A Rotarycraft Thread (Meanders a little)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
A bump!

Can someone, please post some good rotarycraft setups they have? I'm searching for some inspiration to make cool RC stuff in my own world :)
Here's a link to my Canola farm setup with info on how to setup things and power requirements. Since the Magneostatic engines changed in the newest update, the grinder setup won't be quite as fast, but should still work fine. It was almost too fast before. The fluiducts could only keep up with one grinder running canola seeds anyways. The setup is about 90% RC. I did use a ME transition plane to collect seeds instead of a RC item vacum, as well as ME import/export buses to link to my ME network.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Can't say I disagree, but something in game would help in the building that much I'll say, both to new builders of it and old (I know I would appreciate it). Have you considered it though? Maybe something like with how the fusion reactor in Gregtech shows its blueprint, or some projector slides to put in the Rotarycraft projector?
That is something that would belong on a dedicated wiki article.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a link to my Canola farm setup with info on how to setup things and power requirements. Since the Magneostatic engines changed in the newest update, the grinder setup won't be quite as fast, but should still work fine. It was almost too fast before. The fluiducts could only keep up with one grinder running canola seeds anyways. The setup is about 90% RC. I did use a ME transition plane to collect seeds instead of a RC item vacum, as well as ME import/export buses to link to my ME network.
Did you... forget the link? :)

Padwan

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated my Monster pack and have to say i'm a bit annoyed by the new exploding gearboxes feature. To do anything useful with a hydrokinetic engine now i have to interface it with a 4:1 diamond gearbox because not even steel can take the torque. But a 4:1 diamond gearbox needs 11(!) diamonds to make. Is this intentional ?

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated my Monster pack and have to say i'm a bit annoyed by the new exploding gearboxes feature. To do anything useful with a hydrokinetic engine now i have to interface it with a 4:1 diamond gearbox because not even steel can take the torque. But a 4:1 diamond gearbox needs 11(!) diamonds to make. Is this intentional ?
Bedrock gearbox, then. Also, bedrock pickaxe your diamonds for the ore and extractor them.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Ummm...Jet engines? And a lot of them?
How would I hook them up? I watched Reika's Rotarycraft insanity video and he had his extractors going instantaneously. Then on another video, I found his comment that a supply of 1,024,000 rad/s and 512nm torque would make each stage instant. Now I can't figure out how to connect it all together.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
How would I hook them up? I watched Reika's Rotarycraft insanity video and he had his extractors going instantaneously. Then on another video, I found his comment that a supply of 1,024,000 rad/s and 512nm torque would make each stage instant. Now I can't figure out how to connect it all together.
One on each side perhaps or a couple combined by junctions going into one side with bedrock shafts ;).

PS: 2 jet engines on mine made it go pretty fast so maybe 5 or 6 would be instant

Edit: only bottom right so yeah maybe 5 or 6 connected with bedrock junctions bevel gear to bottom

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
One on each side perhaps or a couple combined by junctions going into one side with bedrock shafts ;).

PS: 2 jet engines on mine made it go pretty fast so maybe 5 or 6 would be instant

Edit: only bottom right so yeah maybe 5 or 6 connected with bedrock junctions bevel gear to bottom
So I would have to connect 2 engines to a shaft junction, then connect that junction with another one, and add another engine, and so on. Would that even work?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
You would have to have a line of engines feeding shaft junctions to combine their power. You also need clutches between them and the shaft junctions since they break when engines have different speeds. It is a good idea to do this with all engines because when you turn them on and off, they don't match speed. Let them get to full speed and than engage the clutches. You would have to use bedrock shafts I'd think. If my math is right, it would take 8 jet engines to run one extractor at the 1024000 rad/s and 512 nm. You would feed all the power through a 16:1 gearbox set to speed.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
How did you have it setup in your world with 8 extractors?
I was wondering that myself cus they were going pretty fast. I know he has a reactor, but wasn't sure how the power is getting there. I'd like to poke around under his machine room to see how it all works.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Could you elaborate? Possibly add a picture if your feeling nice? :)
See that in the top-right?
Screen_Shot_2014-02-19_at_12.02.25_PM.png

Reactions: Not_Steve