[64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandraad

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the beta version of the mega 1.6 modpack:
http://new.creeperrepo.net/Soartex/modded/1.6.x/Soartex_FTB.zip
We're now hosting our files with CreeperRepo to fix the server problems we began to run into before. Check out their service, great guys.

Please post any problems you have with this beta version, I will be fixing them before sending them to the launcher for the general public. While you're at it, post screenshots of your worlds as well. I don't get to see as many builds as I'd like to see. ;)

That link doesn't work, the website says service unavailable.

Edit: Nevermind! It seems their server went down but now all is well.

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Got a report from some friends that 2 of the MFR Gui textures are also broken, Sewer and Liquid Router, so i'm uploading a working version for those that use mfr and are also having issues. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• MFRfix.zip
    408.4 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: Croaganey

artdude543

Jul 29, 2019
The MFR GUI's are all fine, I compared your upload to the ones on the repo and they are the same so I'm not sure what was wrong there. But when I was creating them they were all tested by myself and some streamers. I will look into the Thaumcraft GUI bug, I don't seem crash on my world so this must be the pack your using being out of date or corrupt file/download. We will be releasing a full release of the Soartex FTB packs soon we just have some finishing touches to go. If anyone has other bugs with any texture please tag me on the post and I will get the notification. Thanks :)

(Soartex Mod Lead)

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
The soartex we were using and that i had to release some fixes for it, is the one that Shoe itself just released. And is not just me that had issue, so no is not my side that got corrupted and no the 2 MFR gui were also broken on 10 other people that play at my server so once again, not me but rather your latest release problem.

Last edited:

verid

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the beta version of the mega 1.6 modpack:
We're now hosting our files with CreeperRepo to fix the server problems we began to run into before. Check out their service, great guys.

As always, you can see the team's changes here:
https://github.com/Soartex-Modded/Modded-1.6.x/commits/master

The beta packaged zip seems to be missing some mods and latest updates from the github repo. What would be the best way for us to acquire the github repo textures? If you use github's "Download ZIP" command it just gives you files in the structure of the repo, not an actual resource pack that can be used in the game.

Is there an easy way to convert the github repo zip into a resource pack? Or are we recommended to use the texture patcher or some such to get the missing mods and texture updates from repo? Does the texture patcher even read from the github repo?

Note: Part of the motivation for this post is the fact that FTB Monster modpack was just released (just an FYI for those unaware).

artdude543

Jul 29, 2019

Okay I did some digging on this and its the download that we currently have up which is corrupt the files on the repo are all working fine and accordingly, these were tested on all FTB packs and various mod versions. We will be releasing the FTB Packs soon, but still sorting our server problems out. In the mean time I am fine with people using your fixed version until we push the packs out.

The patcher is very simple as it takes the files from our GitHub Repository and zips then up into separate downloads for easy drag and drop for making packs. At this time none of this works as we are still having problems with our current host. But we are migrating to new hardware/host as we speak and this system will be back up and running for now. We only have the packs created here. The other way is for you to manually separate the files from the GitHub download, I know this is an inconvenience but we are working on getting the patcher fully functional again and the FTB Packs updated/uploaded. So you can download the resource pack for which even pack your playing on. But this will take time and its the holiday season and also most of us have other projects/jobs so it will done as soon as we have the time/systems. We will be adding an optional download soon which contains all the patches we have but until our server move is done we can not really push anything out efficiently. We are aware of the packs being released as we talk to the FTB Team so we know about Monster :)

(Soartex Mod Lead)

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Questions about the Beta and with the Soeartex Patcher...

Can I undo it easy?
And do i really have to select all the mods i use manually?

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Last new commit according to git hub was on December 27, so i don't think we will get a updated pack just yet.

artdude543

Jul 29, 2019
We will be releasing the packs soon. Should be in the next few days, we have been fixing our patcher so thats working upon releases of the packs :) And our systems are more stable now so a release will be soon! Thanks for the patience guys

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry folks, I told people within Soartex that I'd be ready by December 20th. I was ready with the mod support at that time, but decided to wait until the 1.7.x Soartex was released and use that as the base for the 1.6.x FTB pack. I then started working on my own continuation of Soartex, and now I'm back to cleaning up just a tad bit of the mod support and releasing. The corrupted GUIs were a result of temporary file server problems, and they should be resolved now. NocturneBlock added a few new Metallurgy textures, Meara added a few new Tinker's textures and cleaned up some of my mess, and ScottKillen worked on Engineer's Toolbox.

Updated FTB pack here:
I used Soartex for 1.7 as a base and added in a few other mods, so you'll notice a slightly larger file size and more comprehensive vanilla support. This also means grass uses a standard greyscale base, which adds compatibility with grasses that are other colors than green (in exchange for a reduction of color depth). This will also work in 1.7, of course, if you're running a vanilla 1.7 instance. :p

Thank you SaintLucifer for your fixes and bug reports. Much appreciated!

Reactions: Esheon

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
any reason why the download link for the Individual 1.6 mod zips is unavailable?
also, does anyone have the problem when trying to use the modded texture patcher that it asks to install Java, while you already have Java installed....?

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Just updated to the latest version from creeperrepo to be sure,the GUI on the buildcraft filler has changed in 1.6.* to a mode switch from the 9 square grid. If you guess at it you can find the buttons and still use it, but it is no longer correct. Awesome work though, looks great generally.

Reactions: Shoeboxam

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Just a re post of a issue that i found on August of 2013, the Synthesizer of Extra Bees is still missing a re texturing, seems to be the only machine missing by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.