A Rotarycraft Thread (Meanders a little)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
At that point its much better to use a better engine if combining using gearboxes confuses you.
If using gearboxes confuses you, I really recommend taking a step back, because,
Gearboxes are one of the most important things to understand the usage of in Rotarycraft.

People have tried to say "I'll just try and not look at the numbers". They fail miserably.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Aye. EyeDeck nails it, it's hard to think of a scenario where you'd even want to; the joined output will only be as strong as it's weakest link.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
If using gearboxes confuses you, I really recommend taking a step back, because,

People have tried to say "I'll just try and not look at the numbers". They fail miserably.

You'd think a single number produced by two other numbers would be comprehensible -_-

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
I've honestly thought like, if I did a lp, I'd put up the silly triangle they use to teach finding voltage | amperage | resistance to get "HOW DEW POWR WERK" into peoples heads visually.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Tell that to the guy who asked me "how 2 [sic] tern [sic] fore [sic] in2 [sic] ate [sic]".
I'm sure the numbers he was working with were completely comprehensible but by the looks of it, his own mother couldn't comprehend what he was asking.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure the numbers he was working with were completely comprehensible but by the looks of it, his own mother couldn't comprehend what he was asking.
Yea, I'm still staring at it trying to figure it out myself. How to rotate blocks maybe? I r confusled.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, I'm still staring at it trying to figure it out myself. How to rotate blocks maybe? I r confusled.
I gave up once I saw all those [sic] in there. One or two, sure, I'm game. Every second word is one? Oh hell no.

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Meh ... why use gearboxes, when with CVTs you don't need to worry about power limits, also there is no need to constantly feed lubricant and they are fully customizable.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Because they don't take a crapton of leather or require diamond, and they're easily made quickly and cheaply for testing purposes with materials found anywhere? o_O

Reactions: gallowglass

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
Then apologies, I misunderstood the direction of the 'quote'.
Meh ... why use gearboxes, when with CVTs you don't need to worry about power limits, also there is no need to constantly feed lubricant and they are fully customizable.
Cost/abundance of other materials, besides what will you do with all your excess gears? might as well be efficient and use it all.

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Still diamond shafts on 18D... don't tell me that you're going to nerf it just because some stated that they prefer cvts...

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Still diamond shafts on 18D... don't tell me that you're going to nerf it just because some stated that they prefer cvts...
I have been planning to nerf it for a long time, but was not sure how. It is getting nerfed because everyone uses CVTs to the point where, if they see someone using a gearbox, tell them "use a CVT, it is easier!".