1.7.x Packs Yet!? [Mindcrack/DW20/Ultimate/Lite/Horizons/Monster/Unleashed/Unhinged/Tech/Magic/etc]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

xshearerx

Jul 29, 2019
Dodgythoughts, you're a winner! It's not that I'm inpatients but its always better to know how close something is. Thanks for updating the spreadsheet :D

Dodgythoughts

Jul 29, 2019
Original MFFS updated

1. Minalien@Minalien
    34m
    Note that this is a direct port from the 1.5.2 builds. The new features and setup will be available for Minecraft 1.7 instead!
    Details
  2. 9a1c290052878aa1660db3d10f6f0752_normal.png
    Minalien@Minalien
    35m
    MFFS is now available for 1.6.2 - http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/modular-forcefield-system While we wait for the file to be approved by Curse: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29967996/MFFS-2.5.0.zip
    Details

Vilsol

Jul 29, 2019
Original MFFS updated

1. Minalien@Minalien
    34m
    Note that this is a direct port from the 1.5.2 builds. The new features and setup will be available for Minecraft 1.7 instead!
    Details
  2. 9a1c290052878aa1660db3d10f6f0752_normal.png

Minalien@Minalien
    35m
    MFFS is now available for 1.6.2 - http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/modular-forcefield-system While we wait for the file to be approved by Curse: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29967996/MFFS-2.5.0.zip
    Details
Thanks for posting that, list is updated and sorted in groups.

RX14

Jul 29, 2019
MFR and Powercrystals core are in public DEV by samrg474. Dunno weather you want to change the NO to DEV. Also elloraam tweeted on the 29th august....

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Eloraam tweeted out last month that she was hoping to make a big announcement about red power by then but it was taking longer then she expected due to her addiction to DOTA 2. In other words it is being developed but very slowly due to other more entertaining priorities that are taking up her limited free time.

One thing to always remember is that modding is nothing more then a fun hobby used to occupy free time and to improve ones programing skills, it is not a job nor should it be. So ultimately she has no real obligation to ever update the mod beyond the demands of her fans and her own enjoyment. The same applies to all mods really and their developers.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Eloraam tweeted out last month that she was hoping to make a big announcement about red power by then but it was taking longer then she expected due to her addiction to DOTA 2. In other words it is being developed but very slowly due to other more entertaining priorities that are taking up her limited free time.

One thing to always remember is that modding is nothing more then a fun hobby used to occupy free time and to improve ones programing skills, it is not a job nor should it be. So ultimately she has no real obligation to ever update the mod beyond the demands of her fans and her own enjoyment. The same applies to all mods really and their developers.

Nono.. Eloraam tweeted the following:
Code:
I was hoping to have a big announcement by now, but things are taking more time than I expected.  Who's bright idea was DOTA anyway?
Notice that there is zero mention of RedPower or even Minecraft in that statement? There is no indication of any developer version of any kind or even progress by Eloraam on RedPower. The last statement she said about RP2 was back on July 11th, when she was referencing slow going for the 1.5.x update for RedPower. We are now pushing 1.6.x mod updates out and there has been zero updates from Eloraam since July. I'm totally fine with her stepping down from modding and focusing on her real life, that is totally her right. I do find it rather silly however that people are perpetuating this image of a secret RedPower 'Developer Version' out there in testing when there is no information to support that.

I respect Eloraam AND her right to privacy. I just don't get whomever is spreading this false information. (And please, if there IS news posted somewhere about developer versions of RP for 1.5+, point me to it.)

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
In my experience with Elo, if a dev version exists it will only be on her hard drive and no where else as she never releases any from of public beta for her mod. Nor has she ever really talked about or mentioned any info about what she is working on with the outside world. In fact the only time that I know of her doing anything close to this was with her short time on forge craft. How ever last I heard she quit forage craft and instead was playing on Shadowdragons (soul shard dev) server but that was a long time ago.

Not sure where you were getting that I was hinting at the existence of a public dev version or any direct evidence that one even exists.

As I said above she is not obligated to do anything with her own mod, so if she wants to keep any and all info about it's development private it is purely up to her.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Well, referencing back to the original point of the thread, RedPower is listed as being in 'Private Developer's Version' which there is absolutely no information anywhere to backup. I think it should just be dropped off the sheet and we can be pleasantly surprised if it turns up that Eloraam's been hard and work and a version DOES show up. Until that point.. seems rather silly to list it as in Development for 1.6.x when 1.5.x hasn't even seen the light of day yet.