Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
You'll also want to get into auto-enchanting for Inferno 3 books and 1 UP 3 books to go on your chestpiece/jewlery.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumostatic Harness helps a lot with nether travel. The only thing you can't fly away from is fire bats, and only because they fly just as fast as you do.

Surprisingly, when i went into the nether, i didn't find anything. No ghasts, creepers, bats, spiders, or even pigmen. I did eventually manage to find an imp. I basically had free run of the whole place. Weird part was, i wasn't on peaceful. When in, collected a full inventory and left.

alot of people seem to have this problem. it seems you can fix this problem by logging out in the nether, and logging back in. when you do that all mobs in the nether should start spawning again

Not that 8 beef jerky is a horrible reward. I just saw "Epic" on the bag and started getting excited.

I had to breed up to Chestnut trees and squeeze out quite a bit of seed oil for that jerky.

yea... I've had those bags before, opened them, and I get some jerky... le sigh

for those who are interested, I've completed all the quests in a creative world to see what the rewards will be for each quest. I've chosen a quest bag each time when you were given a choice for a reward, and I always chose the first bag. now do note that the quest rewards from the bags are completely RNG, so even if you get a legendary bag, you can still get crap rewards. you just have a higher chance of getting a good reward with a higher tier bag, then a lower tier bag.

Hardcore Quest Rewards: these are all the bags and hearts I've collected from all the quests
ikSxQE5.png

pFOA8Xq.png

Item Rewards: this chest is filled with all the item rewards you get from quests. do note these items did not came from reward bags, because there are also quests which give items as rewards. also note, the last 4 strongboxes come from the very last quest, and pretty much contain almost all the content from all the reward bags.
zZPZcyn.png

2w3QSBf.png

Basic Reward Bag: items gotten from a basic reward bag
lKYHMcl.png

3UNoTLg.png

Good Reward Bag: items gotten from a good reward bag
wKB6zEg.png

VjffYOj.png

Greater Reward Bag: items gotten from a greater reward bag
bm2mNno.png

3eneWcp.png

Epic Reward Bag: items gotten from an epic reward bag
xERCCaI.png

WnphQyT.png

Legendary Reward Bag: items gotten from a legendary reward bag
XRb0L8F.png

UiY6rxh.png

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The Mob Router from MFR is going to remove the skeletons, but I can't think of an easy way to siphon off half of them.

If you're using MFR anyway why not just grind all the mobs from your normal mob trap and then use the essence to spawn skeletons wherever you want them? That is what I did. I've got 4 5x5 cursed earth spawner/grinders dumping mob essence into an AE system. Then use an autospawner to spawn skeletons which conveyor belts dump onto spikes covered by a thin flow of witch water.

What did I need all those wither skulls for? Infusion crafting instability reduction. I'd put up some pictures if the auth servers were up.

I used the cofh killall command in the nether to get it to start spawning mobs properly.

Oh hey, now this is an Epic Reward.
qo78SSp.jpg

Last edited:

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
My biggest derps so far are the most basic ones you'll ever come across and I wonder how many did this and thought ... I've never admitting that!!!

Derp 1 - Building the first mob farm - strolls out 50 or so half slabs and night comes.... looks back at house area and it's covered in mobs and you think wtf they never spawned whilst I was there, why now, having realised the answer you facepalm.

Derp 2 - Oh yeah cobblegen baby, lets go! lets go! ... wtf obsidian, noooooooooooooooooooooo

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
My biggest derps so far are the most basic ones you'll ever come across and I wonder how many did this and thought ... I've never admitting that!!!

Derp 1 - Building the first mob farm - strolls out 50 or so half slabs and night comes.... looks back at house area and it's covered in mobs and you think wtf they never spawned whilst I was there, why now, having realised the answer you facepalm.

Derp 2 - Oh yeah cobblegen baby, lets go! lets go! ... wtf obsidian, noooooooooooooooooooooo

I did both of these. got blown up by a creeper on the spawn platform to boot. everything went over the edge. new world in 3. 2. 1.
the cobblegen thing. well.. i had forgotten how vanilla cobble gens behave. been playing with extruders for too long i guess, and cobble for the cobblegen structure was precious. yeah... obsidian.... :oops:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I can say I haven't accidentally created obsidian uptil now, I've actually build quite a few cobblegens now in Agrarian Skies which all worked perfectly for me.
I can say however I accidentally placed a few wooden barrels too close to a lava source... damn those things light up quickly :p

Poringosa

Jul 29, 2019
My best derp for now:
I decided, that I need much more redstone and thought: Let's automate it. So I added a pulverizer to my already running Gravel siev setup. After an hour: "Hmm, no redstone at all and no other dusts... strange" I looked into my activators."Hm, all filled with sand... should work perfectly". Walked away and got mad about "bad rng" after two mitues: "Wait... SAND??" >.<Added another pulverizer and now it works :p

Lisugau

Jul 29, 2019
You made another pulverizer? I think adding a itemduct with a servo that loops everything except dust would be best, but I can't say for sure because I'm not that far yet. Would one pulverizer keep up with a single sieve if it grinds 3 stages?

Assuming you're still early game where being conservative is still necessary

My biggest derp was "ooh what does this road block do". Curses.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
You made another pulverizer? I think adding a itemduct with a servo that loops everything except dust would be best, but I can't say for sure because I'm not that far yet. Would one pulverizer keep up with a single sieve if it grinds 3 stages?

Assuming you're still early game where being conservative is still necessary

If you're still early game I'd suggest semi-automation with gravel and manually sieve dust for any redstone needs till you have 4-5 activators working on gravel. You'll be churning out the materials for more activators relatively quick after that.

Lisugau

Jul 29, 2019
I see.

Also, being new to this modpack, I didn't get the slime water when I could. Will there be another opportunity?

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
I see.

Also, being new to this modpack, I didn't get the slime water when I could. Will there be another opportunity?

You dont necesarerly need it, it just makes it easier, meaning you dont need to bridge for slime chunks. The Slimy sapling is better than the watter imo tho, also packs may be able to give you either of the 2.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
I mined the road block without stepping on it, because it was in the way of what I was building. Then I picked up the sign without reading it. I feel like I missed out.

lukethedude

Jul 29, 2019
So people get shot off of the road block? I dance on the thin and nothing happens. So I killed it and threw it off the edge...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2019
Well...Since this is derps I have a question, and a derp of my own.

Derp: got magnet, 3 stacks of food, and all the way up to blood magic...Sneezed and flicked my mouse to a weird angle, while walking...New world in...3...2...1...rage.

Now a quick question...What is the Pan of Destiny made of? Iv tried every ingot, every material, and i just cant repair it...I have a fire aspect,life steal, knockback pan of broken tears, and i need to get it back D:

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Well...Since this is derps I have a question, and a derp of my own.

Derp: got magnet, 3 stacks of food, and all the way up to blood magic...Sneezed and flicked my mouse to a weird angle, while walking...New world in...3...2...1...rage.

Now a quick question...What is the Pan of Destiny made of? Iv tried every ingot, every material, and i just cant repair it...I have a fire aspect,life steal, knockback pan of broken tears, and i need to get it back D:

Simple netherrack, but i have the same problem with those swords made out of paper blade and cactus guard, i just cant repair it no matter jhow much paper i try to use.