Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
I set up my mob drop trap in a magical biomes to try and spawn pechs. I was trying to figure out why I was getting so few mobs in my drop trap after a while. I changed the zoom and saw on my map radar, that the entire spawn area was filled with wisps. Yea for essence, sucks for clearing. It's not fun trying to clear out a 19x19 dark room full of wisps.

Don't make your mob drop trap in a magical forest biome. Sure you get pechs, but you also get wisps, and wisps fly and thus aren't subjected to the conveyor belts and subsequent drop.

I placed a grinder in one of the walls, and got about 1/2 a stack of essence in just a couple minutes. That's only 1 small section, and the grinder can only reach a 5x5 area.

I'm going through the process of turning off the dark room by replacing blocks in the roof with glass, and trying not to get killed by wisp lightning along the way. Once the dark room is turned off, I figure a few grinders in the walls should take care of the wisps eventually.
I did the same thing (build my mob spawner in a magical forest) I cleared it out by making a warp page to the top of the mob spawner. I then went far enough away from the mob spawner so that they would despawn and warped to the top. It was empty! To deal with the wisps I used conveyors to push the mobs into invar spikes and used a vacuum hopper to collect the drops. The mobs did not travel vertically. My drop shaft is unused. But hey the mob spawner is clog free now!

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I set up my mob drop trap in a magical biomes to try and spawn pechs. I was trying to figure out why I was getting so few mobs in my drop trap after a while. I changed the zoom and saw on my map radar, that the entire spawn area was filled with wisps. Yea for essence, sucks for clearing. It's not fun trying to clear out a 19x19 dark room full of wisps.

Don't make your mob drop trap in a magical forest biome. Sure you get pechs, but you also get wisps, and wisps fly and thus aren't subjected to the conveyor belts and subsequent drop.

I placed a grinder in one of the walls, and got about 1/2 a stack of essence in just a couple minutes. That's only 1 small section, and the grinder can only reach a 5x5 area.

I'm going through the process of turning off the dark room by replacing blocks in the roof with glass, and trying not to get killed by wisp lightning along the way. Once the dark room is turned off, I figure a few grinders in the walls should take care of the wisps eventually.

use the equal trade wand focus, and instead of glass you can use lamps and turn it off

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I forgot that updating the pack resets the config settings.
My axe just repaired itself. Stupid moss :(

Change the aliquo config to allow crooked/smashed on any tool and put it on it. Proceed to use up the durability. Watch as tool disappears.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I, uh, managed to kill myself in creative mode by falling into the void. Just started a SMP Agrarian Skies server, so I decided to fly around a bit and check out the other islands, see how the biomes lined up. hit the wrong key and stopped flying and started falling and panicked and forgot how to fly. Yeah.

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
I moved my bed, forgot to sleep in it, went to the shops after forgetting to hit escape and starved to death, then voided the rest of my lives, bb world heh.

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
I, uh, managed to kill myself in creative mode by falling into the void. Just started a SMP Agrarian Skies server, so I decided to fly around a bit and check out the other islands, see how the biomes lined up. hit the wrong key and stopped flying and started falling and panicked and forgot how to fly. Yeah.

Thats why birds learn to fly from very young, to avoid derps like that in dire situations.

SnowStorm025

Jul 29, 2019
I derped twice memorably
derp 1: I was waiting for a tree to get infested early game, so i went afk, because in normal your hunger doesnt go down unless you do something, but in agrarian skies this is different.
derp 2: a creeper somehow saw me through the roof of my mob spawner, exploded and threw me off the edge :(

Also, with a mob spawner you have easy infinite food, because you can turn bones into three stock, which restores 1 drumstick each (bad saturation tho, but you have sooooo much of it :D)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
use the equal trade wand focus, and instead of glass you can use lamps and turn it off

I'm not quite that far in thaumcraft. I have a mob drop farm, smelteries, and automatic sifters. I've just set up the MAC from AE, and just starting to program it. Sooo many recipes... Once I get a few things programmed, I should be able to make some real progress building things out. Then maybe I can rework my random patchwork of machines and rearrange them in a more logical and cohesive layout.

Edit: Besides, my mob farm is going to be razed and be converted to just a few dark rooms with grinders instead. I also got some cursed earth from a reward bag! :)

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I'm not quite that far in thaumcraft. I have a mob drop farm, smelteries, and automatic sifters. I've just set up the MAC from AE, and just starting to program it. Sooo many recipes... Once I get a few things programmed, I should be able to make some real progress building things out. Then maybe I can rework my random patchwork of machines and rearrange them in a more logical and cohesive layout.

Edit: Besides, my mob farm is going to be razed and be converted to just a few dark rooms with grinders instead. I also got some cursed earth from a reward bag! :)

remember that the cursed earth spreads, so you can put just 1 in there and then get the **** out and seal it up without having to fight your way out

MacSkills

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me how to get nether ores? all i read about agrarian skies is that you dont need to go to the nether to finish the quests
But there is 1 quest called Raw Ores (For the Hoarding) where you need to submit all kinds of nether ores!
Since the nether is unminable by hand (Because of all the hellfish spawns!!!) (dont know if a ender quarry works because its so expensive!).
Is there a way to finish this quest without going to the nether?

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Laser Drill, I think its obvious since the quest is after the Laser Drill Quest and actually with how random lasers are nowadays its quite easy to get a bit from every ore.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I think the mfr laser drill will create nether ores. I don't know if it does all of them, or just the ones that don't have an overworld counterpart like osmium. It has been a while since I've used it.

Edit: ninja'd

MacSkills

Jul 29, 2019
That thing uses so much energy used it once in the overworld, created 1 ore (normal) and used if i remember correctly +/- 4 million RF, do i need to use it in the nether then? how do i dig down to bedrock without dieing 100 times?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
That thing uses so much energy used it once in the overworld, created 1 ore (normal) and used if i remember correctly +/- 4 million RF, do i need to use it in the nether then? how do i dig down to bedrock without dieing 100 times?

Just use it in the over world. Place over the void. No nether trips needed.

Azhrael

Jul 29, 2019
So it gives random ores from both the overworld and the nether? I used it once till it gave me 1 ore, it was just a vanilla ore.

It will spawn pretty much any ore type in the registry. Metals, both overworld and nether, coal, diamond/emerald, lapis, saltpeter, sulpher, yellorium (and uranium for some reason), rutile and bauxite, and heck, even glowstone, weirdly enough. They only ones I haven't seen come out of it are the Ex Nihilo ore gravel/sand/dust (mostly, at least; platinum ore gravel wil pop occasionally, but that's the only one).

MonolithicBizkit

Jul 29, 2019
Set up a mob spawner using a autonomous activator, a sharpness five sword, and conveyor belts. Went inside to collect my torches, got caught on the conveyors and 0.o

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Set up a mob spawner using a autonomous activator, a sharpness five sword, and conveyor belts. Went inside to collect my torches, got caught on the conveyors and 0.o

that's nothing, try an activator with a scythe aimed horizontally into a mob shaft, and then stand a little to close behind the activator
that killed me atleast 5 times now