Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Forgive me, but doesn't HCQ have a block that you can send items into to complete quests remotely? And is needed for completing quests that want fluids?
Its called the QDS: Quest Delivery System.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
So...
Started a new AS world.
Havnt died once yet, almost got my cobble gen. In reality, the hardest part of AS (survival wise) is getting the cobble gen. After that, its *decently* easy.
Edit: Got my cobble gen up!!!
Edit 2: WOOT!!! Sifting my first few pieces of gravel, AND I GOT AN EMERALD!!!

Last edited:

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
So...
Started a new AS world.
Havnt died once yet, almost got my cobble gen. In reality, the hardest part of AS (survival wise) is getting the cobble gen. After that, its *decently* easy.
Edit: Got my cobble gen up!!!
Edit 2: WOOT!!! Sifting my first few pieces of gravel, AND I GOT AN EMERALD!!!
You have no idea just how hard the cobble gen is yet :p

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

null123

Mar 27, 2014
A further quest is 1 octuple compressed cobblestone. It takes about a gazillion regular cobble to make. :(
Oh, Im fully aware of that quest. That quest just requires X ammount of time, as by the time you get to that quest, you should have some sort of auto cobble generation setup (Eg. Terrain Smashers, Igneous Extruder, Etc). Also, it only requires 43.046 Million.

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
Forgive me, but doesn't HCQ have a block that you can send items into to complete quests remotely? And is needed for completing quests that want fluids?

I think he is referring to quests that have a "craft" requirement. Apparently that requirement is not fulfilled when creating the item in a MAC.

GG is correct, my mistakes were made when dealing with some of the crafting quests (the auto-brewer was one of them, IIRC). However, I did not look to see if I could bind the QDS to the quest in question and then feed the finished product to the QDS. I doubt it since the crafting quests allow you to retain the thing you've crafted while the consuming quests which are fed into the QDS do not.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
GG is correct, my mistakes were made when dealing with some of the crafting quests (the auto-brewer was one of them, IIRC). However, I did not look to see if I could bind the QDS to the quest in question and then feed the finished product to the QDS. I doubt it since the crafting quests allow you to retain the thing you've crafted while the consuming quests which are fed into the QDS do not.
I don't think you can "select" crafting tasks to bind to the QDS in the first place

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you can "select" crafting tasks to bind to the QDS in the first place

I don't think so either, but I haven't looked and I didn't want to make a definitive statement until I've had a chance to do so.[DOUBLEPOST=1399466227][/DOUBLEPOST]
Episode 12.

Thank you. I haven't followed the series closely but obviously enough to recognize it.

Edit: Actually Episode 11

Last edited:

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think so either, but I haven't looked and I didn't want to make a definitive statement until I've had a chance to do so.[DOUBLEPOST=1399466227][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you. I haven't followed the series closely but obviously enough to recognize it.

Edit: Actually Episode 11
dires perspective is even better :D

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
today I learned to be very careful where you place your lavagen. do not under any circumstances install it under your nice new oaken gazebo and then go afk to make a mudslide; you may come back to a mess.

Chefbarbie74

Jul 29, 2019
So far only one head graces my "Wall of Shame" and I gained that from my early cobble generator.

I mined the block below the cobble and fell in the hole. Then it was a fight to try and get out, I lost :(

Rawrosaurus

Jul 29, 2019
fish rods are glitchy, y'know, where you're fishing yourself and the damn fish hook keeps derping up and down and getting stuck everywhere unless you've a huge pool or are standing very far from the water.
fish nets is an option, but they only really work efficiently if you've alot of them, which require a large pool of water, which is not possible early game, as your 2x3 pool is as good as it's going to get. and if you reach the stage where you can increase the pool size, you'll already have another source of food by that time
I took a clay bucket and covered the gap with wood then I filled it with water I haven't tried fishing nets on it but I get about 5 fish every 2 minutes