5 MINUTES - THATS HOW I DID IT - (NOW WITH SKY FACTORY 4!!!)

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Since my 5-Min series has moved on to a different mod pack, and Chicken Run is on hiatus, I needed a series for my FTB fix. So, in anticipation of the upcoming release of SkyFactory 4, I am piloting a new series in what I believe might be an interesting and entertaining format. Since SF4 looks to have a number of different 'challenge' modes, I thought it my best approach to recording a series would be to limit myself to a monthly challenge/scenario.

For this 'Pilot' episode, I am using the existing SkyFactory 3 and challenging myself with a unique set of preconditions.

December Challenge (Pilot): Parkour Orchard

Goal: To grow as many different saplings, from Pam's Harvest Craft mod pack, as possible.

Rule 1: (Parkour) Maximum platform size is 5x5. All platforms must have a min of 1 block empty space (ceiling to bedrock) between them; no bridges.

Rule 2: (Orchard) While you can 'buy' saplings from a 'Market' (cost 1x emerald), you cannot 'sell' saplings to obtain more emeralds. Emeralds must be generated by other means.

If you enjoy this video/challenge and would like to participate, or if you have any questions, please let me know here, or on one of my other social media outlets.

Twitter: @JackelWolf
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jackelwolf/?hl=en
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/jackelwolf/
Discord: https://discord.gg/R2S57Sv
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jackelwolf77

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Here are the first 4 SkyFactory Survivor Series episodes from January 2019. There are 8 in total for this month.

[#SFSS_2019_JAN] SKYFACTORY SURVIVOR SERIES - JANUARY 2019 - EP01 - Q*BERT PETTING ZOO

[#SFSS_2019_JAN] SKYFACTORY SURVIVOR SERIES - JANUARY 2019 - EP02 - Q*BERT PETTING ZOO

[#SFSS_2019_JAN] SKYFACTORY SURVIVOR SERIES - JANUARY 2019 - EP03 - Q*BERT PETTING ZOO

[#SFSS_2019_JAN] SKYFACTORY SURVIVOR SERIES - JANUARY 2019 - EP04 - Q*BERT PETTING ZOO

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
And the final 4 episodes of the January SkyFactory Survivor Series. Keep an eye out for the February series, as well as the eventual roll over to SkyFactory 4 once it is released.

[#SFSS_2019_JAN] SKYFACTORY SURVIVOR SERIES - JANUARY 2019 - EP05 - Q*BERT PETTING ZOO

[#SFSS_2019_JAN] SKYFACTORY SURVIVOR SERIES - JANUARY 2019 - EP06 - Q*BERT PETTING ZOO

[#SFSS_2019_JAN] SKY FACTORY SURVIVOR SERIES - JANUARY 2019 - EP07 - Q*BERT PETTING ZOO

[#SFSS_2019_JAN] SKY FACTORY SURVIVOR SERIES - JANUARY 2019 - EP07 - Q*BERT PETTING ZOO

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
The February SkyFactory Survivor Series was plagued with a number of technical problems from Audio and Video. So I only got a couple of episodes done before I decided to cut the series.

[#SFSS_2019_FEB] SKY FACTORY SURVIVOR SERIES - FEBRUARY 2019 - EP01

[#SFSS_2019_FEB] SKY FACTORY SURVIVOR SERIES - FEBRUARY 2019 - EP02

[#SFSS_2019_FEB] SKY FACTORY SURVIVOR SERIES - FEBRUARY 2019 - EP03

[#SFSS_2019_FEB] SKY FACTORY SURVIVOR SERIES - FEBRUARY 2019 - EP04

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Playing some more catch-up with my posting. Along with the Sky Factory Survivor Series, I've also been playing a lot of the newly released FTB Stoneblock 2. I've also switched over my 5-min series to a 'Quest Guide' covering all of the various quests/achievements in Stoneblock2. I also plan to look at some of the non quest items as they come up in my world (they will be under the regular '5-MIN THAT'S HOW I DID IT' roof). Here are the first 5x Quest Guides!

