Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Only one death so far counts as a derp on my part. I've starved once and fell off once, but after getting started a second time things began to go well. Got a Igneous Extruder, plenty of cobble platforms, decided let's go take a peek in the Nether. No armor, but two cobalt hammers from the reward bags and I thought so long as I was careful, stayed close to the portal I'd be safe. Then an angry zombie pigman races around the corner, smacks me around, follows me through my portal and kills me. I did eventually kill him, then instantly destroyed my portal and I'm not sure I'm going to go back anytime soon. Not without armor and some better weapons.

Thaumostatic Harness helps a lot with nether travel. The only thing you can't fly away from is fire bats, and only because they fly just as fast as you do.

Surprisingly, when i went into the nether, i didn't find anything. No ghasts, creepers, bats, spiders, or even pigmen. I did eventually manage to find an imp. I basically had free run of the whole place. Weird part was, i wasn't on peaceful. When in, collected a full inventory and left.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Not that 8 beef jerky is a horrible reward. I just saw "Epic" on the bag and started getting excited.

I had to breed up to Chestnut trees and squeeze out quite a bit of seed oil for that jerky.

Reactions: Padfoote

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Not that 8 beef jerky is a horrible reward. I just saw "Epic" on the bag and started getting excited.

I had to breed up to Chestnut trees and squeeze out quite a bit of seed oil for that jerky.
Heh. Saw the same exact thing and pulled out diamond horse armor enchanted with... Sharpness V...

I've gotten:
2x Sharpness V diamond horse armor
2x Feather Falling III boats
1x Feather Falling V boat
2x Silk Touch X wooden swords
and an enchanted piece of paper with some non-vanilla enchant i don't remember the name of.
I've also gotten a stack of rockets.

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
I got a wooden sword with Silk touch, and a Boat with feather falling. And 1 Sharpness 5 Diamond horse armor, and an enchanted hoe of growth, enchanted axe of the stream, a pickaxe of the core, and a thaumostatic harness, and the Thaumcraft items were all from 1 reward bag, and I haven't even started Thaumcraft in this pack.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Surprisingly, when i went into the nether, i didn't find anything. No ghasts, creepers, bats, spiders, or even pigmen. I did eventually manage to find an imp. I basically had free run of the whole place. Weird part was, i wasn't on peaceful. When in, collected a full inventory and left.
I think the mob spawning in the Nether was turned down, since zombie pigmen now attack on sight.

Of course this means it's extremely difficult to get wither skeletons, since fortress spawning was also affected.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Im scared to go to the nether now

And you weren't before?
I think this picture of my minimap does a good job of explaining this particular derp. Death #2. Be very careful with Enderquarries in the Nether.

J9JAiaZ.jpg

I'm pretty sure this warrants fear of the nether more.

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
Of course this means it's extremely difficult to get wither skeletons, since fortress spawning was also affected.

It's not necessarily so hard to get wither skeletons...
If you drop a regular skeleton in witch water it turns into a wither skeleton

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I think the mob spawning in the Nether was turned down, since zombie pigmen now attack on sight.

You can manufacture wither skeletons by dunking regular skeletons in witch water. I am trying to make a build that automates this process, but I am having trouble thinking of a way of modifying the existing mob tower to separate out half of the skeletons and leave the other half alone. The Mob Router from MFR is going to remove the skeletons, but I can't think of an easy way to siphon off half of them.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
You can manufacture wither skeletons by dunking regular skeletons in witch water. I am trying to make a build that automates this process, but I am having trouble thinking of a way of modifying the existing mob tower to separate out half of the skeletons and leave the other half alone. The Mob Router from MFR is going to remove the skeletons, but I can't think of an easy way to siphon off half of them.
You could always just situate the router to only scan half of the actual mob tower.
That picture is why
I do not know what a hellfish is
But e spawn chicken egg spawning in infernal silverfish makes me go NOPE
Hellfish is just a silverfish that lights you on fire when they hit you. Not sure if they have increased hp or attack, but they always seem to spawn in numbers similar to that picture.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
You could always just situate the router to only scan half of the actual mob tower.

Hellfish is just a silverfish that lights you on fire when they hit you. Not sure if they have increased hp or attack, but they always seem to spawn in numbers similar to that picture.

If their behaviour is the same as vanilla silverfish, then releasing one, will cause the ones next to that one to also "hatch". this can have a really really bad cascading effect if there are a LOT of those hatching blocks in the area. (you know it's a hatching block when you can harvest it quickly by hand or sword)

I suggest getting a scythe for dealing with them. it's AOE will do wonders for getting rid of them fast.