Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Or they could cost a bit more. Like, a amount that makes them actually costly.
I'm using CC 1.6.X now, and I love those pocket computers. I even found a program someone made to make using turtle swarms much easier.

For them to be a viable cost in AgS it'd be something like 7 emeralds/diamonds instead of iron a block of redstone(In the comp recipe) and a hardened strongbox.

Reactions: YX33A

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
For them to be a viable cost in AgS it'd be something like 7 emeralds/diamonds instead of iron a block of redstone(In the comp recipe) and a hardened strongbox.

Given that your ability to gather base resources goes up once you get your first autonomous activator, even 7 emeralds/diamonds aren't that hard to get. I suppose the only advantage of that as a cost, is that by the time you have the resources to spend on it, they may not be super beneficial.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Given that your ability to gather base resources goes up once you get your first autonomous activator, even 7 emeralds/diamonds aren't that hard to get. I suppose the only advantage of that as a cost, is that by the time you have the resources to spend on it, they may not be super beneficial.

That would be the point. The stage of the game when they would be overtly powerful is mitigated by gating them behind an expensive recipe if you wish to use them at the time they are most powerful but makes it so you can't use the other options because of the resource sink.

Reactions: YX33A

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I keep wanting to build routers and packagers, speaking of mods I wouldn't mind seeing added. ;)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I keep wanting to build routers and packagers, speaking of mods I wouldn't mind seeing added. ;)
Yeah, but then you need a way to get that dark iron stuff, and neither Ex Nhilio or Ex Aqualio have support for that stuff AFAIK.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I had a diamond barrel RIGHT next to my mob farm. When i added witchwater to the farm for skulls, i forgot about the super charged creepers, so (like the fool i am) I went ahead and tried to catch one, long story short, it exploded, almost killed me, wiped out a good chunk of my farm, and destroyed my diamond barrel full of flesh making me lag like CRAZY until i set it on fire to delete the entities.

Timm638

Jul 29, 2019
At me, it was more like Agrarian Luck Skies but first the Derps:
Derp 1: Running on my one-block wide Path to my Mobfarm while night.Spider knocked me down.
Ninja Skillz!11eleven : Quit after a half second by ESC and make in MCEdit a Platform under the Player to prevent losing my Resources.
Derp 2: Standing on a Edge, looking to a Enderman, Endie teleports behind me and hits me.Falling another time.Quit while in fall.
Emergency SKillz!11eleven : Edit another Platform under me in MCEdit.

Luck 1 : Sifted 16 Sand and got 2 Ancient Spores
Luck 2 : Found Rubber Seed in my Chest and found out how to use "Item-highlight" from NEI
Luck 3 : Pulverize 2 Coal for Ender Ingot.Takes out 20 Coal out the Chest for the Sulfur.Looking in Pulverizer.Saw 2 Sulfur in the 2nd Result-Slot.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
so yea.... yesterday I went to the nether in Home sweet Home, which was my very first time on that map
I forgot that the portal would be at a different spot then Flat Platform.
a pigman was close to the portal, but couldn't climb up to me, so I thought it'd be save.... until I showed him how to get around............ so I started hitting him, accidentally hit a netherrack block, and a hellfish spawned..... I started running like hell, but obviously, it was already too late

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but then you need a way to get that dark iron stuff, and neither Ex Nhilio or Ex Aqualio have support for that stuff AFAIK.
Ex Nihilo mentions lead and silver for Factorization but not dark iron.

Could just add dark iron to the drop table for Pigmen. :p

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Now, it's been a while since I've dealt with Factorization, but last I recall, you made Dark Iron by lighting Iron Blocks with a Wraith Lighter. Did that change or something? Seems to me it could just stand as is.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
It did change. Dark iron is now an ore you find at the lowest levels of the world. even lower than diamond. Y=8 was the highest level I found the ore.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
#Nope, it wouldve been great, same with Buildcraft, but Jaded is evil.
I'm glad Buildcraft was left out. In its current state, basically every useful thing it adds is done better by other mods (ducts > pipes, Enderquarry > quarry, etc.).

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad Buildcraft was left out. In its current state, basically every useful thing it adds is done better by other mods (ducts > pipes, Enderquarry > quarry, etc.).
Yes, but the enderquarry is SUPER expensive and complicated to craft, i found it complicated to make in my survival world in direwolf. But in this?!?! i can't even think about it.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but the enderquarry is SUPER expensive and complicated to craft, i found it complicated to make in my survival world in direwolf. But in this?!?! i can't even think about it.

Start thinking. You can get most of you need from quest bags. I've been running one for a few days, have another that I got from a quest.

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Well, my first big big derp. Derpy Derps... *sigh*
I was making a platform where I was gonna start automating ores, and I fell. Being the cheaty cheaty guy I am, I went into MCEdit, and tped the player Spawn_32 (me) to the platform... when I came back, I was still in void, and I almost died. Went into MCEdit again. Tped Player AND Spawn_32 back into the platform... game took forever loading my world. When I finally came back, I saw my cobble, and I was so happy! A milisecond after, "Spawn_32 fell from a high place". Momentum was kept from the fall. *Sigh*
Well, -1 life is price enough, I deserve it. Just din't want to lose my items.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019

I would've liked to at least have something with multiblock storage tanks. Probably the only feature from BC/IC that I miss. As for my derp, I once again forgot that even the green clay in Home Sweet Home is only a block thick in places. Buh-bai, Alumite sword and lumber axe.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I would've liked to at least have something with multiblock storage tanks. Probably the only feature from BC/IC that I miss. As for my derp, I once again forgot that even the green clay in Home Sweet Home is only a block thick in places. Buh-bai, Alumite sword and lumber axe.
Don't we have open blocks, open blocks have multi structure tanks that can be as big as you want.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Don't we have open blocks, open blocks have multi structure tanks that can be as big as you want.

True, but I liked the effort you had to put in to build a proper IC storage tank. And their storage space grew exponentially the larger you made them.
Heck, I'd even take using XyCraft Tanks. I just like building them.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
True, but I liked the effort you had to put in to build a proper IC storage tank. And their storage space grew exponentially the larger you made them.
Heck, I'd even take using XyCraft Tanks. I just like building them.
each open blocks tank requires 4 obsidian per 2 tanks, that means, in order to make a 3x3x3 tank, you would need 54 obsidian, which is kindof a lot, not to mention the glass.