1.7.x Packs Yet!? [Mindcrack/DW20/Ultimate/Lite/Horizons/Monster/Unleashed/Unhinged/Tech/Magic/etc]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I wonder why the 1.5.x Update FTB sheet lists Mystcraft as not having worldgen. The Mystcraft villagers and their houses are surely worldgen?
Not quite. Villagers can be bred, their houses aren't made from Mystcraft blocks. I guess it is sort of a grey area, but I wouldn't count that as worldgen, quite.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to move Optifine and ShadersMod down to Extra Mods, because they aren't part of any FTB pack. Also OpenCCSensors and Ars Magica are pretty much confirmed for 1.5 too.

EDIT: Iskander: if something generates something in the world, I would count it as world gen.

biomirth

Jul 29, 2019
List is awesome, list is great, but for a "1.5 yet?" thread I think a good big link to Slow's plans and general overview of "state of the state of things" would be good in the OP and broaden the scope of the thread a lil. I know on my server we have a lot of anxious people asking each other when world go boom.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Slow is being impatient and silly at the moment to be honest. He is trying to cut out mods before 1/4 of them are even done cooking because he is itching to see the numbers 1.5.1 in his launcher. I am not convinced his current version of the state of things will be his actual state of things in 2-3 weeks. It is just causing confusion and strife. If he is adding mods, then I will add them to the list as well. I wont use a swift removing them though unless it seems to be a stable and lasting decision esp in terms of removing ones that will screw up worlds.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019

Kiwisz

Jul 29, 2019
Looked a bit more into it and apparently SeargeDP and Minalien are going to be updating it and according to Minalien's blog, yes they are going to be adding new features over time
http://minalien.com/

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. Didnt even know there were two branches going on MFFS.

wtf.

I'll assume Thunderdarks supported version will be what most packs use, and the UE one will be what that particular pack uses.

So Ill change MFFS back to IC2 section I guess.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Slow is being impatient and silly at the moment to be honest. He is trying to cut out mods before 1/4 of them are even done cooking because he is itching to see the numbers 1.5.1 in his launcher. I am not convinced his current version of the state of things will be his actual state of things in 2-3 weeks. It is just causing confusion and strife. If he is adding mods, then I will add them to the list as well. I wont use a swift removing them though unless it seems to be a stable and lasting decision esp in terms of removing ones that will screw up worlds.
Eh, you misread what he said, then. He isn't updating the Ultimate pack until 1.6. What mods will be removed/added will be finalized then. The 1.5.1 pack, which is releasing this week or next, is completely separate, and not in the upgrade path for Ultimate.

As far as Direwolf20 and Mindcrack packs go, those are not his to maintain.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I am not saying it isn't 1.5.1 ready. But if you see Slow's Stream, he was testing the pack, and didn't have Extra Biomes.
Which may not mean much. If he had an older version of Ars Magica in that test pack, it had an outdated version of the EBXL API, which caused a crash at start up. Removing EBXL temporarily was the only work around.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I am not saying it isn't 1.5.1 ready. But if you see Slow's Stream, he was testing the pack, and didn't have Extra Biomes.

I can't imagine why. EBXL is well supported... I wonder if it's a permissions thing.[DOUBLEPOST=1366590206][/DOUBLEPOST]
Which may not mean much. If he had an older version of Ars Magica in that test pack, it had an outdated version of the EBXL API, which caused a crash at start up. Removing EBXL temporarily was the only work around.

Untrue. You could unzip the jar file and remove the offending EBXL class files from the jar, then rezip it. This is in fact what I've been doing for Resonant Rise (even though I use BoP I keep EBXL integrated for compatibility).

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Added start of sort-of-kind-of automagic-updatmorphoging version column. It may or may not burst into flames at any moment.