Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
each open blocks tank requires 4 obsidian per 2 tanks, that means, in order to make a 3x3x3 tank, you would need 54 obsidian, which is kindof a lot, not to mention the glass.
Yeah, but it's all the same block. There's no real skill or planning needed to set one up. Also, you'd need 56 Obsidian. You can't just make one tank.
IC Multiblock tanks took time, planning, and a lot of different blocks to put together. That's all I'm saying.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Open block tanks are not recommended. Absolute lag monsters.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, I've noticed. I guess it has something to do with the fact that the contents have a wave animation. I just use Drums and Mariculture tanks now.

Just not really the best coding.

Upwards of 150 updates per second per block.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I like TE tanks for small stuff and fluid cells for the big stuff. Something in between and far away I use drums.

Can't really imagine doing some of this without Extra Cells fluid cells. I tend to stockpile 1000 buckets of stuff I use like honey, seed oil, DNA, and 15000 buckets or more of mob essence.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I like TE tanks for small stuff and fluid cells for the big stuff. Something in between and far away I use drums.

Can't really imagine doing some of this without Extra Cells fluid cells. I tend to stockpile 1000 buckets of stuff I use like honey, seed oil, DNA, and 15000 buckets or more of mob essence.

But AE is so nasty :s

Yikes! No wonder my little laptop chugs. Gotta go swap out my liquid EXP tank then... Guess it's back to Mariculture.

Yeah a LiquidXP tank is all I ever generally use for the easy leveling.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
But AE is so nasty :s
NooOoOoOooo. AE is Beautiful.
jTUTVtP.jpg
Just looking at that makes me happy. A place for everything and everything in its place. Wish I had some ic2? facades to make it even nicer.

Reactions: SkeletonPunk

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
NooOoOoOooo. AE is Beautiful.
jTUTVtP.jpg
Just looking at that makes me happy. A place for everything and everything in its place. Wish I had some ic2? facades to make it even nicer.

It makes me cringe more than I care to admit because I know I'll have to build it. AE is so... ugly.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
It makes me cringe more than I care to admit because I know I'll have to build it. AE is so... ugly.

You can hide all of it and while you have to build some of it for quests you don't actually have to use it. Build it, turn it in if needed, throw the rest over the edge.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Not cool Ex Aliquo. I saw in 2.0.1 changelog that I could compost MFR Rubber (assumingly into dirt). Tried it, din't work.
Started farming Rubber Trees for nothing. Not close to start using MFR Machines.

In 2.0.3 they can be.[DOUBLEPOST=1397830001][/DOUBLEPOST]
I decided to set up a nice orchard. I thought the space next to my MFR tree farm would be nice. It didn't occur to me that the tree harvester had such a long reach past the 9x9 of the tree farm. Within a few mins of me bonemealing my trees to maturity they were all gone :(:oops:

I did this too.. in front of the developer.. he laughed.. a lot :oops:[DOUBLEPOST=1397830173][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would've liked to at least have something with multiblock storage tanks. Probably the only feature from BC/IC that I miss. As for my derp, I once again forgot that even the green clay in Home Sweet Home is only a block thick in places. Buh-bai, Alumite sword and lumber axe.

Tinker's Steelworks is in 2.0.1 and 2.0.3. It has large multiblock tanks.

Reactions: _Mysteriez_

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, 1.0.10 appears to still be the recommended version. Can I safely update to 2.0.3? I understand I'll want to backup my world and be prepared to downgrade, but are there any known "don't do this or you'll break your world" incompatibilities?

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, 1.0.10 appears to still be the recommended version. Can I safely update to 2.0.3? I understand I'll want to backup my world and be prepared to downgrade, but are there any known "don't do this or you'll break your world" incompatibilities?

My world didnt had any issues upgrading.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Tinker's Steelworks is in 2.0.1 and 2.0.3. It has large multiblock tanks.

I've never used Tinker's Steelworks... But hey, as long as I can have my huge metal tank full of over a trillion buckets of apple juice, I'm good.

Even though forestry just changed it to fruit juice.... bah.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
Biggest derp so far. Not lighting your construction project when you go for more materials.
javaw 2014-04-18 16-42-44-89.png

Thank heavens for drawbridges keeping my main island safe.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
Just a simple HUD mod called DaftPVF's InGameInfo which can be found on the Minecraft Forums. As for the layout, I designed that myself.