About GregTech Machines Blowing Up In The Rain

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
And the fancy word for that based on the first paragraph of that article is indeed homonyms.
Okay I see the line "A word that is spelled and pronounced like another but has a different meaning " in there. Yeah that does cover it after all.

Claudia

Jul 29, 2019
I seriously recommend against powering GT machines via the pneumatic upgrade.

It uses a bloody 1:1 eu-mj ratio, compared to the standard 2.5:1

Use energy cubes and either universal cable or IC2
Cable directly instead, and put the MJs into the cube.

Speaking if, what's the losses on Universal Cable?
Is it lossless?

Greg discourages MJ, hence the 1:1 conversion ratio.

Steam upgrades are lossless, 2mB per 1EU, and quite fun to work with having never bothered with a steam boiler before.

I'm powering an I. Grinder, I. Blast Furnace, and I. Sawmill all with one Tesseract Terminal linked to one steam boiler. The Tesseract Generator on my boiler also has a steam upgrade on it. I've not produced a single packet of EU in this world yet. My automatic machines are all powered through a single line of liquiduct connected to a TE Liquid Tesseract.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
There's always the plate rolling machine, you can use that if you enable the steel recipes in gt. Not sure if you can have both ref. iron and steel recipe, but that would be a good solution.

Mostly because you can get a lot of steel from just exploring.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
You can get a bunch of steel by melting down junk in dartcraft lootbags but it is a rather inefficient way of getting anything. Except an overabundance of GT manuals :p

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
You can get a bunch of steel by melting down junk in dartcraft lootbags but it is a rather inefficient way of getting anything. Except an overabundance of GT manuals :p
Well, if it gets you a plate bender. *shrug*

"Boo, we want bender, bender is great!"
How did he dare defile such a great quote...

netchip

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone on the server want 8 slightly used mj-using industrial electrolysers?
Which server? :) I could be interested in playing RR, because new things are cool to try out.

But take in mind I won't play much as; I have an own server; I play on friends' server and I want to play on the RR one.

w00tc0d3

GeorgeP

Jul 29, 2019
So, you probably all know how GT machines blow up in the rain. Well... He was talking to Greg and made a joke about how his machines should blow up in the rain, Greg took it seriously...

~Removed advertising

You didn't know that machines that run off of some sort of electricity would you get messed up by the rain?

It is weird for mc. But I love GregTech:D

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
You didn't know that machines that run off of some sort of electricity would you get messed up by the rain?
it might be messed up by rain, due to poor design, but its not likely for it to blow up. also slapping a plate on top of machine doesnt make it rainproof...

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Off topic, but whats your signature mean? lol
you either havent seen new gt fusion reactor control computer(or whatever its called) or love gt way too much to accept that its ui is the most hideous thing in modded mc.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even know what this does:
2013-07-12_14.09.58.png

Halp?

Status
Not open for further replies.