[STONEBLOCK 2] 5-MIN - THAT'S HOW I DID IT! - EP01 PEBBLES & COBBLESTONE (QUEST GUIDE)

[STONEBLOCK 2] 5-MIN - THAT'S HOW I DID IT! - EP02 STONE CRAFTING TABLE, CHEST & DIRT (QUEST GUIDE)

[STONEBLOCK 2] 5-MIN - THIDI - EP03 CROOKED & PHOTOSYNTHESIS IS FOR SUCKERS (QUEST GUIDE)

[STONEBLOCK 2] 5-MIN - THIDI - EP04 SILK ROAD, CLASSIC & PEAK EFFICIENCY (QUEST GUIDE)

[STONEBLOCK 2] 5-MIN - THIDI - EP05 - OAK CRUCIBLE & BALANCED (QUEST GUIDE)

Hopefully you enjoy!

Thanks!

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
I've been slow posting these, but here are my new "5-Min" vids for Sky Factory 4!

[SKYFACTORY 4] EP01- DIRT SAPLING, DIRT TREE & DRYING RACK (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to start off in Sky Factory 4, by growing and harvesting a Dirt Tree from a Dirt Sapling, and gathering some Dirt Acorns and Dirt Resin. He also crafts the Drying Rack.

[SKYFACTORY 4] EP02- DIRT BLOCK, PETRIFIED SAPLING & CRUSHING TUB (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to craft a Dirt Block from Dirt Acorns & Dirt Resin. As well, he shows how to dry Dirt Acorns in a Drying Rack to make Petrified Acorns and to use those to Craft a Petrified Sapling. As a bonus, he also goes over how to 'pick up' items in the world by using 'Shift' and Right Click with an empty item slot selected. This allows for the easy reorganization of items like Chests and Crafting tables without having to break and replace.

[SKYFACTORY 4] EP03 - CLAY, BONE & GRAVEL SAPLINGS (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to craft a Clay Sapling, a Bone Sapling and a Gravel Sapling.

[SKYFACTORY 4] EP04 ROASTED ACORN, CLAY BUCKET & WOODEN CAULDRON (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to craft a Roasted Acorn, by cooking a Dirt Acorn in a Furnace, a Clay bucket by making a Unfired Clay Bucket and cooking it in a Furnace, and how to make a Wooden Cauldron.

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
I continue on the SkyFactory 4 Advancement train!

[SKYFACTORY 4] EP05 - SAND SAPLING & COTTONWOOD SAPLING (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to craft a Cottonwood and Sand Sapling. He also crafts a Jungle Sapling, Vines and an Infinite Water supply.

[SKYFACTORY 4] EP06 - NAP TIME, COAL SAPLING & LAPIS SAPLING (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to complete the 'Nap Time' Advancement, as well as how to craft a Coal Sapling and a Lapis Sapling.

[SKYFACTORY 4] EP07 - TIN AMBER & TIN SAPLING (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to craft Tin Amber and use that with a Birch Sapling in a Casting Table to make a Tin Sapling.

[SKYFACTORY 4] EP08 - APPLE SAPLING, ACACIA SAPLING & IRON SAPLING (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to obtain a Tin Sapling in Sky Factory 4. The process requires an Apple Sapling (made from crushing an apple in a Crushing Tub) to make an Acacia Sapling, to turn into an Iron Sapling in a Casting Table. He also crafts a Cobblestone Generator.

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
I've also put together some 'non-advancement' guides for some of the more problematic/intersting problems that I have had to solve in SkyFactory 4.

[SKYFACTORY 4] SPECIAL #01 - HOW TO AUTOMATE LAVA (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to use early game resorces to Automate Lava Production. This requires a Cauldron, A dropper, a Cobblestone Generator and various item and fluid ducts/pipes.

[SKYFACTORY 4] SPECIAL #02 - HOW TO AUTOMATE RESOURCE HOGS (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to Automate the gathering of Truffles that are dug up by the new Hogs (Resource Hogs Mod) using a Block Miner and an Item Collector.

[SKYFACTORY 4] SPECIAL #03 - HOW TO AUTOMATE SIMPLE GEOTHERMAL GENERATOR (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to use an Automated User and a Simple Geothermal Generator to create a self contained auto refilling system with a Cobblestone Generator and a Fluid & Item Extraction Cable.

[SKYFACTORY 4] SPECIAL #04 - HOW TO AUTOMATE OBSIDIAN PRODUCTION (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to set up an Automatic Obsidian generator using an Alloy Tank, Heater, Automated User. One of the key things is the automation of water gathering.

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Before I forget, I should also update the Stoneblock 2 episodes.

[STONEBLOCK 2] EP11 - MASTER TINKERER (QUEST GUIDE)

In this episode, JackleWolf continues on his quest journey by completing the "Master Tinkerer"quest.

