About GregTech Machines Blowing Up In The Rain

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Not really - if you stand still, you don't lose hunger, so people sometimes stand and use themselves as free Chunkloaders, even when not playing, or to level up at endenic bees.
By making you lose hunger, this is prevented, as one would starve to death.
its quite easy to make edenic bees xp farm with extrabees machines, so i dont see this to be any issue.
i personally view this as Greg attempt to break improve the core gameplay of GT - sitting yer ass wating for dat stupid machine to finish

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
The harder and more annoying he makes it, the better it feels when you complete it :D

Well, as someone whose favourite machine in the game is the industrial grinder, and someone who has made both the old and the new type fusion reactors, having to jump through greghoops to needlessly make ingots into plates and be made to craft things really slowly through the assembling machine does not make me feel better, at all. It only adds tedium :)

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
Well, as someone whose favourite machine in the game is the industrial grinder, and someone who has made both the old and the new type fusion reactors, having to jump through greghoops to needlessly make ingots into plates and be made to craft things really slowly through the assembling machine does not make me feel better, at all. It only adds tedium :)

Yeah, I agree.. I play Mindcrack because it has Gregtech and I enjoy a challenge, but adding the plate bending machine and circuit assembler really annoys me. Those machines are just unnecessarily tedious to me. And you can't even turn those off with a config option.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I agree.. I play Mindcrack because it has Gregtech and I enjoy a challenge, but adding the plate bending machine and circuit assembler really annoys me. Those machines are just unnecessarily tedious to me. And you can't even turn those off with a config option.
Don't those two actually save the player materials? As far as I remember, at least the plate bending machine gives you more stuffz for the initial ingot cost

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
The plate bending machine does.

The assembler saves mats on things that have other options, such as itnt, but does add waiting time to expensive circuitry.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
The assembler saves mats on things that have other options, such as itnt, but does add waiting time to expensive circuitry.
not only that.
to craft steel gear you need stone gear and 4 steel ingots on crafting table.
or you can use assembler to combine stone gear and 4 steel ingots + some EU and 80 seconds to get steel gear.
pretty awesome, eh?

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Plates are cool, you can put them on stuff.

And the assembler is mostly optional. I think it's meant for chunkoaded factory stuff. The speed is insanely stupid though. If there was something to watch as it did it's stuff, I would like it better.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Not really - if you stand still, you don't lose hunger, so people sometimes stand and use themselves as free Chunkloaders, even when not playing, or to level up at endenic bees.

Quite a unique way of doing so, I think.
But it can definitely be annoying, yes.

What about things that require a player being there to work, not just a chunk loader (player detector)?

WaterTipper

Jul 29, 2019
why do i have disturbing feeling, that you`ve missed "yet"?..
Creating an item instantly in a 3x3 square is way too OP; you'll now need a stack of Ionized UU-Iridium and a thermonuclear fusion reactor to make your wooden pickaxe.
Typical GregTech.

I don't mind the plate bending machine (only takes a couple of seconds), but I definitely don't like the Assembling Machine.
You can craft a Machine Block with 8 refined iron in a workbench, or you can craft it with extra 20 seconds and 3200 EU in an Assembling Machine :/

Reactions: Dravarden

netchip

Jul 29, 2019
I think GregTech is pretty cool when you're mid-game/end-game. It's huge fun to collect all the materials needed, on the most creative ways. Soul shards mod and BuildCraft/Thermal Expansion are really needed. Forestry and Extra Bees help a lot, as well. They really speed up the game.

Also, chunk loaders are must. AE is needed to program your recipes, because making GregTech recipes is tedious.

I usually play Direwolf20, but sometimes I think it's boring, because there is no real challenge. Of course, it's cool to get a stack of HV solars, but that's more time consuming than really hard to get.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think Gregtech is meant to be good. It's more of a dare to show off to your friends. Like, "Hey everyone, I just ate fried sheep intestine!" or, "Hey everyone, I'm playing with Gregtech!"

Ah I didnt notice your Fk ya'll idiots Ima back msg, now how did I miss that ?.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019

Quite a unique way of doing so, I think.
But it can definitely be annoying, yes.
TiCo heart containers don't vanish from starvation for some reason, also, spring water.

There goes that idea...

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not against machines blowing up in the rain, actually i think it's a kind of neat addition. However:
1. One should be able to waterproof them by crafting them with 8 rubber around them.
2. They should only blow up in actual rain. Not when you're in a middle of a desert.

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
Plates are cool, you can put them on stuff.

And the assembler is mostly optional. I think it's meant for chunkoaded factory stuff. The speed is insanely stupid though. If there was something to watch as it did it's stuff, I would like it better.

It's only optional if you stick to the basic recipe that returns 1 circuit. But the old recipes to make multiple components out of electrum are gone because of it (which is the part that I find most irritating).

Reactions: Poppycocks

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Also guess what Greg did?

You know the way there was a giant thread about some guy who couldn't use NEI properly and was complaining that he needed plates to make a plate bending machine, and needed a plate bending machine to make plates? However one could alternatively use ingots?

Well, now, Greg is implementing a manual, inefficient way to make plates using a hammer, at 2 ingots = 1 plate, and disabling the alternate ingot recipes for the Various things that could use ingots instead of plates.

Just thought I'd through that into the mix and see how over-hyped y'all get.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019

You know the way there was a giant thread about some guy who couldn't use NEI properly and was complaining that he needed plates to make a plate bending machine, and needed a plate bending machine to make plates? However one could alternatively use ingots?

Well, now, Greg is implementing a manual, inefficient way to make plates using a hammer, at 2 ingots = 1 plate, and disabling the alternate ingot recipes for the Various things that could use ingots instead of plates.

D: that's brutal.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019

Meh. And that thread was dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.