5 MINUTES - THATS HOW I DID IT - (NOW WITH SKY FACTORY 4!!!)

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guys,

I started a new Youtube series for Sky Factory 3. Rather than doing long episodes, I am trying to stick to short ~5 minute videos showcasing 1 or 2 things. I am certainly not saying that these are the best, or only solutions, but rather, just demonstrating how I went about doing it.

Oh... and yes... I realize that most of these episodes are NOT 5 minutes :D...

Link to my Youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTACeOkI33IGMqj0ZUyZV0A

Also, you can find updates and links to my most recent videos on my Twitter page @JackelWolf

I will post individual episodes below.

EDIT: I have also started adding links to my Sky Factory "Speed Run'' and "Chicken Run" Challenge videos. More 'Let's Play' and less 'How To'.

Let me know what you think, and feel free to share how "you" did it.

Thanks,

JackelWolf

Last edited:
Reactions: grandrolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guys,

Here is Episode01; my very first video for my '5-MIN - THAT'S HOW I DID IT!' series in Sky Factory 3. This is a quick little tip that can make accidental falls into the void a little less troublesome. It is definitely not for everyone, especially skilled players, but would be a good idea for younger or less experienced players. I play a lot of Minecraft with my 8 year old daughter, who can get very frustrated with dying in survival mode, so every advantage helps.

Let me know what you think, or even better, post any other tips or tricks you have for avoiding the 'void'.

Thanks Guys.

JackelWolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guys... here is a link to my second Episode of '5-MIN - THAT'S HOW I DID IT!' in Sky Factory 3. This episode I focus on early Platform building using half slabs, not for the extra width you can build, but because stacked half slabs are 'un-vein mineable'. This reduces the chance of accidentally vein mining your platform out from under you (useing the '~' key). Check out this video for more info.

Please let me know what you think, and feel free to reply and let me know any tips or tricks you have for building a secure platform.

Thanks Guys.

JackelWolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guys... Dirt is a very important early game resource. Episode03 of '5-MIN - THAT'S HOW I DID IT!' in Sky Factory 3 deals with early game composting. I give a quick overview of what is probably the most grindy part of 'early game Sky Factory' and demonstrate my attempt of making this as efficient as possible.

There are probably a ton of different ways to approach this, so feel free to let us know 'HOW YOU DID IT!'

Thanks Guys,

JackelWolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guys,

This one is pretty straight forward. I've put together a quick demo of early game sifting to get cobblestone.

Let me know if I missed anything or show us "HOW YOU DID IT!".

Thanks Guys...

JackelWolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guys...

In EP05, I go over the 2 different types of Hammer in relation to 'regular' and 'compressed' blocks.

Let me know your thoughts on compressed vs un-compressed blocks, and which combination works best for you.

Thanks Guys...

JackelWolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Nice concept - short ones with one or a few topics! :)

Thanks. The short length makes them more watchable, but there are a few that I recorded that I had to break into two or more parts to keep the time down. Hopefully they will be able to hlp some people, or at least be 'food for thought'.

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guys,

Here is EP06, which showcases the Sieve and Heavy Sieve.

Since this is so closely related to the Hammer and Compressed Hammer, which both have benefits and drawbacks, let me know how you use the different sieves with the different Hammers.

Thanks Guys,

JackelWolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guys,

Here is EP07 - The Crucible. I think this is one of my favorite early game items to build. It is a little more complex than anything we've done so far, having a 'craft' stage and then a 'firing' stage before it is usable, and then it needs to be powered by an outside source (torch, lava or nether rack). Really unique.

And again, let me know what you think or if I missed anything.

Thanks Guys,

JackelWolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guys,

EP08 features probably the most critical item in an 'early game' Sky Factory play-thru, the Cobblestone Generator. Super simple to make once you have a source of lava, and integral to automating that process.

Let me know what you think the most important 'early game' item is. Is it the Cobblestone Generator, or something different?

Thanks Guys,

JackelWolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guys,

Here is episode 9. In this episode I upgrade my lava production to 4x by crafting Netherrack and using it as a source of heat. I kind of touch on it in the episode, but I don't see the point of using 'raw' lava as a heat source. If you have cobblestone to make lava you already have the ability to sift for Redstone, which are the only 2 ingredients you need for Netherrack.

Let me know your thoughts on Lava vs Netherrack or if you feel that there are any specific benefits to lava.

Thanks Guys,

JackelWolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guys,

Episode 10 focuses on the Magmatic Generator. This is my 'go-to', early game power source, especially for Auto Hammers/Auto Sifters. Since you already have a CobbleStone Generator in the area, (even a Level I will generate fast enough for a number of Auto Lava stations and non-compressed Auto Hammers) it just makes sense to use it as a power source. Down-side would be that lava stations are a little bulky, and a bit of a fire hazard.

And again, let me know your thoughts early game power supply.

Thanks Guys,

JackelWolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guys,

In Episode 11 I showcase the Auto Hammer and Auto Sifter. These are certainly the backbone of my resource production.

Thanks Guys,

JackelWolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guys and Gals,

Episode 12 brings us to the Smeltry. This pushes us into the iron age of Sky Factory.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

JackelWolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guys and Gals,

In Episode 13 I take another step forward towards automating my Smeltry by installing an Auto-Compressor. This takes the 'Pieces' from the Auto-Sieve and compresses them into 'Chunks' that can be fed into the Smeltry.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

JackelWolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guys and Gals,

Episode 14 completes the Automation of the Smeltry using a Redstone Clock and Transfer Nodes to create Ingots, and then compress the Ingots into Blocks for storage.

As always, let me know what you think, or better yet, let us know how you Automated your Smeltry.

Thanks,

JackelWolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guy's and Gals,

Episode 15 is part 1 of my Mob Dropper. It demonstrates the 'Spawn House' and I plant basic Mob Fans to push the mobs into the Mob Pit (coming soon!).

Let me know your thoughts on early mob grinding.

Thanks,

JackeWolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Guys and Gals,

Episode 16 finishes off the Mob dropper. I do build a storage container and golden spikes, though I don't get to demo them until the next episode.

Thanks Guys,

JackelWolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Hey guys and gals,

In Episode 17 I get the Ender Pearl I needed to put the finishing touches on the Mob Dropper. I also set up an Automatic system for composting Dirt from the excess String and Rotten Flesh.

Thanks,

JackelWolf