[STONEBLOCK 2] EP12 - MINING DIMENSION & PROSPERITY SHARD (QUEST GUIDE)

In this episode, JackleWolf continues on his quest journey by completing the "Mining Dimension" quest along with a bonus "Prosperity Shard" quest. Unlike the Stoneblock 2 'over-world', the mining dimension is very similar to the Vanilla underground.

[STONEBLOCK 2] EP13 - HELLISH & INDENTURED SERVITUDE (QUEST GUIDE)

In this episode, JackleWolf continues on his quest journey by completing the "Hellish" quest, by crafting netherrack with a barrlel of lava and a piece of redstone, along with the "Indentured Servitude" quest, by crafting an auto-sieve.

[STONEBLOCK 2] EP14 - SNARE, WHOLESALE & RANCHING (QUEST GUIDE)

In this episode, JackleWolf continues on his quest journey by completing the "SNARE" quest, by building a Ground Trap and filling it with Grain Bait, the "WHOLESALE" quest by building a Market and buying a Spawn Egg with Emeralds, and the "RANCHING" quest by building a Chicken Catcher and using it to catch a Chicken. As a bonus, I demonstrate a 3rd way of obtaining chickens by using Chicken Bait.

[STONEBLOCK 2] EP15 - HEN HOUSE, EGG BED, FUN HOUSE & BONE WHITE CHICKEN (QUEST GUIDE)

In this episode, JackleWolf continues on his quest journey by completing the "Hen House" quest, by building a "Roost" and stocking it with Chickens, the "Egg Bed" quest by crafting a 'Egg Nest' and using it to hatch a Bone White Chicken Egg, and the "Fun House" quest by building a "Chicken Breeder" and using it to breed two chickens together to improve their stats.

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
And the latest Stoneblock 2 5-Min vids!

[STONEBLOCK 2] EP16 - ROOST COLLECTOR, THE NUMBERS & CRAFTED CHICKENS (QUEST GUIDE)

In this episode, JackleWolf continues on his quest journey by completing the "Roost Colector" quest, by building a "Roost Collector" and setting it to collect items from the Roosts, the "Numbers, What do they Mean" quest by crafting a "Chicken Analyzer" and using it to check out the statistics on a Chicken. He also crafts a 'Log Chicken Egg', a 'Lapis Blue Chicken Egg', a 'Sand Chicken Egg', a 'Red Chicken Egg', a 'Flint Chicken Egg', a 'Cactus Green Chicken Egg', a 'Yellow Chicken Egg' and a 'Cocoa Brown Chicken Egg'.

[STONEBLOCK 2] EP17 - QUARTZ CHICKEN, COMPACTING DRAWER & DRAWER CONTROLLER (QUEST GUIDE)

In this episode, JackleWolf continues on his quest journey by completing the "Compacting Drawer", the "Drawer Controller" and the "Controller Slave" quests. He also crafts a Quartz Chicken.

[STONEBLOCK 2] EP18 - CRAFTABLE FLUID COWS (QUEST GUIDE)

In this episode, JackleWolf continues on his quest journey by completing the 'Craftable' Fluid Cow quests by building a 'Fluid Cow: Milk', a 'Fluid Cow: Water', a 'Fluid Cow: Lava' and a 'Fluid Cow: Seared Stone'. JackleWolf also demonstrates how to dry leather and spawn/buy cows and cow spawn eggs as an alternate method of getting fluid cows.

[STONEBLOCK 2] EP19 - RANCHING - COW STALL (QUEST GUIDE)

In this episode, JackleWolf continues on his quest journey by completing the 'Rancher' quest [build a Cow Stall]. This involves first obtaining grey dye (Floral Fertalizer - Mystical Gray Flowers - Grey Petals - Morter & Pedestal - Gray Dye). He then uses a Fluid Tank and a Casting Basin to collect and store the Fluid Cow output.

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Another 5-Min update.

[SKYFACTORY 4] EP09 - BONSAI POTS, HOPPING BONSAI, WOODEN HOPPER & FERTILE SOIL (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to craft and use the regular Bonsai Pots and the Hopping Bonsai's. He also crafts a Whopper (wooden hopper) and shows the recipe for Fertile Soil.

[SKYFACTORY 4] EP10 - REDSTONE AND LEAD SAPLINGS & CLEAR ITEM FRAMES (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to craft the Redstone Sapling by gathering some Red Dye from a Red Flower grown on a Grass Block with a piece of Bone Meal. He also crafts the Lead Sapling by creating some Lead Amber with some Lapis from a Lapis block, melts it in the Melter and casts it on top of a Dark Oak Sapling. As a bonus, Jackel demonstrates how to craft and use the Cleare Item Frames.

