A Rotarycraft Thread (Meanders a little)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Well bedrock isn't that hard to get...just tedious but oh well...
Yea that's kind of my thinking. I get the nerf, I agree with it actually, I'm just worried that in the fight to fight people just barfing resources at problems to bypass stuff that content starts getting grind-gated :T

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
A quick tip.
Be careful with lava+steam-powered fan farms. Fan can spread out fire and it does that VERY WELL.
2014-03-16_22.48.40.png

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It is supposed to force the CVT later-game.
Good decision. I just started tinkering with CVTs as I get my reactorcraft project moving along (slowly but surely btw). I couldn't think of a lot of good reasons to use diamond gears instead of CVTs, particularly if I'm overflowing with leather.

PS: I also hate mining bedrock. Do borers or sonic borers go through it or is the bedrock breaker my only bet?

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, Reika I still suggest planes :)
Not even a jet, just a small turboprop plane like De Havilland DHC-2 Beaver Mk. III so it will eat jet fuel.
mnr_e002694.jpg

Though I bet that's too much for RotaryCraft... *sad pony*

Is there're any good mod with planes that can be added to Monster?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Good decision. I just started tinkering with CVTs as I get my reactorcraft project moving along (slowly but surely btw). I couldn't think of a lot of good reasons to use diamond gears instead of CVTs, particularly if I'm overflowing with leather.

PS: I also hate mining bedrock. Do borers or sonic borers go through it or is the bedrock breaker my only bet?
Borers can only cut through bedrock when it is surrounding a TF labyrinth and is given insane torque and power.

BTW, Reika I still suggest planes :)
Not even a jet, just a small turboprop plane like De Havilland DHC-2 Beaver Mk. III so it will eat jet fuel.

Though I bet that's too much for RotaryCraft... *sad pony*

Is there're any good mod with planes that can be added to Monster?
I am writing one.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
VTOLs are boring in minecraft. Every jetpack or flying superarmor is basically a VTOL. And no planes, because they're kinda redundant when you have such suits and armors.

Reactions: Pyure

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
For packs not wanting powersuits and the like, planes are a good alternative as long as collision detection is working well enough that your plane isn't going to be very maneuverable indoors.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
Reika could you keep changelogs for at least 1 major version back instead of replacing entirely? I'm trying to troubleshoot in an FTB Monster server and I'm not sure if you already fixed it in a prior version or not. Server is running latest Monster with v18b, player says he keeps getting DC'd when near working Rotarycraft machines, no crash logs or anything just socket exception error. Not sure if its related to Rotarycraft, his internet or Java version mismatch.

Truga

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to throttle the gas turbine with the ECU. Is this intended, or did I do something wrong during installation?

I say that, because I updated to 19b today, before making the turbine.

Bl@ckHole

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently trying to automate the aim of a tnt cannon using computercraft, using the coordinates of the target but I can't seem to get it right. I first assumed the trajectory would follow standard ballistic equation with no air resistance but experiments showed the shot range was always inferior to the one I calculated except on short range so I assumed it was due to you taking into account air resistance in the calculation of the trajectory but now it would require a tedious series of tests to calculate the coefficients you use to compute it, so I was wondering if you would be kind enough to give me the trajectory equation that is implemented in the mod.

Aarkreinsil

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason I can't break my bedrock gearboxes anymore after the update. Weird that I can't find a change like that in any changelog or forum.
Guess I'll have to go back to my annoyingly huge bedrock breaker setup xD

One coil hooked up to a 1:1 shaft junction split, feeding energy into two 1:8 steel gears, which in turn feed directly into another junction and then the breaker to not have the steel gearboxes explode from too much torque.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason I can't break my bedrock gearboxes anymore after the update. Weird that I can't find a change like that in any changelog or forum.
Guess I'll have to go back to my annoyingly huge bedrock breaker setup xD

One coil hooked up to a 1:1 shaft junction split, feeding energy into two 1:8 steel gears, which in turn feed directly into another junction and then the breaker to not have the steel gearboxes explode from too much torque.
What are you using to break the gearboxes? Nobody else seems to have the problem.

Aarkreinsil

Jul 29, 2019
What are you using to break the gearboxes? Nobody else seems to have the problem.

I'm using steel and sapphire/ruby/peridotite picks currently. They can pick up any other kind of gearbox, too, but not bedrock ones.
Now that you mentioned it, interestingly enough a Tinker's Construct steel pickaxe IS indeed able to break bedrock gearboxes, but ordinary ones don't work.

Edit:
HSLA pickaxes seem to work, too. Alright then, was just confused because it all worked before the update, and all other gearbox types are still harvestable with ordinary old picks.