Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jaktbone

Jul 29, 2019
I can honestly say I haven't derped so far. I've only died once, but that's because I had no idea how anything worked, so I played blind, figured it all out after that death though, gave me a lot of time to figure stuff out. I can say the hardest thing to figure out so far was how to get lava gen, I then thought
Do itemducts and fluiducts work on crucibles? Then, GG, infinite lava, infinite power.

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I think this picture of my minimap does a good job of explaining this particular derp. Death #2. Be very careful with Enderquarries in the Nether.

J9JAiaZ.jpg

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I like how there's one random silverfish in the mix of it all.

jaktbone

Jul 29, 2019
Also I think someone had a problem with rng and emeralds?Yeah its rng, I have 12 emeralds and 2 diamonds. Rng is cray cray.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I loads of all the metals except the ones I need. (Gold, Iron, Redstone)
Process all your metals in the induction smelter and use the resulting rich slag to get 3 ingots per dust for iron. As for redstone, I have found that the only way to get it in abundance is go to the nether for the nether redstone ore, which results in a whopping 24 redstone per ore when pulverized. Dangerous to get, but very worth it. In my latest play through, I had the extreme good fortune of getting 3 stacks of nether redstone in my first reward bag, which was also fairly annoying as you cannot do anything with it until you have TE machines.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Metals are no problem once you have your first activator. Just a matter of patience. Redstone has been the hurdle for most machines. I need to get serious about bees or serious about power gen to drive a laser. Going all the way to dust just for redstone is a pain.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Metals are no problem once you have your first activator. Just a matter of patience. Redstone has been the hurdle for most machines. I need to get serious about bees or serious about power gen to drive a laser. Going all the way to dust just for redstone is a pain.

you get the nether trees that drop redstone dust when harvested from sieving soul sand. soul sand is gotten by making witch water. just got to sift enough sand for the ancient spores. yeah. that is quite a bit of rng worship, but it keeps you out of the nether for longer. no need to sift dust except for glowstone, and that can wait til you have an automated setup.

Oh, another derp i made yesterday. I did not know you could make a stone barrel, and that one is required for making netherrack. i was so annoyed at maybe having to go to the nether to get that, that I kept postponing doing the thaumcraft stuff. could have gotten flight by now if I had known sooner.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I quit AS when I got to the hammering. I can't take all the hammering.

You virtually don't have to once you have a pulverizer. Which can be relatively early on. You can also make an activator for hammering ores.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
You virtually don't have to once you have a pulverizer. Which can be relatively early on. You can also make an activator for hammering ores.

Ill have to look at the pulverizer and see what its material requirements are. Hammering the ores I don't mind so much. Its the, harvest cobble from the gen, hammer the cobble to gravel, hammer again, hammer again. Right click 14 @#$(ing times to sift a block. repeat. This needs to go asap.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I stopped hammering early on. Once your pulverizers are running there really is no need. They'll produce plenty of metal. Run your pulverizers with magmatic dynamos getting lava from crucibles filled by the same igneous extruders producing the cobble you're pulverizing in the first place. It is "free" to operate once you've got it setup. Just sit back and watch your barrels fill up. Assemble the stuff, throw it in your smeltery while wishing you had factorization packagers.

Oh and I do have a bunch of those saplings for the nether trees, just didn't know they produced redstone. :)

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Also I think someone had a problem with rng and emeralds?Yeah its rng, I have 12 emeralds and 2 diamonds. Rng is cray cray.
Save them for an autonomous activator ASAP. Then point it at a sifter and put either a vacuum hopper or a water stream -> normal hopper on top.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I think this picture of my minimap does a good job of explaining this particular derp. Death #2. Be very careful with Enderquarries in the Nether.

J9JAiaZ.jpg

yea, I reached that point where I had an ender quarry and thought of mining the nether, I was all prepared and was cobbling up to the roof of the nether, then I mined a piece of quartz before realizing it was quartz... suddendly I heard the timebomb going off, I started mining downwards as fast as possible, but it was too late... a few seconds later it rained hellfish, and I died, and died, and died, and died, and died.... so yea, good day overall

