[64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
All mod packs updated. This came with a pretty big change list for many mods, but I want to specifically spotlight the MFR machines by CoffeeCrazy. He did a great job with those, and I'm sure you Ultimate and Tekkit users will enjoy them.

@Tyrellan: There will be a 1.5 version! It is also available, although somewhat buggy, by selecting the 1.5.x branch in the mod patcher and selecting the mod pack you use. I have not made premade zips for the modpacks because they are so buggy and incomplete (there was a huge file format change).
There will no longer be versions of Soartex for specific releases of 1.5 FTB packs. That's the upside to the file format change; the textures you install today will theoretically work years from now. This means I'm not going to be rushing new versions out when new versions of FTB are released, because the old versions will work just fine.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
All mod packs updated. This came with a pretty big change list for many mods, but I want to specifically spotlight the MFR machines by CoffeeCrazy. He did a great job with those, and I'm sure you Ultimate and Tekkit users will enjoy them.

@Tyrellan: There will be a 1.5 version! It is also available, although somewhat buggy, by selecting the 1.5.x branch in the mod patcher and selecting the mod pack you use. I have not made premade zips for the modpacks because they are so buggy and incomplete (there was a huge file format change).
There will no longer be versions of Soartex for specific releases of 1.5 FTB packs. That's the upside to the file format change; the textures you install today will theoretically work years from now. This means I'm not going to be rushing new versions out when new versions of FTB are released, because the old versions will work just fine.

I hope so, with the new resource packs mojang is working on :(

Kibaa12

Jul 29, 2019
is it me or is the rolling machine texture not entierly 64x?

saEc2O4.png

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
MFR for 1.5 has been reconverted. CoffeeCrazy's machines are now 1.5 compatible. Lots of progress is being made on the 1.5 pack.
@Kibaa12: Right before I finished getting the pack ready, I realized they were missing the faces and only had the base texture.. I decided to put that texture on it to make it identifiable. Better than nothing (a stock machine that isn't identifiable). Definitely ugly though. I'll fix it when I can.

Alf, Drum and Goldbattle already gave me a hard time about it. XD

Reactions: AlanEsh

Kibaa12

Jul 29, 2019
@Kibaa12: Right before I finished getting the pack ready, I realized they were missing the faces and only had the base texture.. I decided to put that texture on it to make it identifiable. Better than nothing (a stock machine that isn't identifiable). Definitely ugly though. I'll fix it when I can.

Cool cool just wanted to more than anything make sure my download didnt mysteriously bugger up...stranger things have happened

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there,

Recently re-downloaded the pack/patched it after I saw some thaumcraft icons were corrupted (it was, in retrospect, probably a memory issue on my part), but after I re-loaded the game and selected the soartex pack, I noticed skeleton skins reverted to vanilla. Is that, uh, normal?

edit: just remember I should give more helpful information.

I'm using the 1.2 patcher, working with the 1.1.2 ultimate pack.

Merlitaru

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having issues with installing the texture pack from the FTB launcher. Whenever I try to install the Soartex Fanver texture pack, it tells me: Error: Texture pack not found for selected mod pack's version. I'm not sure if I have to update the mod (and if I do, how do I do that?) or what. I'm rather new to this >_>'.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
@Merlitaru: We're just waiting for the FTB folks to upload it/make it active. Whenever the mod packs update, it can take a few days for them to upload our updated texture packs.

@JohnT: The skeleton texture wasn't actually made and included until the 1.5 version of the pack. I could go back and add a lot of things to 1.4.7, but I tend to avoid anything that will sort itself out over time... It's in the main download for the vanilla pack. You can just copy the files in /mob/ over to your 1.4.7 texture pack. I probably should have manually added a few of the new 1.5 things to the 1.4 modpacks, but I just didn't think of it.

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
@Merlitaru: We're just waiting for the FTB folks to upload it/make it active. Whenever the mod packs update, it can take a few days for them to upload our updated texture packs.

@JohnT: The skeleton texture wasn't actually made and included until the 1.5 version of the pack. I could go back and add a lot of things to 1.4.7, but I tend to avoid anything that will sort itself out over time... It's in the main download for the vanilla pack. You can just copy the files in /mob/ over to your 1.4.7 texture pack. I probably should have manually added a few of the new 1.5 things to the 1.4 modpacks, but I just didn't think of it.

Oh, weird. Perhaps I downloaded soartex from the website rather than the patcher the first time.

In any case, your suggested fix worked out fine, and skellies and pigmen and the like don't look completely out of place anymore! wooo!

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Using 1.5.2 (and the download jar file to patch which mods you want - which is genius btw....); and EBXL is definitely not working properly. It's downloading, but the textures are not updated.

Edit: The fix for this was to rename extrabiomes to ExtrabiomesXL inside the mods folder - in the pack; just FYI.

JustJulian99

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice texture pack, I love it, but is there a lower definition version? My computer cannot handle anything over 32x(I know thats very low, but still).

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft for 1.5 has been updated. For those of you using the Mod Patcher, start the patcher then click "Check For Updates."
tVCMcZW.jpg
@Tyrellan: I also fixed the path for ExtrabiomesXL.
@Gretchen: I'll look into it. For the time being, I'm trying to focus on one mod at a time, and slowly convert as I go along. It may take some time before I make the lap. ;)
@JustJulian: We only have 64x. IMO, for the pack to look right at lower resolutions we'd need to remake the textures with a reduction in detail.

GBE Monkey

Jul 29, 2019
Why is it that when I download the modded one and install everything looks like vanilla except for the mods ??

Swable

Jul 29, 2019
The Direwolf20's LV, MV, and HV Solar panels in the 1.5 update are all glitched into being white with black strips. Anyone able to fix that up? Thanks for your work on the TP guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.