[64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Soartex for vanilla has been updated for 1.5. All mod textures and mod texture packs will be updated once mods have moved to the new texture format. The 1.4.7 version of the pack is in the archives here: http://files.soartex.net/archives/

Soartex 2.4

Added mobs:
Skeleton- Tzigane
Spider- Shisensama
Cave spider- Originally by Shisensama
Silverfish- Shisensama
Ghast- Shisensama
Pig Zombie- Shisensama

Added terrain/blocks:
Activator Rail- originally by Floppygunk
Beacon- Originally by SoaringDragon
Redstone block- Originally by Darx
Hopper- Shisensama
Nether Quartz- Shoeboxama
All quartz blocks!- Shisensama
Potato plant series- Shoeboxama
Daylight detector- Shisensama and Floppygunk
Comparator- Shoeboxama
Fence- Shoeboxama
Dropper- Shisensama

Remade terrain/blocks:
CTM wools- Shoeboxama
Dispenser remade to match dropper- Shisensama
Rando CTM bookshelves + new bookshelves in the nether- Shoeboxama and TarquinsBrutus
Jungle sapling- Shoeboxama
Vines- Shoeboxama
Lily pads- Shoeboxama
Ender egg- Originally by Shisensama
Cauldron revised- Shoeboxama
Command block- Nikiforos
CTM brown mushrooms- Shoeboxama
Better shading on melon/pumpkin stalks- BalavoinePlot
Fancy jungle leaves less solid- Shoeboxama
Nether brick (Sorry Val)- Shisensama

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Added items:
Zombie flesh- Shisensama
Meat and pork- Shisensama
Spider eye- Shisensama
Cookie- Shisensama
Dyes- LMB10
Fireball- Valsis
Fireworks- Shisensama
Fireworks charge- Shisensama
Magma cream- Shisensama
Melon- Shisensama
Golden Melon- Originally by Shisensama
Nether brick- AdamantCeasar
Nether quartz- Shisensama
Netherwart seeds- Shisensama
Skulls completed- Originally by Tzigane
Slime ball- Shisensama

Remade items:
Doors (128x)
Brewing stand (128x)
Cauldron (128x)
Hopper (128x)
All minecarts (128x)
Comparator and repeater (128x)
Golden carrot
Flower pot- Floppygunk
Snow ball- Chase
String- Shoeboxama
Ghast tear- Originally by Floppygunk
Compass needle- Floppygunk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Other additions:
XP Orbs- Shoeboxama
Trapped chests
Hopper GUI
Alternate natural light map
Remade art- credits supplied with art

Tweaks/bug fixes by Shoeboxama:
Inventory GUI revised to large scroll
Leaves in frozen biomes no longer grey
Birch leaf texture separated and tuned for lighter values
Stray pixel removed on oak and pine leaves
Sheep wools match wool block coloring
Backface culling enabled on glass panes
Tinted glass reduced to fixed CTM method
Custom coloration on redstone dust power levels
Custom coloration on mob eggs
Map water changed to soar color
Set custom colors for all wolf collar dyes
Custom color for nether portal particles
Chiseled sandstone top/bottom matches smooth sandstone top/bottom
Gold pickaxe stray pixels fixed
Wolf collar lightened so that dye color is visible
Original tall grass restored
More saturation depth in base randoterrain tall grass
Font kerning improved in optional HD Font
Sick hunger bar shows actual hunger amount
Placeholder potion effect particles
Anvil and trading arrow that is failed is now red, not grey
Updated compass potion effect
Underwater color in swamps matches water color
Jungle leaves semitransparency fixed
Updated legal.txt

Removed:
Random flowers on cactus tops
Inactive dial.png
Inactive biome palettes
Inactive animation files
Inactive terrain.png and items.png
Defscape shield potion effect
HD font (up in the air)

Vineet, the new CTM format in 1.5 gives each CTM texture its own file and names the .properties files based on the file name, which means removing pieces of the CTM will be easy to do in 1.5. Sorry, removing pieces of CTM in 1.4 is kind of trial and error if you don't know the file format.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I would LOVE to use Soartex Fanver but I need a 32x version of it. What are the odds of this happening? (I cannot seem to find a mention of it on your website at all, just 64x.)

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
I would LOVE to use Soartex Fanver but I need a 32x version of it. What are the odds of this happening? (I cannot seem to find a mention of it on your website at all, just 64x.)