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
Process all your metals in the induction smelter and use the resulting rich slag to get 3 ingots per dust for iron. As for redstone, I have found that the only way to get it in abundance is go to the nether for the nether redstone ore, which results in a whopping 24 redstone per ore when pulverized. Dangerous to get, but very worth it. In my latest play through, I had the extreme good fortune of getting 3 stacks of nether redstone in my first reward bag, which was also fairly annoying as you cannot do anything with it until you have TE machines.
I can't afford an induction smelter, I can't even afford a planter, I'm still on the quest to make a Harvester, Planter, Invar Sickle, and Sludge Boiler. I only have a Pulverizer, and I cheated that in because I couldn't stand any more hammering.[DOUBLEPOST=1396869133][/DOUBLEPOST]
you get the nether trees that drop redstone dust when harvested from sieving soul sand. soul sand is gotten by making witch water. just got to sift enough sand for the ancient spores. yeah. that is quite a bit of rng worship, but it keeps you out of the nether for longer. no need to sift dust except for glowstone, and that can wait til you have an automated setup.

Oh, another derp i made yesterday. I did not know you could make a stone barrel, and that one is required for making netherrack. i was so annoyed at maybe having to go to the nether to get that, that I kept postponing doing the thaumcraft stuff. could have gotten flight by now if I had known sooner.
All nether trees? Because I got 15 nether tree saplings in a reward bag.

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
He-he. I already have a pretty well established world, but two from this weekend both thanks to @WayofTime . :(

Derp #1: Start Blood Magic while livestreaming. When everyone suggest I try the altar, I promptly place it down and stab, stab, stab, DIE! /derp

Derp #2: Review how LP works while recording a video. "So you can put LP into the altar by stabbing yourself next to it. **Stab, stab. down to half a heart** Just be careful not to give your last bit of blood and die. Also you can hold the rune thingie and give LP like this " *DIE* ... /derp ... " Opps forgot I already stabbed all my other hearts"

How is it the second I start recording 80% of my brain cells take a siesta?

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I can't afford an induction smelter, I can't even afford a planter, I'm still on the quest to make a Harvester, Planter, Invar Sickle, and Sludge Boiler. I only have a Pulverizer, and I cheated that in because I couldn't stand any more hammering.[DOUBLEPOST=1396869133][/DOUBLEPOST]
All nether trees? Because I got 15 nether tree saplings in a reward bag.

only the upside down tree i think. the other trees doesn't have any products that are really needed for anything important early on. but redstone is quite the pain in the keister to get enough of, so they had mercy on us and gave us the chance to get the trees.
the lumber is pretty much worthless unless you like to use blood red wood as decoration. you can't burn it, the tree is fire proof. :rolleyes:

yeah. I also got that in a bag. but when i did i didn't know i could grow it for redstone. learned that only after having sifted a stack of slowsand and gotten 10 more of those saplings from that.

another piece of interesting trivia. the dolls you can craft in ex nihilo are summoning dolls for specific mobs. craft angry dolls in order to get blazes, then catch it in a safari net and go to town with an MFR autospawner.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
He-he. I already have a pretty well established world, but two from this weekend both thanks to @WayofTime . :(

Derp #1: Start Blood Magic while livestreaming. When everyone suggest I try the altar, I promptly place it down and stab, stab, stab, DIE! /derp

Derp #2: Review how LP works while recording a video. "So you can put LP into the altar by stabbing yourself next to it. **Stab, stab. down to half a heart** Just be careful not to give your last bit of blood and die. Also you can hold the rune thingie and give LP like this " *DIE* ... /derp ... " Opps forgot I already stabbed all my other hearts"

How is it the second I start recording 80% of my brain cells take a siesta?

I also died two times because of blood magic, and both times I tried to not die.
I was using regen potions to quickly regain health, and it'd heal me up pretty fast, so whenever I was at 2 hearts I'd use the knife and get back to 1 heart, but at one point you'll start timing the knife, and you forget your regen potions actually run out... and then incoming death

Reactions: Padfoote and Bevo

Lafrenze

Jul 29, 2019
Only one death so far counts as a derp on my part. I've starved once and fell off once, but after getting started a second time things began to go well. Got a Igneous Extruder, plenty of cobble platforms, decided let's go take a peek in the Nether. No armor, but two cobalt hammers from the reward bags and I thought so long as I was careful, stayed close to the portal I'd be safe. Then an angry zombie pigman races around the corner, smacks me around, follows me through my portal and kills me. I did eventually kill him, then instantly destroyed my portal and I'm not sure I'm going to go back anytime soon. Not without armor and some better weapons.