Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
7XOR2.png

I must have sifted over 1000 gravel by now, and I have 9 (edit: 10) diamonds and one emerald. Emeralds are only slightly rarer than diamonds, so either the RNG hates me today or this is an elaborate troll.

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah sifting can be annoying like that. I went through a similarly ridiculous amount of sand for ancient spores. Ended up getting mycelium via a sludge boiler

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
7XOR2.png

I must have sifted over 1000 gravel by now, and I have 9 (edit: 10) diamonds and one emerald. Emeralds are only slightly rarer than diamonds, so either the RNG hates me today or this is an elaborate troll.

The RNG can be a real bastard. i struggled with getting redstone for a while. so even tho I was ready to set up a macerator and other work savers, I had to manually crush stack after stack of cobble into dust just to get the few pieces of redstone needed for the pulverizer and survivalist generator.

UnderscoreH

Jul 29, 2019
The RNG can be a real bastard. i struggled with getting redstone for a while. so even tho I was ready to set up a macerator and other work savers, I had to manually crush stack after stack of cobble into dust just to get the few pieces of redstone needed for the pulverizer and survivalist generator.

Try using the tnt generator. 2more redstone but is alot faster. and you only need gunpowder.

Reactions: Gimply Goose

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
Also I use bloodwood trees for redstone. I got lucky early on with a loot bag with bloodwood saplings in it. I get 10-20 redstone per tree which is wondrous.

UnderscoreH

Jul 29, 2019
Also I use bloodwood trees for redstone. I got lucky early on with a loot bag with bloodwood saplings in it. I get 10-20 redstone per tree which is wondrous.

Can you get bloodwood from soulsand through the sieve? i noticed that there are a few saplings you can get

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
All my derps and successes are fully on display on my Let's play. So far I have lost my carrots and died from AFK without hitting escape :( Interested parties can find my LP in the Youtube section.

aah, that reminds me of my AFK death, waiting for some resources to cook up, but being too impatient to wait and just checking some websites, before coming back and seeing a death screen

UnderscoreH

Jul 29, 2019
Yes you can! The only pain is that they grow upside down. Have not figured out how to automate yet...
Edit: misspelling

use autonomous activators and have them right click above them, there is a setting that allows you to change the level of their clicking. that should plant the sapplings. Then just get a harvester.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Try using the tnt generator. 2more redstone but is alot faster. and you only need gunpowder.
good idea. I have 4 of the tier one generators right now, and it is not enough energy to do more than run one machine. one is enough to keep the mfr grinder going tho, and i suspect that it would be enough to run a planter, a fisher and such, so they won't be wasted if i change em up.
I do have bloodwood saplings. It's just that they destroy blocks when they grow. you risk destroying your platform if you aren't careful.

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
use autonomous activators and have them right click above them, there is a setting that allows you to change the level of their clicking. that should plant the sapplings. Then just get a harvester.
The problem with the harvester is if the tree grows too short it isn't found in the initial range of the harvester, being upside down and all... I haven't tried putting out at the base of the tree yet... Does that work?

UnderscoreH

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with the harvester is if the tree grows too short it isn't found in the initial range of the harvester, being upside down and all... I haven't tried putting out at the base of the tree yet... Does that work?

No idea, but its worth a test. not sure if the Harvester was programmed to scan down.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
The current version of MFR harvests trees up and down. The version before the switch in how trees are harvested does too. The one with the switch does not though.

I put a block of netherrack or soul sand two above the surface of your platform, so one space between it and the platform. An Autonomous Activator is placed on that block, pointed down. I then destroy the 3x3 grid of the platform below that, so it's all empty space below. Then put a bloodwood sapling in the AA, which plants it on the bottom of the block.

I then bonemeal the sapling until it grows, then fill in the part of the removed platform that wasn't filled by the 2x2 tree. I then hook up a Harvester to harvest the tree, pointed at the upmost layer of wood. I hook an itemduct to the chest connected to the Harvester with a servo in it blacklisting the redstone. The itemduct leads back to the AA, with a servo sending saplings into it, with a trashcan after that to destroy the worthless wood.

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
So now for a proper derp tale, I was building a tree-farm early game, using half-slabs so I can just walk onto the trunk for those taller trees, and as I ran around the dirt block to finish up, I fell down a hole I had left earlier. Then I respawned with (practically) infinite negative saturation (I even cheated in a bunch of hearty foods to test this, no dice), restart in 5,4,3,2,1...
Edit: The worst part is I thought to myself earlier "I should fill in that hole later"

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Then I respawned with (practically) infinite negative saturation (I even cheated in a bunch of hearty foods to test this, no dice), restart in 5,4,3,2,1...

Sounds like a bug, why not just NBTEdit your saturation back to normal?

My biggest derp so far, although I didn't restart: I made some pressurized water (from Mariculture), and was throwing worthless items in and watching them get flung off the edge of the island, then I accidentally stepped in it and got flung off the edge of the island.

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
First derp of AS so far:

Grabbing some gravel from my pulverizer processing to throw into my sieving lineup of activators.

An hour later...

Where'd I put that dirt... Checks chest at the end of processing sorting. Why is there a stack and a quarter of stones...? Son of a-

It was a whole stack of dirt too ;-; Dirt and gravel look so similar in Jaded's TP ;-;

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
First derp of AS so far:

Grabbing some gravel from my pulverizer processing to throw into my sieving lineup of activators.

An hour later...

Where'd I put that dirt... Checks chest at the end of processing sorting. Why is there a stack and a quarter of stones...? Son of a-

It was a whole stack of dirt too ;-; Dirt and gravel look so similar in Jaded's TP ;-;
I use vanilla textures :3