There will be a 32x version! No telling when though. I've been saying there will be one for just under a year. There are always distractions.

@shoeboxam

Thanks for the fast update. Do you think the new format is better because you can mix different resolutions and other things or is the handling for so many files especially with mods not worth it?

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
There shouldn't be any purples! I removed all the purple textures from sprite sheets to drop the file size.
@Giddimani: I am not sure yet. It complicates things at the moment, since the mod repo is in the midst of a conversion. However, it will be nice to be able to identify textures easier. There is an overwhelming amount of work ahead to change textures to the new format. Some mods are breaking the mould and adding their own texture parser, such as ChickenBones's mods and IC2, meaning they will stick with sheets. No more invisible textures is a bonus, but I know more new textures will slip through the cracks, meaning texture requests will become more common. All said, I don't know yet how this will work out. Until then, I've got IC2 machines remade and am about to sink in on DivineRPG. ;)

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I want a 128 version, 32? Why would you want lower res kinda counter productive. Unless you have a slow pc.

But yah I would LOVE a 128 version.

The FTB development team has put an arbitrary limit of 1GB RAM for me as I run things on a 32-bit version of Windows. Due to this wonderful fact I cannot actually use texture packs higher than 32x. Hence... I would like a 32x version. Talk to the FTB Devs about letting me push the limit back up to 1.5GB RAM and I'll gladly use a 64x texture pack (as I did in Tekkit.. because Tekkit didn't hard limit me to 1GB RAM).

32x Sphax is missing a pretty fair number of textures under Ultimate (because they technically do not support Ultimate FTB yet). Soartex Fanver DOES support Ultimate.. but it's limited to 64x. Argh.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
Some mods are breaking the mould and adding their own texture parser, such as ChickenBones's mods and IC2, meaning they will stick with sheets. No more invisible textures is a bonus, but I know more new textures will slip through the cracks, meaning texture requests will become more common. All said, I don't know yet how this will work out. Until then, I've got IC2 machines remade and am about to sink in on DivineRPG. ;)

Thanks for the infos, interesting to read from someone actually affected by the changes of the system, although I don't understand why IC2 and CB decided to work against the new changes, seems not like a good idea to run different systems.

Great news about divine, I started currently playing the pack (really needed a break from the tech mods) and the current pack is nice but is missing a lot of textures. Thanks again :)

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
I have a first version of Soartex for the RPG Immersion mod pack here:
http://files.soartex.net/main/Soartex_RPG_Immersion.zip
Big thanks to Drummaster, Harry and Disaster for the work they did on DivineRPG!

Next up, texture fixes for Thaumcraft, TE, Factorization and Advanced Solars. After that, I am going to continue my remake of IC2 machines throughout the addons, most specifically Gregtech.

Thank you for the report Democre!
32x would be awesome! Who's making it? I am plenty busy already. :p

Kingwut117

Jul 29, 2019
TC3 Magic Mirror and Mirrored Glass textures are completely missing. Once I get them connected and placed however, the square of void (like an end portal) is visible on the wall.

Edit: nvm, just had to update tex, pack. I wish it did that automatically...

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the current Soartex pack in the launcher is pretty buggy, but my priority has been on taking care of some large sweeping changes and large additions/remakes before the files are split up in 1.5. Here are the changes over the last ten days:
-All invisible textures fixed
-Applied Energistics started and nearly completed
-IC2 machines, IC2 Compact Solars, IC2 Advanced Machines and Gregtech remade
-Major updates/remakes on Thaumcraft, Forestry and Xycraft
-Minefactory Reloaded started
-Plenty of detail fixes for many other mods

I am planning on making an update with all these changes tomorrow. Gregtech has to be backported.
I am aware the drop down list in the Soartex Texture pack options in the launcher is bugged.
The update to Soartex tomorrow will most likely be the last update for FTB in 1.4.7.

@kingwut117: I'm pretty sure the pack that is currently in the launcher has those fixed. You may have a texture pack older than March 14?

Freddonic

Jul 29, 2019
My texture pack isn't working. I have missing texture or corrupted texture all over the place no matter optifine is installed or not. i have some **GL error** 1282 or something like that in my log.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
My texture pack isn't working. I have missing texture or corrupted texture all over the place no matter optifine is installed or not. i have some **GL error** 1282 or something like that in my log.
That's the same error I get when I try Soartex Fanver 64x

Status
Not open for further replies.