[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
1.2.0 is still not in the launcher. :/
Prepare for me not to be the only person to say it but:
The FTB Third Party team is a group of people who do this in their free time. They receive hundreds of pack updates and so it takes them time to verify each pack and its mods, process it for the launcher, and have it go up. Now with it being this close to the holidays, we can't expect them to dedicate all their time to checking and updating packs.
Long story short, it will happen, just be patient.

Reactions: Yulife

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
Prepare for me not to be the only person to say it but:
The FTB Third Party team is a group of people who do this in their free time. They receive hundreds of pack updates and so it takes them time to verify each pack and its mods, process it for the launcher, and have it go up. Now with it being this close to the holidays, we can't expect them to dedicate all their time to checking and updating packs.
Long story short, it will happen, just be patient.

Actually, I'm curious to know why more modpack authors don't go for ATL over FTB. ATL seems like it's a bit easier to deal with since it isn't quite as Nintendo about content submissions as FTB is.

Not too bothered about it, just curious. I use both launchers but wouldn't mind knowing the benefits from those experienced with their submission processes in the event I ever manage to make a pack. (Probably not likely, at least not without employing some serious mapgen skills and hoping some mod authors greenlight me for permission but it's a nice dream regardless.)

Incidentally, I would also enjoy some Twilight Forest quests. I am familiar with the mod for the most part but I would enjoy the unique experience of a quest tree.

Curious, though, if anyone else has unusual lag issues with that dimension. My computer is pretty beefy but for some reason it causes me issues but it doesn't seem to effect others playing on the same server whose PCs are half as powerful or less than my own and it doesn't always effect me either. It's kind of a strange phenomenon that I've been curious about for a while.

Also I feel that I should mention that when my client-server connection isn't glitching out, Mine & Blade is rather fun and this modpack actually introduced me to it. I still prefer TConstruct with all the trimmings but there's something immersive about grabbing a spear and hunting for breakfast.

Speaking of TConstruct, assuming it hasn't come up before, Metallurgy please? I like having shiny new things to build with. >:3

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
Metallurgy is a pain, it doesn't add a lot of usefulness, and just leaves people lost as to what the progression is.

Energy question: What do people use early on? I've just bumped an ender IO stirling engine up to dual layer capacitor, which has made a big difference, but I'm still very short on power.

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I'm curious to know why more modpack authors don't go for ATL over FTB. ATL seems like it's a bit easier to deal with since it isn't quite as Nintendo about content submissions as FTB is.
I would have to say its probably for two reasons why people pick FTB over ATL or Technic.
  1. Having helped put together a pack on ATL, I would say FTB is much easier in the fact that you are not responsible for making it so the pack downloads and runs properly off the launcher (I can't think of the correct words for it, just know that FTB is less work than ATL for the user I guess).
  2. FTB has created a great name for itself over the years and so more people are going to see a pack if its on FTB since its more popular.
I for one chose FTB mainly for the first reason, but this conversation doesn't really belong here I just felt like you deserved a proper answer. :)

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
I would have to say its probably for two reasons why people pick FTB over ATL or Technic.
  1. Having helped put together a pack on ATL, I would say FTB is much easier in the fact that you are not responsible for making it so the pack downloads and runs properly off the launcher (I can't think of the correct words for it, just know that FTB is less work than ATL for the user I guess).
  2. FTB has created a great name for itself over the years and so more people are going to see a pack if its on FTB since its more popular.
I for one chose FTB mainly for the first reason, but this conversation doesn't really belong here I just felt like you deserved a proper answer. :)

Yeah it probably is too off-topic. I was fairly interested in the pack author's answer though, I don't know why. I think it's because he's the most accessible and also seems to share a lot of similar interests/playstyles to me as opposed to other pack creators, although I appreciate any insight others who have done this before offer. I figured the second reason was a given, ATL hasn't been around as long and Technic was a very well deserved bad reputation but the first reason is the exact opposite of what I assumed because ATL doesn't moderate nearly as heavily as FTB does with quality control. Gives me something to think about and look into at some point.

On-topic: Metallurgy's primary function is adding new ores to dig up, but it has integration with TConstruct as well. I never found its progression to be any more confusing than any other minecraft mod that adds new tool materials (so pretty much all the tech mods) and it's especially fun to have on packs with a center around exploration - I am not sure if this is such a pack but it does seem that way to me with how much I enjoy just grabbing a backpack, picking a direction, and wandering as far as I can. It has one downside though: It adds a LOT of ore and that apparently causes some lag on weaker machines when loading new chunks. One of my friends uses the 1.7.2 version on her laptop because the 1.7.10 version causes her too much lag. Being that my PC is a monster I built to withstand the rigors of playing beta games and using 2-3 resource-hogging programs at once I have been unable to test this myself though.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just a suggestion, but in the next big patch, could you add RotaryCraft? It's a pretty neat tech mod.

Also, is the archmage's coven chapter gonna be about Ars Magica 2?
7214397e05.png

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I know better than most people how much work it takes to create quest trees for any game, but that doesn't change my feelings about holiday stuff being pointless and you don't need to get all holier-than-thou about it either. If you like it that's your business, but binging my name into it was totally unnecessary.
Some find it pointless, some find it fun. For me, it was entertaining to do. With doing the Christmas stuff I learnt to
#1 Texture
#2 Do .json (which I couldn't do before, lol)

So it was a win-win situation for me and the userbase. It was quite fun as well :)

Reactions: Kazekai

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @Yulife remember the binnie and rail raft thread I opened a day ago. Well asie posted a solution to the problem (link here https://github.com/BuildCraft/BuildCraft/issues/2283) I tested it with your pack and all you need to do is follow the instructions and update computertronics and boom you have the new railcraft and binnies mods working without a crash.
Awesome! I applied at the Github issue already, 2.x will have it :)
Actually, I think 1.2.0 will be the last version that includes and changes stuff. From now on I am just going to do weekly mod updates so that I can focus on all the stuff that 2.x will need.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just a suggestion, but in the next big patch, could you add RotaryCraft? It's a pretty neat tech mod.

