[64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
So I played FTB Ultimate (MC 1.4.7), then paused for some time. Now i can see there are new mods, and this great texture pack wont work with Unhinged. Is it just me installing it wrong, or texture pack not updated yet?
Sorry, if was asked/answered already.

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
by reading the opening post i assume that there is no 1.5 version of the texturepack?
is there any infortmation like when it is supposed to be released? or is it not even close to be released? i enjoyed using the pack in 1.4.7 and now that i updated to the new direwolf pack for 1.5 i would love to keep on using it (especially because the other TPs for the direwolf pack dont really look nice, i am very picky with texture packs)

*edit*
even though the new mods like MineFactoryReloaded, Natura, Tinkers Construct or Modular Powersuits are not included ... is the pack kinda compatible with minecraft 1.5? like restone blocks, vanilla hoppers and stuff?

ScrooLoose

Jul 29, 2019
its not compatible as far as i know, from my understanding, the way texture packs work has changed between 1.4.7 and 1.5.2.

e.g. 1.4.7 textures are in a single file. (Meaning things like redstone,switches ect are on one thing)
1.5.2 all textures are now seperate and a little more spread out.

I think thats how it works now (I could be wrong). Some1 with more experiance could confirm/deny what i have wrote. thats just my experiance from poking around inside
the minecraft folders.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
@All asking about the update:
1.4.7 had sheets of textures that were all loaded into memory whole. 1.5 changed things up, and we had to split hundreds of sprite sheets into many many thousands of individual textures. Now we have most things split and converted, and when the game starts, all these individual textures are stitched together into giant sprite sheets. This means we'll automatically have support for new versions of existing mods, because new textures won't be added to existing sprite sheets. Unfortunately, this took the majority of our time while mods added new content, so we're quite a bit behind. On top of that, I took a break on mods and overhauled vanilla for Minecraft 1.6.

I could release our sum of work on 1.5 now, but I've opted to wait while Drelge, Ventenah, Rashed, Justin_a and others improve our support for BoP, TiC, Dartcraft and Natura. Any and all help would be welcome! When we update, I'll rework the OP too.

For those of you still reading, the mod patcher has all our work for 1.5. Use it now for a pack that supports Unleashed or Unhinged. All I do for a full "release" is use the mod patcher on Soartex.

zartine

Jul 29, 2019
I see in the first post that its working for Direwolf's pack but when I use it not everything has changed, am I doin something wrong or it is still not 100%

spicytunacakes

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this question was already answered, but on FTB Lite im missing a ton of forestry textures, and the slabs are the only woods that look correct, the rest are some weird green

aeredor

Jul 29, 2019
With OptiFine, this is what my marble wall looks like. It's flat. You can hardly see where the torches are, because all of the wall has the same brightness.
rtjnyc.jpg

When I disable OptiFine and load everything else identically, this is what that same wall looks like. There's depth and character to it because of the broader range of brightness in the lighting.
2vdi4rb.jpg

I think this is a "lightmap" problem with this texture pack and not a problem with OptiFine, from what I've read on this forum and OptiFine's forum. But what do I do to fix it? I'm not very mod-savvy or texturepack-savvy, so give me dumb-person instructions. :confused:

Thanks for reading!
~Aeredor

Update: I went back and tried something. I edited the texture pack's .ZIP file by renaming lightmap0.png to lightmap0.nothing. Previously, I had done so in minecraft.jar instead. It now works. It looks like the lower picture except the frame rate kicks butt. Thanks!

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
We've finally finished up the release of Soartex for FTB Unleashed, Unhinged and Direwolf20! The universal pack can be found here:
http://files.soartex.net/main/Soartex_FTB.zip

Please test it lots, and report any and all bugs you find.
New launcher graphic!
soartex-launcher.png

@Aeredor: I remade the lightmap for 1.6.2 Soartex. The 1.5.2 pack above has a number of backported features from it, including the remade lightmap. ;) New skies, vanilla compatible font, lava, water, fire animations, yadda yadda yadda...

Reactions: GoldBattle

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Looks awesome, thanks so much for returning minecraft to how it should look! Just a quickie, I have an issue with the industrial centrifuge. When idle its in your new texture, as soon as it runs it reverts to the old texture. (pic to follow).

What have I done wrong?

