About GregTech Machines Blowing Up In The Rain

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Macerator wasn't GT (And in the most recent GT the vanilla IC2 machine is gone totally, replaced with the automatic macerator), Quarry is, Drill is, all the 'free' generators bar solars aren't.

But, since the last RR update when Greg disabled all non-plate recipes, changed a bunch of recipes to require plates (machine block requires 8 refined iron plates for example), I've come to enjoy the fact that my GT infrastructure is already well established...
so that how it is. a bit disturbing...

Reactions: giesergast

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Macerator wasn't GT (And in the most recent GT the vanilla IC2 machine is gone totally, replaced with the automatic macerator), Quarry is, Drill is, all the 'free' generators bar solars aren't.

The macerator is a bit odd (although, the automacerator is no more expensive - or useful) all the rest you're complaining about here have configs. Configs that Dave has chosen to config that way - expensive solars, expensive quarry, expensive tools. Nobody said GT in RR would be totally easymode.

But, since the last RR update when Greg disabled all non-plate recipes

This however is just plain wrong. Even the auto-macerator doesn't require plates.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
The macerator is a bit odd (although, the automacerator is no more expensive - or useful) all the rest you're complaining about here have configs. Configs that Dave has chosen to config that way - expensive solars, expensive quarry, expensive tools. Nobody said GT in RR would be totally easymode.

I wasn't complaining in the slightest. Someone asked what the state of GregTech was in RR, I stated the parts of it I was aware of.

This however is just plain wrong. Even the auto-macerator doesn't require plates.

Incorrect. The machine block requires plates to make. Circuits require plates or force ingots to make.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
The machine block is made with 8 refined iron plages, around a wrench.
It can alternatively be made in the assembling machine.

Or at least, that's what it can be set to.
It may be disabled, I made a bunch of GT machines (actually just a plate bender) before the change, so I'm fine.
Haven't tried making machines since though.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
But, since the last RR update when Greg disabled all non-plate recipes, changed a bunch of recipes to require plates (machine block requires 8 refined iron plates for example), I've come to enjoy the fact that my GT infrastructure is already well established...
Same... though in a way it's a bit like saying "It's convenient that we were already bent over."

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
there is a hammer you have to make to make the plates you need for the machine frames. its 1 stick and 6 refined iron. has like 10 uses and basically creates 1 machine frame lol That is on top of needing a wrench just to make it! its terrible... You basically want to build a plate bending machine first.. That is of the ic2 stuff. I always start a pulverizer and whatnot..

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
there is a hammer you have to make to make the plates you need for the machine frames. its 1 stick and 6 refined iron. has like 10 uses and basically creates 1 machine frame lol That is on top of needing a wrench just to make it! its terrible... You basically want to build a plate bending machine first.. That is of the ic2 stuff. I always start a pulverizer and whatnot..

I don't see how it's such a hardship. Okay it's slow to start but once you're past it, you're past it. It's like making your wooden pick to get your first stone to make a stone pick to get your first iron.

Reactions: casilleroatr

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, that's obviously except able.

But you see.
This is different.
Greg made a change.

So everybody who disagrees with the change cries.

*less judgementally

The reason so many people dislike GTs changes and are fine with other mods having similar things (compare Liquid Transposer to Plate Bending machine etc) or RP2s alloy furnace,
Which gets used like 4 times to make a blulectric alloy furnace and a solar panel.

It's fine if mods have these steps when they're edeaigned, people accept the mods for what they are.

But change?
Change is something that has never gone down easy in History.
And Greg is changing IC2.

People don't like change.
However people also want new things - IC2 didn't change for a while, and then all of a sudden "it's dead".

There's a fine line between adding new things and changing existing.
And people are always egging you to push closer and closer to that line.
But once that line is crossed, those very people who egged you on suddenly hate you for change.

*ends diplomatic talk.

Reactions: xbony2 and Runo

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
I think what annoys me about the hammer and wrench is that you are using 6 refined iron to make 10 plates. Thats a terrible ratio. Its not even close to other mods. Yes its an easy hurdle to get past but its out of balance of other mods. Its like he is trying to drive people to start with TE instead of ic2. Not thats really a bad thing but still path of least resistance... Well at least you can disable it in the configs. If I didnt my friends on my server would revolt. They are old ic2 fans and hate change...

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
That's the reason you always wear the same shirt.

Changing clothes scares you.
I thought you just liked green...

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019

Your avatar's shirt is green.

You also have that one shirt "I see the screw up fairy has visited you", that you wear whilst fishes, to taunt the fish as they lie lifeless at your feet.

Change is unknown.
People are scared of tha unknown.[DOUBLEPOST=1372986882][/DOUBLEPOST]Excedra"The only problem with change is when I made the original thing and someone changes it without telling me."

Ironically they're talking about change in no-topic also.

Apparently Whizz changed some TS IP or something.

Reactions: fergcraft

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
And the fancy word for that based on the first paragraph of that article is indeed homonyms.

Status
Not open for further replies.