[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

MonkeyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Well after that negative response from Kazekai, I'd like to say I'm enjoying the Christmas stuff quite a lot! The textures and recipes are pretty nice, I've been living off of Eggnog-Frosted Cupcakes and I thought the quest was a thoughtful addition. Keep up the little things like that Yulife, it sets you aside from other modpacks. Whenever you linked me the github changes for version 2.X (my IGN is Deadlocked212) on IRC I saw that you are removing NEI Plugins, why? I'm not sure what that mod exactly does but I thought it was a staple? Is NEI Integration replacing it? Also, will IC2 or the Twilight Forest have any quest chapters in the future?

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Well after that negative response from Kazekai, I'd like to say I'm enjoying the Christmas stuff quite a lot! The textures and recipes are pretty nice, I've been living off of Eggnog-Frosted Cupcakes and I thought the quest was a thoughtful addition. Keep up the little things like that Yulife, it sets you aside from other modpacks. Whenever you linked me the github changes for version 2.X (my IGN is Deadlocked212) on IRC I saw that you are removing NEI Plugins, why? I'm not sure what that mod exactly does but I thought it was a staple? Is NEI Integration replacing it? Also, will IC2 or the Twilight Forest have any quest chapters in the future?
Wow, finally some nice input ^-^ NEI Plugins is indeed getting replaced by NEI Integration so no worries there ;) Optional mods like IC2 will never have quests, however, I am not quite sure about the Twilight Forest... maybe in the future? It could be similar to the End quest chapter. Would be a nice addition, eh?

preceptor_teeth

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, finally some nice input ^-^ NEI Plugins is indeed getting replaced by NEI Integration so no worries there ;) Optional mods like IC2 will never have quests, however, I am not quite sure about the Twilight Forest... maybe in the future? It could be similar to the End quest chapter. Would be a nice addition, eh?

I'd love to see a twilight forest questline! I'm fascinated by it, but it usually is an afterthought so I never seem to give it the attention it deserves.

I've heard that building HQM quests can be difficult and time consuming, so I really appreciate your work on this! If I were interested in learning to build HQM quests, can you recommend a good place to start?

Reactions: Yulife

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to see a twilight forest questline! I'm fascinated by it, but it usually is an afterthought so I never seem to give it the attention it deserves.

I've heard that building HQM quests can be difficult and time consuming, so I really appreciate your work on this! If I were interested in learning to build HQM quests, can you recommend a good place to start?
What do you mean to start?

MonkeyMan

Jul 29, 2019
No problem, I don't think a lot of these people realize how much work it takes to stay on top of things so well like you do and then add more stuff just for fun. I think the Twilight Forest would be really cool since it already has a sense of progression since you have to fight bosses in a certain order to safely get to the next area.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I read it somewhere, but I just got around to updating! For the added quest, will that update my current worlds quest's, or do I need to start a new world?

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Uploading 1.2.0. Nothing too big, just a few very important hotfixes.
Changelog:

Additions:
None

Removals:
None

Changes:
-New Botania lens
-Carpenter's Blocks is now stable

Fixes:
-Disabled Pneumaticraft's grass bonemeal effect - #303
-Bucket exploit with IguanaTweaks was fixed - #56
-IguanaTinkerTweaks not compatible with Tinkers' Weaponry
-Creative Menu won't crash - #292
-EiraIRC is now optional for servers

preceptor_teeth

Jul 29, 2019
Well... the core aspects are:

#1 Rowing quests logically
#2 Thought of balance
#3 Good writing (Proper grammar, diverse language)
#4 Creativity

Thanks, sounds like good advice! I was thinking of a more practical approach of how to get started, for example:

http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Hardcore_Questing_Mode:_An_In-Depth_Guide

This link has what seems to be a good start, but all the pics/links are broken. Did you just jump in and figure it out for yourself when you got started?

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: preceptor_teeth

DorinnB

Jul 29, 2019
can't wait to test 1.2.0 :p

thanks for your effort & time to give us pleasure.

Edit : damn, I will be kick from mediafire for too much F5 :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Yulife

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
After the recent update I am finding crafting to be a huge problem. Any time I open, place items into or take items out of a crafting window the game freezes up for a good couple of seconds. Didn't experience this problem before.

Puzzlebark

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just a suggestion, but in the next big patch, could you add RotaryCraft? It's a pretty neat tech mod.

Also, is the archmage's coven chapter gonna be about Ars Magica 2?

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand IguanaTinkerTweaks either, that is the problem, haha. I wish an expert would enlighten me =/ I disabled its Harvest Level Tweaks already but some stuff is still weird. I really need someone who knows a lot about it.
Wondering why you get IguanaTinkerTweaks in the first time?

Even XP and random upgrades of tools are fun, it has many non-sense restrictions and quite confusing...

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
spkyrll.gif

I am so saving that image :p

No problem, I don't think a lot of these people realize how much work it takes to stay on top of things so well like you do and then add more stuff just for fun. I think the Twilight Forest would be really cool since it already has a sense of progression since you have to fight bosses in a certain order to safely get to the next area.

I know better than most people how much work it takes to create quest trees for any game, but that doesn't change my feelings about holiday stuff being pointless and you don't need to get all holier-than-thou about it either. If you like it that's your business, but binging my name into it was totally unnecessary.

Uploading 1.2.0. Nothing too big, just a few very important hotfixes.
Changelog:

Additions:
None

Removals:
None

Changes:
-New Botania lens
-Carpenter's Blocks is now stable

Fixes:
-Disabled Pneumaticraft's grass bonemeal effect - #303
-Bucket exploit with IguanaTweaks was fixed - #56
-IguanaTinkerTweaks not compatible with Tinkers' Weaponry
-Creative Menu won't crash - #292
-EiraIRC is now optional for servers

Oh thank gods, that IRC mod is so annoying. That'll make our server guy happy since he won't have to go in and manually dig it out anymore. We're an insular bunch that stick to our private servers and TS chats. ;v

Last edited: