Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, 1.0.10 appears to still be the recommended version. Can I safely update to 2.0.3? I understand I'll want to backup my world and be prepared to downgrade, but are there any known "don't do this or you'll break your world" incompatibilities?

Going to 2.0.3 from .10 I only had two issues.

#1 The liquids in my ex nihilo barrels all changed to other liquids. Not a big deal.
#2 I had to summon in an editable quest book to fix the glass quest as it was stuck. Maybe already having turned in 150k clear glass and >100k glass messed it up when moving to .3 drastically reduced the requirements.

So only 2 issues for me, both easily fixed. Worst case scenario you have to rollback the modpack version and restore the saves you backed up before upgrading. :)

If you'd like a LOT of the quests to be easier going to .3 is worth it. You might even want to go back through your quest book to look for key rewards that were changed, like the ender/monastic bees.

Speaking of recent derps, this is my latest:
RO1rsIU.jpg

Massive manual slime tree farming for blue slimes when I could have just used my autospawner for green slimes and then auto-dictionaried the output---which made the quest take about 30m.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of recent derps, this is my latest:
RO1rsIU.jpg

Massive manual slime tree farming for blue slimes when I could have just used my autospawner for green slimes and then auto-dictionaried the output---which made the quest take about 30m.

Hmm... I assume you were harvesting the leaves for blue slimes? Since I don't see any slime water. I wonder why you didn't just auto-dic the Green slime the trunks of the trees are made up of?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... I assume you were harvesting the leaves for blue slimes? Since I don't see any slime water. I wonder why you didn't just auto-dic the Green slime the trunks of the trees are made up of?

Because I didn't know you could, obviously. That is what makes it a derp, right?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
This would be my first (significant) derp.

GOzLvUX.png

Yeah- this bad boy.
It makes smooth stone.
F*cking smooth stone!!! - Gotta mine it, then hammer it!

Also slight issue with smashing the glass and pouring lava over wooden platforms/tree farm.
But thats not the point.

F*cking smooth stone man. Not cool. :(
-kicks stone over side muttering about smoothstone...
^^yes thats a language warning. This post contains language.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
This would be my first (significant) derp.

GOzLvUX.png

Yeah- this bad boy.
It makes smooth stone.
F*cking smooth stone!!! - Gotta mine it, then hammer it!

Also slight issue with smashing the glass and pouring lava over wooden platforms/tree farm.
But thats not the point.

F*cking smooth stone man. Not cool. :(
-kicks stone over side muttering about smoothstone...
^^yes thats a language warning. This post contains language.
On the upside, it looks really cool =)

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

NegativeNothing

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about all of you, but I've been playing alot of Agrarian Skies lately. it's really a pack/map where one mistake could lead to the end of your world, so you're very careful with all the things you do.

but ofcourse till you reach that point where you almost make no mistakes anymore, there are still alot of mistakes you make, and death, and lose worlds, and rag...... well, let's not get to that

that's why I'm making this topic, where you can mention all the derp moments you've had on Agrarian Skies

like for example for me yesterday, I spent a whopping 8 diamonds to make a builders wand, as it's awesome to have if you're still making your islands. everything was fine and well, till my finger brushes the "Q" key, right above the void.... goodbye my 8 diamonds, may you rest in pieces in the void.

or when you just start out with Agrarian Skies, jumping and running all over the place, but then you get hungry, really hungry, but there's no food.... in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...... hello new world.

another type of derp is not knowing the new game mechanics of Agrarian Skies, like that you can pulverize your cobble into gravel, into sand and lastly into dust, so you've spend a good 2 hours manually hammering all those blocks before you figure this out.... yea, new world in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...... hello new world.

or not knowing that 9 arrows actually make a chicken egg, and wondering how long it takes for animals to naturally start spawning on your small grassy area, waiting hour after hour.... and then you get impatient, and just start making a simple mob spawner, and mess with the wrong enderman.... new world in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...... hello new world.
I have thrown things away enough times that the first thing I do when starting any new modpack/world is rebind the 'throw away' key to something other than 'Q'.