[SKYFACTORY 4] EP11 - MARKET, BLUE SLIME SAPLING, MOB SEEDS & GREEN SLIMY DIRT (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to craft a Blue Slime Sapling and a Green Slimy Dirt block. This requires the use of a Market to purchase regular and Cow Seeds, which allows us to grow Wheat, Corn and cows (also Pig Seeds to grow a pig). With the Milk we can make the Sapling and the Green Slimy block. He also creates a Cobble Hog with a Cobble Mud Bucket.

[SKYFACTORY 4] EP12 - GOLD SAPLING, SILVER SAPLING & MENRIL SAPLING (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to craft a Gold Sapling and a Silver Sapling. This will require a Menril Sapling, a Grinder, some White and Black Dyed Water to make some Light Gray Dyed water.

Thanks everyone!

Jackel Wolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
Another set of vids:

[SKYFACTORY 4] EP13 - DIAMOND SAPLING, CRAFTING SLAB & OBSIDIAN (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to craft a Diamond sapling and use the Diamond Acorns to get a Diamond. He also goves over the Slab advancement and crafts a Crafting Slab, and finally, he ends off by creating some Obsidian with a Cauldron of Lava and some water.

[SKYFACTORY 4] EP14 - BACON SAPLING, SUGAR CANE, SNAD & PORKCHOP (HELP/TUTORIAL)

We are getting closer to finishing off the first page of the Advancement book. This episode we focus on the Bacon Sapling. This is a complicated sapling that requires multiple steps to craft. Along the way we will need to gather some Sugar from Sugarcane seeds, Bacon from Pork Chops and grow some crops with a Sprinkler and Watering Can.

[SKYFACTORY 4] EP15 - DONUT SAPLING & SANDWICH STATION (HELP/TUTORIAL)

We are getting closer to finishing off the first page of the Advancement book. This episode we focus on getting a Donut Sapling by crafting some Dough and turning it into Cooked Dough and then finally a Donut! We then use use the Donut and some Bacon to craft a Quintuplet Bacon Sandwich in a Sandwich Station.

[SKYFACTORY 4] EP16 - WOODEN CRATE, METAL CRATE AND SHIPPING CONTAINER (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode Jackel Wolf crafts and compares the Wooden Crate, the Metal Crate and teh Shipping container from the Barrels, Drums, Storage & More mod pack. To accomplish this he also builds a Forging Hammer and uses it to make Iron Plates.

Thanks a lot guys!

Jackel Wolf

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
And finally, for this posting session, some more special episodes.

[SKYFACTORY 4] SPECIAL #05 - FLUID COLLECTOR - HOW TO EXPAND IN LIQUID LAVA/ENDER (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to set up expand out from spawn in the 'Ender the Sea' (Resonant Ender) and the 'Lava Factory' (Lava) World Type. This requires a Fluid Collector (swaps Fluid blocks for Solid blocks) and a power source. We are also going to have to produce some Netherrack, Pulverized Coal/Charcoal, Sulfur Dust and Niter for some Gunpowder.

[SKYFACTORY 4] SPECIAL #06 - HOW TO USE HORSE GRINDSTONE, CHOPPING BLOCK & PRESS (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates the 3x Horse powered machines, the Horse Grindstone, Horse Press, and the Horse Chopping Block. While these have a limited scope of usefulness, they are a mechanically unique block. These blocks do require a couple of Leads, so you will need access to some slime and some Horse Seeds from a Market.

[SKYFACTORY 4] SPECIAL #07 SYNC MOD: TREADMILL, SHELL CONSTRUCTOR & STORAGE (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to clone oneself with the use of the Sync Mod, by crafting a Treadmill, a Shell Constructor and a Shell Storage, and powering the whole thing with pigs. This system can be used as a form of teleportation between different Storage with different clones.

[SKYFACTORY 4] SPECIAL #08: MOB FARM / GRINDER UPGRADE (HELP/TUTORIAL)

This episode, JackelWolf demonstrates how to build and upgrade a Mob Farm or Grinder. He uses Iron Spikes and Diamond Spikes and upgrades it to a Mob Masher. He also uses a Mob Fan and and Item Collector. Most of these items come from the mob_grinding_utils mod pack.

Thanks!

Jackel Wolf