[64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
@Wizaerd: I submitted the update to Soartex yesterday, just a few hours after the mod packs had been updated. All I can do now is wait for them to handle it. It's completely out of my hands.

@Everyone: The updated packs are still available from the OP here.

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
@Wizaerd: I submitted the update to Soartex yesterday, just a few hours after the mod packs had been updated. All I can do now is wait for them to handle it. It's completely out of my hands.

Thanx Shoeboxam, hopefully they'll push that along fairly quickly... I know I'm in the minority, but I just do not relish manually mucking about with mods, texturepacks, JARs, etc... I do enough development and mucking about at systems for work, when I get home I just wanna click N play...

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Thanx Shoeboxam, hopefully they'll push that along fairly quickly... I know I'm in the minority, but I just do not relish manually mucking about with mods, texturepacks, JARs, etc... I do enough development and mucking about at systems for work, when I get home I just wanna click N play...
Nope, not in the minority. Based on the stats of the launcher, much less than 1% of users manually download and install it from this page. I totally understand where you're coming from.

Lothendas27

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to be such a grouch, but if it ain't in the launcher, I ain't using it. That's kinda one of the reasons why I chose this specific launcher over any other, one click usage.

It takes a few days for it to be updated as it has to go through the launcher team too.

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
One more quick question... When (if) it does get updated in the launcher, are texturepack updates automatic, or do we re-download, or...?

Set

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, who doesn't want to live in a volcano under the ocean right? Well I spent all weekend building the glass walls and then pumping and cleaning up water residue. I have a problem that's driving me mad though, blocks of the same type especially black ones have a freaking annoying white line around them.

er0myc.jpg

Is this a texture pack thing or an Optifine thing, BTW I love this pack congrats to creators/maintainers.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, who doesn't want to live in a volcano under the ocean right? Well I spent all weekend building the glass walls and then pumping and cleaning up water residue. I have a problem that's driving me mad though, blocks of the same type especially black ones have a freaking annoying white line around them.

Is this a texture pack thing or an Optifine thing, BTW I love this pack congrats to creators/maintainers.
It's an Optifine thing. Turn AntiAliasing off.

Kingwut117

Jul 29, 2019
Just a request, will you be adding textures for the Iron Chests mod? I only use those but they stand out like sore thumbs in the world... Also, your glass texture is not compatible with optifine's connected textures.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Launcher has been updated! Thanks jjw123.

Just a request, will you be adding textures for the Iron Chests mod? I only use those but they stand out like sore thumbs in the world... Also, your glass texture is not compatible with optifine's connected textures.
Redownload, that should be fixed by now.

verid

Jul 29, 2019
Tiny suggestion:
Could perhaps marble bricks be bigger? That is, bigger bricks so that there are less bricks per block. Hope that makes sense.

Reasoning:
1) Small bricks causes aliasing issues when looking at them from afar
2) In real-life, marble tends to be laid in very large "bricks" - much larger than bricks of other materials (e.g. clay-based)

This might apply to some other materials too.

(Personally I would prefer if all materials' bricks were larger, but I think the strongest case is made for marble.)

Cheez99

Jul 29, 2019
^ I can second this. I don't care for the small bricks, but the rest of the pack is just too good for me not to use it.

Aideen

Jul 29, 2019
Tiny suggestion:
Could perhaps marble bricks be bigger? That is, bigger bricks so that there are less bricks per block. Hope that makes sense.

Reasoning:
1) Small bricks causes aliasing issues when looking at them from afar
2) In real-life, marble tends to be laid in very large "bricks" - much larger than bricks of other materials (e.g. clay-based)

This might apply to some other materials too.

(Personally I would prefer if all materials' bricks were larger, but I think the strongest case is made for marble.)

Kinda funny that this is the only problem i have with the texture pack as well. Save for the actual brick bricks I prefer the larger textures for stone bricks, netherbricks, marble, and basalt I keep pulling the texture from Sphax's texture pack because I can't find a textures i like to replace them

Mdt7734

Jul 29, 2019
I too am i fan of a larger brick blocks. But like others say the rest of the pack compensates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really like changing the vanilla textures, so I won't be making any differences there. I will provide more alternatives in the customizer for larger bricks though... I just need time. I am more open to try new things with the mod textures though.

Concept? Test it out and let me know what you think. Base texture by Shisensama.
marbrick.png

Reactions: zergdog and Aideen

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really like changing the vanilla textures, so I won't be making any differences there. I will provide more alternatives in the customizer for larger bricks though... I just need time. I am more open to try new things with the mod textures though.

Concept? Test it out and let me know what you think. Base texture by Shisensama.
View attachment 1850
Looks good. Speaking of the customizer, though, is there any way to perhaps combine a customizer with the patcher? :D Now THAT would be awesome. A customizer that includes all of the mod textures, with alternatives for some things like these marble bricks, and the ability to just patch updated textures...

Status
Not open for further replies.