[64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
All packs are recompiled with the compatability fixes for the update on Monday! I have also notified the FTB team.

Going forward, changelog is here:
https://github.com/Soartex-Fanver/Soartex-Textures/commits/master

Thanks to Red and GB, recompiling the packs for a new upate of FTB will automated by a script, meaning there will be even less work to update Soartex. Also, mod support updating is done via GitHub. Nothing changes for you guys, everything stays the same, it just speeds things up for me and the other folks on the team (a lot less manual work!)

@Gieljan: I made a minor change which may fix that. If it isn't fixed, I'll take another look at it.

nsmyrnos

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to upscale the texture for lava in Railcraft Iron Tanks? It almost looks like it takes a single block lava texture and stretches it to the size of the tank, which makes it look very out of place with the rest of the pack.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
@nsmyros: Yeah, I've noticed that too. There's nothing I can do to change it... and until 1.5, there's nothing I can do about non-vanilla animations (tanks of steam bug me).

EDIT: Noticed misc periphs was missing from lite pack. Added now and changed patcher config.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Another user had a similar problem, but he didn't have a crash report... Could you post the error report on the Optifine page?
Temporarily, you could delete the CTM folder in Soartex. I'm sure disabling CTM from the game options menu would work too.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
The stack trace points to CTM, which makes me think turning off CTM would fix the problem. That's my best guess! Now I'm curious to see if that changes anything...

Cheez99

Jul 29, 2019
The font just looks tiny to me, especially the minimap coordinates. I can't read them at all. I've just not used optifine...I can deal with the default water and lava, as long as I can read things on the screen.

Aside: Updated my pack and the new marble brick looks FANTASTIC.

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
Ive Been using that texture pack since vanilla minecraft and you guys made a fantastic work, keep the good work. A little comment about the apiarist mob, the texture is still the original one. The villager and the enchanter cloth color are close to be similar, changing the enchanter cloth to something more light should fix it.

emmasteadman

Jul 29, 2019
I love this pack, but is there any way to make 'Glass Viewers' from XyCraft seemless like they are supposed to be by default?
At the moment with this texture pack, they are of no benefit.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
I'll change 'em again. Seamless Xycraft glass it is!

You may have noticed there hasn't been very many updates from me recently. That's because I've been working on a vanilla Soartex update for 1.5. It will have most vanilla textures completed as well as quite a few retextures. A few select textures will now be 128x. It's definitely the largest single update to vanilla that Soartex has ever had, thanks to the help of some talented new artists (Shisensama!).

Anyways, until it is ready, I am headed back to the jungle. ;)
All changes will be in the FTB packs once FTB updates to 1.5.

emmasteadman

Jul 29, 2019
I'll change 'em again. Seamless Xycraft glass it is!

You may have noticed there hasn't been very many updates from me recently. That's because I've been working on a vanilla Soartex update for 1.5. It will have most vanilla textures completed as well as quite a few retextures. A few select textures will now be 128x. It's definitely the largest single update to vanilla that Soartex has ever had, thanks to the help of some talented new artists (Shisensama!).

Anyways, until it is ready, I am headed back to the jungle. ;)
All changes will be in the FTB packs once FTB updates to 1.5.

Sounds awesome, you are one of the best for frequent updates. Welcome also to Shisensama. :)

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a version of the patcher which includes the newer mods for Ultimate like Bibliocraft and Applied Energistics?

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
I have a very solid 1.5 update for Soartex ready and am moving back to mod texturing. I intend to complete Bibliocraft before releasing a compatability update for all of the FTB packs. My hope is for a Wednesday update. If you have some experience and a little spare time, I'd love help with this stuff... in particular, MFR, Charge Pads and Applied Energistics need to be started.

Is there a version of the patcher which includes the newer mods for Ultimate like Bibliocraft and Applied Energistics?
Not yet, but when it is ready it will appear in your patcher.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I have a very solid 1.5 update for Soartex ready and am moving back to mod texturing. I intend to complete Bibliocraft before releasing a compatability update for all of the FTB packs. My hope is for a Wednesday update. If you have some experience and a little spare time, I'd love help with this stuff... in particular, MFR, Charge Pads and Applied Energistics need to be started.

Not yet, but when it is ready it will appear in your patcher.

you just made me very happy :D the only reason why I haven't used Bibliocraft yet is because soartex didn't support it yet

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
All packs have been updated early! Ultimate is available from the OP and a preset for it is in the patcher. Aside from the armor stand, BiblioCraft has been completely textured. Next up, should I work on MFR, Applied Energistics or TFC? Anything particular you have in mind that you'd like to see textured or improved?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see AE support, though, come to think of it, TFC is higher up on my priorities since it's freaking awesome.

I'm assuming you're starting TFC texturing early before it gets added to the launcher?

newt111

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Solars would be nice. Items in the recipe are missing textures since the last update

Status
Not open for further replies.