Age of Engineering Series!

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
A HV solar factory sounds awesome. It would an interesting build to set up and cool to watch considering I never will do IC2.

C

Closet Gamer

A HV solar factory sounds awesome. It would an interesting build to set up and cool to watch considering I never will do IC2.

@Closet Gamer HV solar factory DOES sound pretty good :) More EU is always needed.

Solar Array factory sounds fun, IE Assemblers can help with the final stages of assembly. Very useful for those components which don't stack well.

Agreed! This is gonna be frickin awesome and insanely complex :D

------------------------
*Never be afraid to ask when you do not understand*
------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I remember watching... I think it was ManIkWeet build one using the old Xycraft Fabricators, if anyone's been around long enough to remember those. Took a couple tries because they didn't work in 3D.

Reactions: Closet Gamer

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Episode 35! The Atomic Age - hope everyone is still enjoying the series. Back to a consistent upload schedule now :)

------------------------
------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD
Why is everyone at least decent at building. It hurts my self-esteem. Great job on the buildings.
For the fire diamonds, you should make the Diamond tree, I think? It allows you to save diamonds but uses more blaze rods.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 35! The Atomic Age - hope everyone is still enjoying the series. Back to a consistent upload schedule now :)

------------------------
------------------------

Have you thought of doing a Lets Play with someone? (Ive only watched AoE so I don't know if you do elsewhere). I always find server based lets plays more interesting as you can see a number of different approaches play out.

Reactions: Closet Gamer
C

Closet Gamer

Have you thought of doing a Lets Play with someone? (Ive only watched AoE so I don't know if you do elsewhere). I always find server based lets plays more interesting as you can see a number of different approaches play out.
I've not done anything like that before (my channel is ~2 months old :) ) but that is definitely something I would want to do. I would love a server of ~10 good people who I could "interview" in game on how they have solved some problem or another aswell as one partner to work with. It is also very hard to make a let's play entertaining with just my voice.

Obvious sticking points are
- schedules - time differences
- technology - audio and recording equipment
- maturity of people - most don't understand the level of effort required
- trust - finding good people who love the game and haven't got a griefing bone in their body.

------------------------
------------------------

C

Closet Gamer

Why is everyone at least decent at building. It hurts my self-esteem. Great job on the buildings.
For the fire diamonds, you should make the Diamond tree, I think? It allows you to save diamonds but uses more blaze rods.
Yep, diamond tree is on the list of things to do for sure, cheers for that mate... I'm not sure i'd call it a decent build but it's good enough for me ;)

------------------------
------------------------

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I would definitely suggest the Ftog (Friends through online gaming) discord. They'll want to get to know you first, and see you're the kind of person you want to play with, but they seem good people. And if they grief it's fun between friends and the sort that's easily reversible.

C

Closet Gamer

I would definitely suggest the Ftog (Friends through online gaming) discord. They'll want to get to know you first, and see you're the kind of person you want to play with, but they seem good people. And if they grief it's fun between friends and the sort that's easily reversible.
Cheers man, I'll check it out. I don't mind the odd banana in the tailpipe, just not overloaded nuclear reactors xD

------------------------
------------------------

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Cheers man, I'll check it out. I don't mind the odd banana in the tailpipe, just not overloaded nuclear reactors xD

------------------------
------------------------
Nothing like that. But Grok the Duck Farmer found himself owner of a very large woolen 'chicken/duck'.
I've had the odd prank done to me, which was great fun - two that come to mind are:

When we were playing Agrarian skies together, it was coming up to Christmas, and I'd built a massive Christmas Tree on my platform, with different coloured lamps, wool as tinsel, the works. Some presents appeared under it, made with wool (and looking awesome :D) and when I cracked open one of them, I was met with a literal tide of chickens streaming out. I don't know how they'd got that many chickens into it, and I don't want to know. I was chasing those little cluckers around my base for about half an hour :p

On the Regrowth server, I told my friends that I was going AFK for a minute, and I came back to darkness. Turns out they'd surrounded me with diamond blocks, which I was allowed to keep :p But when one of them accidentally killed my cow with an AcademyCraft passive lightning ability, he was very apologetic and replaced it as soon as he could with two more named ones. I think he called them "Tesla" and "Faraday"...

Reactions: KingTriaxx

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Sorry for the double post:

Easy, geezer - I've just had an idea for something you could work on! Naturally your plans for a Molecular Transformer are good, and you should definitely do that; likewise getting hold of speed and energy upgrades for your calculator stuff is a good plan. But, that's not what I was thinking.

I reckon you should consider setting up your depleted fuel rod reprocessing, and obtaining plutonium (ideally in a way that means you don't have to touch it!). Looking into Advanced Generators, the recipes have been tweaked so you'll need RTG fuel, and a fair bit of it, but I reckon at least looking at precursors will serve you well. Manyullyn turbine blades are one of the best you can get, and a good use for your cobalt and ardite. I'm not sure if any parts of the AG machines are gated behind something in the next age or not, but if not I'd really look at getting started on the multiblock for that - it's gonna be a bloody useful EU source for... basically the forseeable future!

You'll need fuel for it; you could go Forestry biofuel, which isn't too bad to set up but you'll need to go ham on your tree farm (EnderIO farming station may be your friend there); or empowered canola (again, not a terrible thing to set up). I don't know if IE biodiesel works, but if it does that could be a great one to go into too - you'll possibly need extra squeezers, fermenters and refineries, but it could be worth the investment.

Cheers!