Reactions: Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
That's my fault wildc4rd! In the initial release, there are bugs like this as we iron things out. Thanks for letting me know so I could fix it.

I updated the pack with the following changes:
-PluginsforForestry textures added/path fix
-Gregtech centrifuge animations added
-Skycolor tweak
-Better Skies major bug fix

Same link:

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Is this included in the FTB Launcher for Unleashed now, or will we have to manually add?

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
That's my fault wildc4rd! In the initial release, there are bugs like this as we iron things out. Thanks for letting me know so I could fix it.

I updated the pack with the following changes:
-PluginsforForestry textures added/path fix
-Gregtech centrifuge animations added
-Skycolor tweak
-Better Skies major bug fix

Same link:
That was quick, dropping the new pack in now, thanks!

EDIT: Yep, resolved.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Updated again to include textures for all the disabled mods.
-Added Biomes O Plenty
-Added Underground Biomes
-Added Power Converters
-Added Nether Ores
-backported the new jungle leaves
-backported the armor HUD icons

I'm noticing several mods including Plugins for Forestry are grabbing the wrong textures for item overlays and underlays, my hand becomes partially see through, random textures will get used in random places and chopped up randomly over multiple slots and CTM crashes with IC2. I, unfortunately, can't fix any of these. If you happen to reproduce the problem, then narrow it down and identify who to submit what kind of error report to, you would be my hero.

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if these are errors but here are some images of weird things i found so far.

-By what i can tell, all Machine Muse's Power suit mod item icons are messed up, as you can see on the whole row above the pneumatic servo.

-Some of thaumcraft textures are being ignore and still using default ones or maybe they weren't updated yet, not sure.

-Extra tress "Woodworker" patterned wood still use the old textures, altho by what i can see on the zip, you added some new ones?

-Some of the extra bees machines still are using old textures.

-The arborist chest is still using the old textures.

-Most of the Advanced Solars icons are messed up.

There is a error on the beealizer text, as you can see on the "Pollination: GUI Maximum", not sure if texture related tho.

Hope this images help at least a bit on tracking down errors and fixing then.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if these are errors but here are some images of weird things i found so far.

-By what i can tell, all Machine Muse's Power suit mod item icons are messed up, as you can see on the whole row above the pneumatic servo.
I've been tracking down information about this bug. Do you have Optifine installed?
-Some of thaumcraft textures are being ignore and still using default ones or maybe they weren't updated yet, not sure.
Not yet updated. :(
-Extra tress "Woodworker" patterned wood still use the old textures, altho by what i can see on the zip, you added some new ones?
There are about 450 textures to go through... It's going to take some time for those to be completed. I'm not going to be working on them anytime soon.
-Some of the extra bees machines still are using old textures.
I forgot to texture it! Silly me.

-The arborist chest is still using the old textures.
You're right, that needs a texture.
-Most of the Advanced Solars icons are messed up.
This is the same error as your first one, it's popping up everywhere in random places.
There is a error on the beealizer text, as you can see on the "Pollination: GUI Maximum", not sure if texture related tho.

Hope this images help at least a bit on tracking down errors and fixing then.
Not texture related.
Texture bug i found, these pipes should be filled with lava
if image isnt showing here is the link http://imgur.com/5qPUvA5
5qPUvA5
Not texture related, sorry.

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Nope i were not using Optfine. Also i'm pretty sure it isn't really like 450 textures and more like a small set of "masks" that use the wood colors over different layers.

By the way another bug that i found is that i can't use my old custom skins anymore.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Scratch that, looks like it fixed itself after I restarted. Might have been a problem with switching texture packs in-game. Still got the squeezer texture mismatch however, and the bonemeal has default texture.
Not sure if this is a problem with the texture pack or the mods, but the iron tanks have some problems displaying what's inside. Here in the first picture, you can see lava in the liquiduct just fine, but uses an incorrect texture when representing the lava inside.

44Ozy.jpg

And in the second, there's liquid force. Probably hasn't been textured yet, but normally texture packs just use a default texture instead of doing this.

44ONR.jpg

Oh, also looks like bonemeal is using the default texture. Pretty sure that one's been textured by now.

EDIT: Squeezer front texture shows a low amount of liquid on the bottom, but the side texture shows it on the top. Looks like a mismatch.

44Ppm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.