About GregTech Machines Blowing Up In The Rain

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
The rain thing is fine.
One doesn't need a roof, simply place a single block above the machine in question to stop it getting wet.

And I dunno, I have a bunch of stuff, bu currently live in a 32x32 wall less, roofless quartz slab in a field (literally the biome), overlooking a BoP Fungi Forest.
And with 1 block, I circumvent all this trouble..

I actually have loose lava in my base, unprotected for my heat gens, so don't take me as an example.
My stuff is scattered unorganisedly throughout an array of double chests, and I have a tree farm set up for 9 species of tree (Vanilla 4, Natura for the rest) and simply shove all the produce from this into some DSUs, and this had actually served as a good test on what trees are "good" to farm.

My conclusions : Sakura is the best tree bloody going, tons of saplings, tons of logs.
Ghost wood is the second best.
Jungle (vanilla) is also amazing, but be prepared to deal with a lot of vines.

They're the "top three".
Everything else is kinda, meh.

Reactions: RedBoss

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Every time I see people building GregTech stuff outside I die a little inside. Blast furnaces do not belong in fields, they do NOT!

This makes me OCD rage almost as much as those people who won't make armor because it's too expensive, and then die all the time and lose all their stuff thus keeping themselves poor and continuing the cycle of poverty.

Usually it is the same people.

Claudia

Jul 29, 2019
If you put a cover ontop of your machines, they will no longer blow up in the rain.

A singe ingot bent in a plate bender counts as a cover, and looks like a face of its corresponding storage block.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
you`ll be surprised if you google "blast furnace" pictures...

does anyone know if GT machinery blows up when struck by lightning caused by bees?

Does a "Field" Biome count?

And yes, they will explode if hit by bee lightning. Flux lightning is more dangerous if your beside them, as it seeks out living entities, and ignores walls etc.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
The harder and more annoying he makes it, the better it feels when you complete it :D

No actually not. I will agree some level of progression and difficultly is nice. But sometimes it goes over that line between reasonable challenge and into the realm of all of my what.

It like pushing a rock up a hill. Sure sometimes you get the top and your all felling like a bad ass. Then he makes the hill higher and stepper and adds land mines... And then I'm like Whelp hey there TE and MFR lets go do stuff.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Really, if this bothers you that much, or you just have to live in the open with no building or roof build in a desert or wasteland!!!!

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
####################
# machines
####################

machines {
B:constant_need_of_energy=false
B:explosions_on_nonwrenching=false
B:fire_causes_explosions=false
B:lightning_causes_explosions=false
B:machines_flammable=false
B:rain_causes_explosions=false
B:wirefire_on_explosion=false

Nerfing the nerfs, or if you like he balances other peoples mods I'll damn well balance his as I see fit.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
What about the setting that makes you lose hunger at an annoyingly fast rate when idling? I'm kinda surprised that I haven't seen anyone talk about it in this forum.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
yup, clearly electricity doesn't work outdoors, unless it weighs the same as a duck.

Power-station.jpg

But how.....?

Its in a desert biome!

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
That's fucking stupid.

Not really - if you stand still, you don't lose hunger, so people sometimes stand and use themselves as free Chunkloaders, even when not playing, or to level up at endenic bees.
By making you lose hunger, this is prevented, as one would starve to death.

Quite a unique way of doing so, I think.
But it can definitely be annoying, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.