[64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Souseiseki

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everybody :)

I've started playing with FTB two weeks ago - installed everything with the launcher (FTB Unleashed 1.13, Minecraft Version 1.5.2, Soartex Unleashed Pack. Only thing we changed manually on our Server and the Clients was updating DartCraft from version 0.1.18 to 0.1.20 to avoid the Force Stick recipe conflict) and I've experienced a strange texture error with the two flowers added by Thaumcraft:
2013-09-27_16.03.02.png

(Sorry for posting the full image, I have no clue how to add spoilers :/ )

As you can see, both flowers are displayed properly in the quickbar, and you can also see the flowers when running around in the world, as long as you don't look directly at them - as soon as you do this, the "missing texture" pops up, as you can see above (also note the weird NEI Tooltip at the top of the picture)

Did I install something in a wrong way or is this a know bug? We're all playing with the same setup on our server and this has happened for all three of us by now.

P.S.: I also noted that some items from various mods in the pack use a "Vanilla" like, pixelated texture, that doesn't really fit into the pack. Are those Items still Work in Progress or is this also an error on my end?

Reactions: GoldBattle

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Turn off NEI tooltips and the issue goes away. It's not a texture pack issue. It's a bug in Thaumcraft that has been there for a while.

Reactions: GoldBattle

craftworks

Jul 29, 2019
Soartex make my minecraft freeze for a second every 10 sec. When i use an other mod pack (or even the default one) that bug disappear.
My computer can definitly handle the HD pack .
Tryed optifine , didn't fix it. tryed without optifine, stiff the same.

Jess1801

Jul 29, 2019
Soartex is an amazing texture pack. I use it for the FTB - Unleashed mod pack with Biomes o'Plenty enabled and it makes everything look 100x better! I strongly recommend you try it; you will not regret it :)

Mullins

Jul 29, 2019
Been using this pack for a while now, just wanted to say thanks. ;)

Btw, is there a possibility to have a x32 version released? I don't mind lower resolution textures, the performance increase is worth it. :)

badwolf3500

Jul 29, 2019
So can someone help me out here I love the Soartex pack it's really come to the point that I can't play Minecraft without it. But I'm trying to get the texture pack for Direwolf20 1.5 v2 and everytime that I try to download install it gets me a error saying "Error: Texture Pack not found for selected mod pack's version" when it says in the Soartex description that it is available. So can someone help me out here I'd be most grateful.
Capture.JPG

Jess1801

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a similar issue :( I can install the texture pack fine while using v1.1.3 of FTB Unleashed. However, on my other computer I use v1.1.6 FTB Unleashed and I tried to download Soartex and that same error window popped up for me.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Although the direct download link doesn't function anymore, the texture patcher (1.2) still seem to function.

http://soartex.net/texture-patcher/ You might need to manually select the mods you need though, the Direwolf20 pack that you can select from the File menu is the v1, I think. And the Unleashed pacl is not selectable, so you will prob need to select the mods you need manually before hitting the download button.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
According to the change logs, that team made commits only a few days ago, so they are still working on it for certain.

KKeys

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't download the pack for unleashed v1.1.6, so as a work around I downloaded it from the v1.1.3 version. Seems to work fine.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Love the texture pack, but I do have one gripe with it.
Not entirely sure if this is a problem with the texture pack, the mods of the involved blocks or a combination, but giving it a shot here.
When building with Smooth Sandstone in FTB Unleashed 1.1.3 I experienced one problem. The texture used on the upwards facing side of facades, microblocks etc. does not match the texture of regular Smooth Sandstone.
Small example:
uJpJ9rY.png

The textures on the sides are fine, but as you can see the "bevelled edges" look on the top side is replaced by what looks like normal sandstone. There is even a slight colour difference.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Recently updated ftb from 1.1.4 unleashed to 1.1.7, in this release applied energistics was updated and its possible that something changed. All my ae stuff from 1.1.4 is fine, but when placing an ME Crafting interface, or a normal ME interface I get the default texture. One of the old ones that has the soartex texture will revert to default when broken and replaced.

Johnson

Jul 29, 2019
Recently updated ftb from 1.1.4 unleashed to 1.1.7, in this release applied energistics was updated and its possible that something changed. All my ae stuff from 1.1.4 is fine, but when placing an ME Crafting interface, or a normal ME interface I get the default texture. One of the old ones that has the soartex texture will revert to default when broken and replaced.
Soartex does not have a texture for "purple" blocks. The AE in Unleashed 1.1.7 uses the color of the cable behind the block to color the block itself. So if you want the "old" Soartex textures, use Blue ME cable.

Reactions: wildc4rd
Status
Not open for further replies.