Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
No friend required if you are not careful about the biome you waterladder your way down.

*stream of water suddenly vanishes* What? *Looks up, notices ice block laughing at the inexorably and slowly falling steve...*

BTW, thats also an awesome way to die in your cobble gen. I always get "into" the forming cobble block a little bit to minimize the chances of cobble burning up.
One time i set my auto clicker (rubberband) on my mouse, and a few seconds later i heard the death sound, the water turned to ice, and the cobble never formed.

if you can get a vacuum hopper that will stop the loss of cobble

though that requires some luck with endermen

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Using a TiCo pan to kill some of the mobs that were filling my new darkroom while I was working on the MFR Grinder was a slightly bad idea, I'll admit, but not /that/ Derp, and the extra bonemeal and such didn't hurt.

Doing so without Armor is a bit of a derp.

Noticing the mob with the weird purple spirals coming off of it, and then focusing more on the mob's name than getting the hell out of dodge, that brings to full Derpitude.

Ninja is a really unfair thing to see on a Creeper, though.

Reactions: MiniMoggie and Bevo

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I have found that making a 2x2 hole for the water elevator and placing 3 source blocks (leaving the last block as air) makes a pretty safe water elevator. It is wide enough to not accidentally drop out of it, large enough to find if you do, and gives you a way back up to the platform without being "underwater".

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
Being killed by a bomb that climbs walls because you did not take proper precautions. I thought creepers do not ride spiders. Goes to show that anything can happen.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Using a TiCo pan to kill some of the mobs that were filling my new darkroom while I was working on the MFR Grinder was a slightly bad idea, I'll admit, but not /that/ Derp, and the extra bonemeal and such didn't hurt.

Doing so without Armor is a bit of a derp.

Noticing the mob with the weird purple spirals coming off of it, and then focusing more on the mob's name than getting the hell out of dodge, that brings to full Derpitude.

Ninja is a really unfair thing to see on a Creeper, though.

I actually have never seen an infernal mob show up at all in my drop trap. Am I missing something?

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Being killed by a bomb that climbs walls because you did not take proper precautions. I thought creepers do not ride spiders. Goes to show that anything can happen.

they have been riding spiders for quite a while now, but they are really really rare. they are also very deadly, so that rare part is a good thing imho. the worst part is that spiders are faster than unaugmented steve... freaking wall climbing homing missiles is what they are.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
they have been riding spiders for quite a while now, but they are really really rare. they are also very deadly, so that rare part is a good thing imho. the worst part is that spiders are faster than unaugmented steve... freaking wall climbing homing missiles is what they are.
First time I have seen one and thankfully it was not charged. Those are homing nukes that climb walls.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I was attempting to get the cloud blocks last night. Despite me having something like 3 full potion flasks with flight, I decided to try and pillar up to the clouds. Step 1, use about 90 odd vine scaffolding blocks, I didn't have enough vines for more.

Step 2, nerd pole with cobble the rest of the way.

Step 3, fall through cloud but manage to grab onto vine scaffolding on the way down.

Step 4, get ladders to be able to get back to the top. Did you know that you can't transition from vine scaffolding to ladders, so I build out a little and then go up.

Oh, and it was night time by now, so there was a creeper up top. I then managed to fall off again.

Remember how I build out a little bit before going back up? Guess what I managed to hit on my way down.

Reactions: Bevo

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
For all those who need to build down off their platform, the eay mode way. Plus a bock of lava over the void. Wait for the lava to hit the void. Place bucket of water over the void and 1 away from the lava. Wait for the sizzle all the way down. Remove both sourceblocks and either lay ladders down, mine your way down, or build stairs off the pillar. Not that hard, and completely safe.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
For all those who need to build down off their platform, the eay mode way. Plus a bock of lava over the void. Wait for the lava to hit the void. Place bucket of water over the void and 1 away from the lava. Wait for the sizzle all the way down. Remove both sourceblocks and either lay ladders down, mine your way down, or build stairs off the pillar. Not that hard, and completely safe.
unless you forgot food and starve while pillaring back up

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Step 1, play AS with hardcore questing mode.
Step 2, light up all your platforms religiously so mobs can't spawn. (using F7 all the time in fact)
Step 3, Create plenty of metal from sifting, but never make any armour as all the platforms are lit up and no mob can spawn so armor is not needed.
Step 4, extend platform a bit while working on a new build
Step 5, go work on something else the next room over... Just out of spawn prevention range.
Step 6. SSSSsssss. Boom!
Step 10 Profit? Not in this pack.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019

I actually went a step better than that, if you plan it carefully, you can create a tube of cobble all the way down, with careful use of shift and placing ladders, you can then place a block at what would normally be bedrock level.

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
Just blew up a part of my base by placing TNT Blocks for thaumcraft shards. I placed one of them next to a lever and 25 TNT went booom. Luckyly there was nothing too expensive around.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Not a derp. But almost.
I almost used infusion crafting to make a greatwood sapling. This very forum saved me.

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019

Simply use rope ladders from extra utilities

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
1) Make platform out of cobble
2) Pillar up to do wiring using...cobble
3) Don't pay attention when breaking the pillar back down
4) Make all new stuff, and start using dirt for pillars