1.7.x Packs Yet!? [Mindcrack/DW20/Ultimate/Lite/Horizons/Monster/Unleashed/Unhinged/Tech/Magic/etc]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KoreRekon

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like there will be map compatibility issues when updating to 1.6. The new vanilla hay bale has the ID 170, which is currently used by Natura's heat sand.
Code:
170: hayBlock from Unknown - HeatSand from Natura

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
It looks like there will be map compatibility issues when updating to 1.6. The new vanilla hay bale has the ID 170, which is currently used by Natura's heat sand.
Code:
170: hayBlock from Unknown - HeatSand from Natura
That is a Block ID problem, which is very easily fixed by going into the configs and changing it manually.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I think the liquid changes and some others will preclude any worlds being taken from 1.5 to 1.6, afaik. So luckily that shouldn't be an issue.

Now, using Item IDs that low should be addressed.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
World gen mods have no choice but to use low block IDs as the minecraft world generator is still limited by the old block ID cap. In other words for any block that is part of the games world gen the blocks ID for it cannot be above 256. Which naturally limits the available space for blocks when you have a lot of mods that modify world gen and this limited space is slowly shrinking as Mojang adds blocks to the default game. Things will get very interesting come 1.7 as well due to all the new blocks they are adding for the new biomes, which will cut even deeper into the available range.

Reactions: KoreRekon

Dodgythoughts

Jul 29, 2019
I have to agree, but I'll take the it's done when it's done stance as it likely will take a bit for the FTB team to get compatibility settled as we saw with Unleashed/hinged.

No doubt, there might also be additions to the mod list etc and beta versions.

I made up my own 1.6.2 pack using all the available mods i could get my hands on, and it wasnt easy!

NEI has the ability to dump all ID's etc to txt file, but you have to actually get in game for that, which means, loading it many times with different sets of mods then combining the lists etc.

someone needs to make a simple java app that parses the config files and spits out the ID's into a csv file.
that way you could do them all at once.

and even when you get all the id's sorted theres occasional issues between mods etc.

if only they could make forge hand out id's during first time load, ie mod x requests 2 id's and mod y requests 10 id's and it just assigns them from a pool of available id's and the mod sets its config (otherwise it could change every time you loaded the game)
that way you wouldnt have any issues, unless you hit the id caps.

cloudbyday90

Jul 29, 2019
No doubt, there might also be additions to the mod list etc and beta versions.

I made up my own 1.6.2 pack using all the available mods i could get my hands on, and it wasnt easy!

NEI has the ability to dump all ID's etc to txt file, but you have to actually get in game for that, which means, loading it many times with different sets of mods then combining the lists etc.

someone needs to make a simple java app that parses the config files and spits out the ID's into a csv file.
that way you could do them all at once.

and even when you get all the id's sorted theres occasional issues between mods etc.

if only they could make forge hand out id's during first time load, ie mod x requests 2 id's and mod y requests 10 id's and it just assigns them from a pool of available id's and the mod sets its config (otherwise it could change every time you loaded the game)
that way you wouldnt have any issues, unless you hit the id caps.

I am using ID resolver to deal with conflicts. The 1.6.2 version (I think was updated by a third party), saves a ID conflict.txt file. It'll display the conflicts and give you what ID ranges are free to use. Seriously the best thing!