[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Discussion in 'Public Packs' started by Yulife, Oct 13, 2014.

1. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

Well after that negative response from Kazekai, I'd like to say I'm enjoying the Christmas stuff quite a lot! The textures and recipes are pretty nice, I've been living off of Eggnog-Frosted Cupcakes and I thought the quest was a thoughtful addition. Keep up the little things like that Yulife, it sets you aside from other modpacks. Whenever you linked me the github changes for version 2.X (my IGN is Deadlocked212) on IRC I saw that you are removing NEI Plugins, why? I'm not sure what that mod exactly does but I thought it was a staple? Is NEI Integration replacing it? Also, will IC2 or the Twilight Forest have any quest chapters in the future?

2. Yulife

Yulife New Member

Wow, finally some nice input ^-^ NEI Plugins is indeed getting replaced by NEI Integration so no worries there ;) Optional mods like IC2 will never have quests, however, I am not quite sure about the Twilight Forest... maybe in the future? It could be similar to the End quest chapter. Would be a nice addition, eh?

3. preceptor_teeth

preceptor_teeth New Member

I'd love to see a twilight forest questline! I'm fascinated by it, but it usually is an afterthought so I never seem to give it the attention it deserves.

I've heard that building HQM quests can be difficult and time consuming, so I really appreciate your work on this! If I were interested in learning to build HQM quests, can you recommend a good place to start?

Yulife likes this.
  4. Yulife

Yulife New Member

What do you mean to start?

5. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

No problem, I don't think a lot of these people realize how much work it takes to stay on top of things so well like you do and then add more stuff just for fun. I think the Twilight Forest would be really cool since it already has a sense of progression since you have to fight bosses in a certain order to safely get to the next area.

6. RehabOholic

RehabOholic New Member

I thought I read it somewhere, but I just got around to updating! For the added quest, will that update my current worlds quest's, or do I need to start a new world?

7. Yulife

Yulife New Member

Uploading 1.2.0. Nothing too big, just a few very important hotfixes.
    Changelog:

Additions:
    None

Removals:
    None

Changes:
    -New Botania lens
    -Carpenter's Blocks is now stable

Fixes:
    -Disabled Pneumaticraft's grass bonemeal effect - #303
    -Bucket exploit with IguanaTweaks was fixed - #56
    -IguanaTinkerTweaks not compatible with Tinkers' Weaponry
    -Creative Menu won't crash - #292
    -EiraIRC is now optional for servers

Odovbold and preceptor_teeth like this.
  8. Yulife

Yulife New Member

Yes, it will work fine with your old world.

9. preceptor_teeth

Start learning how HQM works under the covers.

10. Yulife

Yulife New Member

Well... the core aspects are:

#1 Rowing quests logically
    #2 Thought of balance
    #3 Good writing (Proper grammar, diverse language)
    #4 Creativity

preceptor_teeth likes this.
  11. DeadlyPacker

DeadlyPacker New Member

#5 Try not to jump off a cliff after failing.

Yulife likes this.
  12. preceptor_teeth

Thanks, sounds like good advice! I was thinking of a more practical approach of how to get started, for example:

http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Hardcore_Questing_Mode:_An_In-Depth_Guide

This link has what seems to be a good start, but all the pics/links are broken. Did you just jump in and figure it out for yourself when you got started?

13. Yulife

Yulife New Member

Do you have Skype? I could give you an in-depth guide ^^"

preceptor_teeth likes this.
  14. DorinnB

DorinnB New Member

can't wait to test 1.2.0 :p

thanks for your effort & time to give us pleasure.

Edit : damn, I will be kick from mediafire for too much F5 :p

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    Yulife likes this.
  15. preceptor_teeth

Wow, thanks for the offer! I had a Skype account once upon a time (pre-Microsoft acquisition), but haven't used it in ages. Once I get home this evening, I'll see about getting it set up again.

Yulife likes this.
  16. Bril

Bril New Member

After the recent update I am finding crafting to be a huge problem. Any time I open, place items into or take items out of a crafting window the game freezes up for a good couple of seconds. Didn't experience this problem before.

17. Puzzlebark

Puzzlebark New Member

Hey, just a suggestion, but in the next big patch, could you add RotaryCraft? It's a pretty neat tech mod.

Also, is the archmage's coven chapter gonna be about Ars Magica 2?

18. Odovbold

Odovbold New Member

Wondering why you get IguanaTinkerTweaks in the first time?

Even XP and random upgrades of tools are fun, it has many non-sense restrictions and quite confusing...

19. pancakemaster24

pancakemaster24 New Member

Hey @Yulife remember the binnie and rail raft thread I opened a day ago. Well asie posted a solution to the problem (link here https://github.com/BuildCraft/BuildCraft/issues/2283) I tested it with your pack and all you need to do is follow the instructions and update computertronics and boom you have the new railcraft and binnies mods working without a crash.

Yulife and asiekierka like this.
  20. Kazekai

Kazekai New Member

I am so saving that image :p

I know better than most people how much work it takes to create quest trees for any game, but that doesn't change my feelings about holiday stuff being pointless and you don't need to get all holier-than-thou about it either. If you like it that's your business, but binging my name into it was totally unnecessary.

Oh thank gods, that IRC mod is so annoying. That'll make our server guy happy since he won't have to go in and manually dig it out anymore. We're an insular bunch that stick to our private servers and TS chats. ;v

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014