[64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
1.5 conversions are being organized and picked up again. I took a hiatus from mods while working on Soartex 2.5, a vanilla revision/remake update. GoldBattle has cleaned up and split out the 1.4 mod repository into an archive branch and 1.4 branch. I cleaned up the 1.5 repo, and am currently rewriting the patcher's mod list for 1.5. Unused unstitcher configs will be implemented very soon, and I'll be preparing a more aimed pack at Tekkit.

@Kazekai: GoldBattle fixed it yesterday.
@Aetherr_: Mhm, someday... Sorry, I don't know when someone will get around to it. But someday.
@ChaosRain: Many vanilla textures are not completed, but many have been added in the 2.4 and upcoming 2.5 update. Armor hasn't been made yet. I know, lots of mod textures when vanilla isn't complete... I've had too much fun with mods, someone else can make armor.
How did you learn how to texture? I want to learn. (Hopefully fast)

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
@Aetherr_: I started back in December 2011, and learned from the guidance of other people in the Fanver community. I can help you along if you're interested in learning. Remember, it's a slow process to develop a new skill, and takes a lot of patience. I'm always happy to help, and I'm transparent about my tools and methods.

Vovegog

Jul 29, 2019
Dude, can you help me or give guidance on GLSL?
When I use your Texture Pack with GLSL (any shader) everything looks very bright and sepia, it's a little sad since I just got the shaders to work on FTB and the modpack I love just doesn't look good in it. :/

2wd4mt1.png

It should be noted that it looks GREAT outdoors. It's REALLY beautiful and makes me awe.

However, indoors - it looks like this:

2cs7061.png

a1shfo.png

AAAGH MY EYES. :(

Is this because your texture pack (Maybe?) isn't directly supported by GLSL? I don't know if the shaders can correctly reflect off your textures - I've no idea. It almost feels like the oak planks reflect between each other so much that it becomes too much.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry has been fully converted to 1.5 and updated with new content and remakes. We also support Metallurgy now, thanks to the work of NocturneBlock. I'm considering releasing a pack just for it, but I don't know how much interest there would be in that.

@Vevegog: That's really bright! Maybe delete /environment/lightmap0.png? That file is the custom lightmap and it may not play well with what you have. I also made some normal maps recently if you're interested in bumpmapping.

Vovegog

Jul 29, 2019
They didn't make any difference when not in the .zip, sadly.
I'd gladly try out whatever you can offer. :p In the meantime, I will see other places if this is a problem with GLSL.

Vovegog

Jul 29, 2019
So, I tried downloading earlier versions, disabling HDR, SSAO and pretty much everything - even different shaders.
Everything is still very bright and sepia - BUT I found out that it is much worse indoors when enclosed, compared to having rooflights or windows at all. This is weird and annoying, as I can't actually find a fix for it. >.<

The only last thing I can think of that is the cause is either a variable in the Shaders which I can't fix, cuz I do not know coding, lol. Or it is because I need bumpmapping in your Texture Pack.

rotwhip3

Jul 29, 2019
now, im not sure what the problem is, but when i try and get the TP from the launcher, it acts fine, when i open the game its fine, but when i do anything inside of FTB the whole thing crashes, im not sure what the problem is, but i really like this TP and would love to use it,

its not a problem with 64x TPs as the Sphax TP works, so i think its something here on this end

just a note: it dosent work on either my mac, or my pc.

any help would be nice, but try and keep the wording simple as i have no experiance with computers :p

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
No i have v.5.3.2, and when applying the latest one from here, the backgrounds is still from Soartex, but the ingame textures gets to original

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
Oh...
Well thats a really WIP then, because NOTHING is in the new textures, and before upgrading to this new pack shit it worked perfectly
Are you using the version for 1.5? Cause most of the textures should be textured for 1.4.7.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using the version for 1.5? Cause most of the textures should be textured for 1.4.7.

I just got a modpack update for Direwolf 20, backed up all the mods i added myself.
And when i loaded the game the logo was in Soartex texture, the menue was in soartex but the fonts was in regular minecraft, and ingame was regular minecraft

The modversion of direwolfs is 5.3.2 and the mc version is 1.4.7

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
I just got a modpack update for Direwolf 20, backed up all the mods i added myself.
And when i loaded the game the logo was in Soartex texture, the menue was in soartex but the fonts was in regular minecraft, and ingame was regular minecraft

The modversion of direwolfs is 5.3.2 and the mc version is 1.4.7
Ingame should not be regular minecraft. Like I said, you have the 1.5 version of Soartex Fanver.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Did you re-add Optifine? When updating the packs it likes to remove mods you add yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.