Also, is the archmage's coven chapter gonna be about Ars Magica 2?
By the way, if you look at the Server section you will a server called "FeedTheKaa" which @DorinnB is hosting. Please contact him if you want to get on!!! :)

Reactions: DorinnB

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
Some find it pointless, some find it fun. For me, it was entertaining to do. With doing the Christmas stuff I learnt to
#1 Texture
#2 Do .json (which I couldn't do before, lol)

So it was a win-win situation for me and the userbase. It was quite fun as well :)

I'm glad you got something out of it. I always give people my honest opinion of something, but in some cases I worry about discouraging them. I choose to not let that impede my judgement knowing it does them a disservice to not be as forward as I can but I am always relieved when it either helps or doesn't deter people from doing something they want to. I find that sometimes doing pointless things is a great way to learn new skills as well, although mine are mostly just for art and I've barely ever done code.

I can't remember if I brought this up before but I'd love some witchery quests. I'm also starting to mess with botania which I was originally biased against because of its relation to tech mods (not a fan of energy passively building up or batteries or whatever) but I'm finding it to be a bit more involved than that.

Also, I don't claim to know your reason for not including any of Reika's mods (RotaryCraft, Chromaticraft) but if I were to guess, I'd say it's because of how strict that guy is with modpack permissions and I can easily imagine it being a headache to get him to greenlight the use of his mods. If that is the case, it might be prudent to include that in the "no" list of mods.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Going back a ways in the thread but:
# Changes the Diamond and Emerald modifier: Apply it to a BRONZE level tool to obtain diamond level. Required unless you have steel or similar. [default: true]
If you add a diamond to anything, ANYTHING, other than a bronze tool, all it will do is give you the +500 durability bonus. If you put it on a Bronze pick it will boost the mining level. I have had issues with a pick that already had a diamond when I upgraded it to bronze not working properly, but if I put the diamond on after the pick is upgraded to bronze, it works just fine. For this reason I actually change this line:
B:allowDiamond=false
because if I happen to get the diamond for free before the pick is bronze, my pick is mostly ruined.

Reactions: Yulife

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad you got something out of it. I always give people my honest opinion of something, but in some cases I worry about discouraging them. I choose to not let that impede my judgement knowing it does them a disservice to not be as forward as I can but I am always relieved when it either helps or doesn't deter people from doing something they want to. I find that sometimes doing pointless things is a great way to learn new skills as well, although mine are mostly just for art and I've barely ever done code.

I can't remember if I brought this up before but I'd love some witchery quests. I'm also starting to mess with botania which I was originally biased against because of its relation to tech mods (not a fan of energy passively building up or batteries or whatever) but I'm finding it to be a bit more involved than that.

Also, I don't claim to know your reason for not including any of Reika's mods (RotaryCraft, Chromaticraft) but if I were to guess, I'd say it's because of how strict that guy is with modpack permissions and I can easily imagine it being a headache to get him to greenlight the use of his mods. If that is the case, it might be prudent to include that in the "no" list of mods.
I think it's easy to get a modpack with reika's mods it's just you can't minetweak reicpes which could unbalance the modpack

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
Fun fact, you are not allowed to minetweak Reika's recipes because it is against the lisence.

as I understand it you also aren't allowed to utilize his mods in ways he doesn't approve of either, that includes just playing the game with his mods installed in a way he doesn't like. He actually called someone an idiot just because they chose to creative-spawn in a piece of his mod and then asked him why two components weren't working. He did answer the guy, after about a paragraph of needless hostility, and the fact they creative-spawned in something had nothing to do with why it wasn't even working.

I don't really know him, but I avoid him. If the first page of his forum thread is any indication of his disposition, he seems like a toxic individual who would cause too much unnecessary stress to bother with.

They're his mods, he can do what he wants with them, I just don't agree with it, or his methods of "retaliating" against people who say bad things about him.

It's such a shame, too. I like GeoStrata.

Last edited:
Reactions: FnDragon and Yulife

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
as I understand it you also aren't allowed to utilize his mods in ways he doesn't approve of either, that includes just playing the game with his mods installed in a way he doesn't like. He actually called someone an idiot just because they chose to creative-spawn in a piece of his mod and then asked him why two components weren't working. He did answer the guy, after about a paragraph of needless hostility, and the fact they creative-spawned in something had nothing to do with why it wasn't even working.

I don't really know him, but I avoid him. If the first page of his forum thread is any indication of his disposition, he seems like a toxic individual who would cause too much unnecessary stress to bother with.

They're his mods, he can do what he wants with them, I just don't agree with it, or his methods of "retaliating" against people who say bad things about him.
Yeah, I find it more than hilarious as well. Mods are for playing and if a mod author restricts them so badly that you can hardly customize content it is a big NOPE for me.

Orien

Jul 29, 2019
Ever thought of using Quadrum for adding blocks and items? In my opinion it is much easier to use than tabula rasa. Either still great looking modpack!

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Ever thought of using Quadrum for adding blocks and items? In my opinion it is much easier to use than tabula rasa. Either still great looking modpack!
Actually, it is much harder to use than Tabula Rasa. TR is way more simpler to use than Quadrum. Also, Quadrum crashes with BetterStorage so it is a nono at the moment. CustomItems looks promising though.