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to upgrade my mob tower. When I built it because I couldn't face going up so high above a tiny platform all in one go I built it a floor at a time until I was at the height I wanted. The internal dimensions are just 9x9 so not too overpowered. I decided to make use of the different floors and remodelled the spawning floor so I now have two 5x5 cursed earth mob farms on top of each other with an MFR grinder killing the mobs - I even used dark glass so I could see inside. It looks nice. To power the grinders I'm using a reactant dynamo with mob essence and gunpowder. I also have an auto-disenchanter connected to the system and it still is producing more mob essence than I'm using. :) I now have nearly 2000 buckets of mob essence :) I then decided to use another floor for a mob spawner using an auto-spawner. I used an angry doll in a barrel of lava to spawn a blaze and captured it in a safari net. All good so far!! No trips to the scary sounding nether. There's a derp in here somewhere and I'm coming to that. I didn't want to use another grinder so I have conveyer belts pushing them to a hole which drops them down a dozen or so levels to the bottom where they meet an invar spike. This works really well. However I decided to run the auto-spawner with the blaze but decided to take out the invar spike so I could kill them myself. This had the effect of dropping the level of the mobs down 1 level to floor level where they now had a nice two high opening through which they could escape. I tried to block the hole but they were already out along with an infernal blaze that was making me blind and sticking me in cobwebs. I died. Facepalm. Fortunately single player came to my rescue and I just switched over to peaceful to get rid of the blaze while I ascended to where the lever is that switches the spawner off. The second cautionary note is that one of the infernal blaze seems to have glitched through the bottom of the drop tube and ended up underneath the platform. Note to self to never leave it running with blaze in it. Supervise and keep the spike in place.

boclfon479

Jul 29, 2019
today i had my super derp. I was trying to automate gravel into a sieve, and it wasnt working and it was bothering me. i spent an HOUR trying to fix it and just realized the problem.

i had the actuator's input set to output for some reason... :'(

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
My friend ( @ThatsAPaddling ) was hosting the LAN server on Hamachi for the both of us to play together.

He kept stealing the dirt I was making to get some ores, so I figured I'd give him a couple of hits, not to kill him though. I whacked him a couple times, then to my horror, he died. I forgot that pickaxes deal extra damage -_- Even worse, he was on his last life and we never played AS again :p

Reactions: ThatsAPaddling

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
So, when you're filling your reactor (thats near the edge of a platform) with Resonant Ender, WATCH YOUR FOOTING. Just sayin'.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Heya!

I think ore doubling through pulverizer has been removed right? Whats the best way to double ores now?

I made two smelteries (so metals dont alloy) and a lot of piping, but they are ugly to see and slow (i would need a ton of pipes and space so the liquids flow properly)

Is there another option? why was pulverizing removed?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Heya!

I think ore doubling through pulverizer has been removed right? Whats the best way to double ores now?

I made two smelteries (so metals dont alloy) and a lot of piping, but they are ugly to see and slow (i would need a ton of pipes and space so the liquids flow properly)

Is there another option? why was pulverizing removed?
Pulverizers work like normal on the dust ore blocks.

Reactions: Juanitierno

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
today i had my super derp. I was trying to automate gravel into a sieve, and it wasnt working and it was bothering me. i spent an HOUR trying to fix it and just realized the problem.

i had the actuator's input set to output for some reason... :'(
Been there, done that

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Pulverizers work like normal on the dust ore blocks.

Just tested and you are correct! The pulverizing does not show in the "u" for uses in nei tho, and i couldn't find it in the "recipes" menu from clickiing on the pulverizer GUI progress-arrow

Thank you!

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Just tested and you are correct! The pulverizing does not show in the "u" for uses in nei tho, and i couldn't find it in the "recipes" menu from clickiing on the pulverizer GUI progress-arrow

Thank you!

You have to look up the uses for iron ore because the dust ore blocks are ore dictionaried with their ore counterpart. The only one that doesn't grind up in a pulverizer is aluminum.

Reactions: Juanitierno

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
You have to look up the uses for iron ore because the dust ore blocks are ore dictionaried with their ore counterpart. The only one that doesn't grind up in a pulverizer is aluminum.
is there a reason for that? I though that was a bug.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
is there a reason for that? I though that was a bug.

For aluminum? It "is" but Jaded prefers it the way it is. The ores are ore dictionaried but the names are slightly different: oreAluminum and ore Aluminium

The slight difference causes the pulverizer not to recognize the ore.

As for the looking up the recipe; not really. Just a quirk of how the pulverizer handles the ore dictionary.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I set up my mob drop trap in a magical biomes to try and spawn pechs. I was trying to figure out why I was getting so few mobs in my drop trap after a while. I changed the zoom and saw on my map radar, that the entire spawn area was filled with wisps. Yea for essence, sucks for clearing. It's not fun trying to clear out a 19x19 dark room full of wisps.

Don't make your mob drop trap in a magical forest biome. Sure you get pechs, but you also get wisps, and wisps fly and thus aren't subjected to the conveyor belts and subsequent drop.

I placed a grinder in one of the walls, and got about 1/2 a stack of essence in just a couple minutes. That's only 1 small section, and the grinder can only reach a 5x5 area.

I'm going through the process of turning off the dark room by replacing blocks in the roof with glass, and trying not to get killed by wisp lightning along the way. Once the dark room is turned off, I figure a few grinders in the walls should take care of the wisps eventually.