1.7.x Packs Yet!? [Mindcrack/DW20/Ultimate/Lite/Horizons/Monster/Unleashed/Unhinged/Tech/Magic/etc]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dodgythoughts

Jul 29, 2019
"Also, your prayers have been answered and Extra Bees/Trees 1.8-dev1 is out now for Minecraft 1.6.2 - adf.ly/Uhqza
10:38am - 28 Aug 13"

From binnies twitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

ahclucku

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I Just joined today!!! Wooo!!!

I had a quick question....

I'm currently playing the 1.4.7 DW20 pack, however my world was recently corrupted due to a hard crash from my computer. SO I was thinking of moving up to the DW20 1.5 v2 pack and starting all over. So my question is>> When these 1.6 packs come out....will I need to start a new world again? or will they update from the current 1.5 packs to 1.6?

Thanks in advance for the answer. Love the site.

Rob.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019

I'm currently playing the 1.4.7 DW20 pack, however my world was recently corrupted due to a hard crash from my computer. SO I was thinking of moving up to the DW20 1.5 v2 pack and starting all over. So my question is>> When these 1.6 packs come out....will I need to start a new world again? or will they update from the current 1.5 packs to 1.6?

Rob.

Welcome to the forums! Theoretically, yes, you will be able to upgrade. Obviously, if any mods are removed, then their stuff will disappear, and any new world gen will not appear. Also note that the liquid system has been completely changed so you will use your mod liquids. I would definitely recommend the 1.5 packs over 1.4 though, whether they are upgradable or not.

Dodgythoughts

Jul 29, 2019

Rob.

upgrading a world through a major revision, could possibly be done, but its alot of work. you have to match id's etc, (if you watch yogscast sjin and sips, they upgraded their world, and pipes all turned to sand)

this late in the process, i'd probably mess around in creative, get to know the mods (1.5 packs are very different to 1.4, so many changes/additions)
and start fresh with 1.6 when it comes out.

use it as a chance to play with mods you havent before.

Ro Sk

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, for Extra Bees/Trees is a development version for 1.6.2 out. Please update this.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
That is probably due to the list being out of date since Bigglesworth is the one maintaining it and it's been weeks since he was last on the forums.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
That is probably due to the list being out of date since Bigglesworth is the one maintaining it and it's been weeks since he was last on the forums.
Less than two weeks. I guess we might need to transition this info to a new sheet & maintainer & thread if he's gone for much longer, if only as an interim measure 'till he comes back.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Less than two weeks. I guess we might need to transition this info to a new sheet & maintainer & thread if he's gone for much longer, if only as an interim measure 'till he comes back.

I'd probably be able to start mine up again for 1.6.2 if Bigglesworth doesn't seem to come back. I'm kind of getting back into Minecraft again (after a few months of doing other stuff), so I can spend time on that again, and will probably be updating my mod too.