[1.7.10] Void World HQM Map [270+ Quests|ProjectE|CustomNPCmod|Second place of JampackedII]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
I just finished the jetpack quest and got the "jetpack knowledge" item but what am I supposed to do with it?

There's also a bug: I have 5 tabs above my inventory:
Armor+2x2 crafting, reputation, quests, armor+2x2 crafting, armor+other equipment
But it won't let me access the "quests" tab, it only glitches back to the 2x2 crafting one (why are there even two of those), no matter if there an active quest or not.

Am I allowed to break e.g. crates or blocks to get to the spawners and break them?
Ow btw I forgot to mention, after you have completed the quest at leo and lara you have to hand that item "jetpack knowledge" in the hqm book. This will unlock the jetpack quests. There is no way except this one to make the npc quests and hqm book work together.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly I found a gamebreaking bug which occurs at the end of the pack. It is also listed at the front post already
-Version 1.0.0, you cannot go back after you have defeated Two bosses, you have to kill yourself if you want to get back (so it is smart to take some charm of keepings with you) Is fixed in version 1.0.1 with a teleporter quest back to your own base. But this only works if you have a new world from version 1.0.1 due I had to add a block for it on the map

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
I just finished the next patch on my dev client. I will upload the files in a sec but since my internet is derping on me it probably will be uploaded completely in about an hour/an hour and a half
In the same time I will make the server files ready so I can post the files after the SP has uploaded otherwise my internet will die. I will get better internet soon so I hope that wont be as much as a problem after that day
Here you can find a chancelog of the next patch (can also be found at the front page)

Version 1.0.1 The Server update
Link for manual update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yne95totmnawvqv/FTB Void World 1.0.1.zip?dl=0

-Updated tinkers to fix some bugs that had to due with the tinkers smeltery.
-Removed the slab reward and made the basic reward bags have less chance to have an pretty good reward.
-Updated the rewardbags and the chances to get certain items.
-Made the magnum torch have a higher EMC values and more difficult to craft early game.
-Updated what you are not allowed to break and what you are allowed to break in the map (made it more clear)
-Hopefully fixed the nether bug, now it doesnt matter where you are you just have to be in the nether to complete the location task
-Fixed an older bug that you automatically complete all the RF storage quests when you complete the first one(there might be another problem with this but that I have to see later)
-Fixed the doors of morrisson not opening after you had defeated him (might only be fixed for new worlds sadly)
-Made a new quest so you can teleport back to your home (like if you are in trouble or you cant go back) if you have the teleporter item for it. (this is only for new worlds for version 1.0.1+)
-You can now get shiny metal from a quest so you can start making enderium
-Updated the questlogs and some dialogs to make it more clear what you have to do
-Added the server files so you can play with your friends

Edit sadly because something came in my way I am not able to complete the server today with the new version. There was something wrong in the dev version of 1.0.1 so I had to fix that first and now I am out of time today. I will upload the singleplayerfiles in 5 minutes so they will be available in about an hour

Last edited:

Aiur850

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for creating and keeping the pack updated with bug fixes. I enjoy playing this.

Just one question. Do you plan on updating any of the mods in the pack to their newer versions, specifically ProjectE? I see that ProjectE is still at version 1.2.0 However the latest release is at 1.7.1 and contains many bug fixes, especially for the transmutation table when it learns too many recipes. In earlier versions it gets difficult to navigate the transmutation table/tablet when you teach it a lot of recipes. The new version adds pages to the table and fixes a lot of bugs such as null references. It even allows quickly clearing the text box by right clicking it like you can with NEI search. It makes it more user friendly and enjoyable to use.

In version 1.2.0 of ProjectE, sometimes the table bugs out and either does not give the item from the table, or gives the improper item when clicking on a recipe such as Iron ingots etc. This mainly happens when you have a lot of recipes in the table which the newer versions of ProjectE seems to fix.

Thanks for your consideration.

Reactions: RehabOholic

MyGoodLooks

Jul 29, 2019
I just started playing this pack about an hour ago and got stuck on the pigmen. After many searches and threads and videos about how to setup a pigmen farm (I knew but was doubting myself) I finally just decided to relog. That solved the pigmen not spawning. :) Loving the pack so far.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for creating and keeping the pack updated with bug fixes. I enjoy playing this.

Just one question. Do you plan on updating any of the mods in the pack to their newer versions, specifically ProjectE? I see that ProjectE is still at version 1.2.0 However the latest release is at 1.7.1 and contains many bug fixes, especially for the transmutation table when it learns too many recipes. In earlier versions it gets difficult to navigate the transmutation table/tablet when you teach it a lot of recipes. The new version adds pages to the table and fixes a lot of bugs such as null references. It even allows quickly clearing the text box by right clicking it like you can with NEI search. It makes it more user friendly and enjoyable to use.

In version 1.2.0 of ProjectE, sometimes the table bugs out and either does not give the item from the table, or gives the improper item when clicking on a recipe such as Iron ingots etc. This mainly happens when you have a lot of recipes in the table which the newer versions of ProjectE seems to fix.

Thanks for your consideration.
I am planning on doing that, but I really have to test the pack then if something doesnt break then (probably not but better safe than sure) The patch of yesterday was more for bugfixing from bugs that are in the pack itself, later I have summer vacation so I have more time to do things (still have 2 weeks of school left, so I dont have too much time right now). Then I should be able to do more bigger updates and updating mods and not break the map at the same time. As an example: In beta I updated a mod in the pack but because of that i had to update about 5 other mods too make sure to not break the map, or another one that I updated a mod and broke the map with it. I really have to test it and didnt had the time for that yesterday.

Also the pack should be updated on the launcher
Edit: Whenever I do update the mods I plan to update almost all the mods with one patch, so that will take some time to completely update the pack.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
The "Water Production" quest isn't working for me, I have a QDS set to the correct task and I have aqueous accumulators feeding water into the QDS, but the quest still shows 0 water. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: I also need netherrack to get a magma crucible but the nether is empty, where can I get it?

Last edited:

Mels

Jul 29, 2019
You wont have to start over again, you just needed to hand the item in the quest book. But for bugged/failed hqm quests see the bugs section on the front page to fix it. Amd the quest tab seems to be bugged and it is the latest version of customnpc already I have to look to it and ask the internet for myself to try to fix it

luckily, you wont have to restart. type /hqm edit into the chat and you'll get a HQM book in edit mode. open it, find the quest were you got the thing and shift left click it twice. that should restart it and just trow away the edit book and claim the quest.

love you long time!

Thank you for the 1.0.1 update.

MyGoodLooks

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a bug. Maybe I am dumb. But the Tinkers' Construct Stone Pickaxe can go into the Transmutation Table but then you can't get it back out as it is not listed. Perhaps it is overlapping the vanilla Stone Pickaxe?

Gonna just snag one out of creative so I can have a pick still. Just thought that was kind of annoying lol

Mels

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a bug. Maybe I am dumb. But the Tinkers' Construct Stone Pickaxe can go into the Transmutation Table but then you can't get it back out as it is not listed. Perhaps it is overlapping the vanilla Stone Pickaxe?

That one's sneaky, for me it shows a square brightly colored image instead of the Pick. I can take it out of the table and use it like a pick but it will be a colorful square. So I think it might be just a skin issue. You could try if you can drag something out of the top position of the table even if you don't see anything.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
That one's sneaky, for me it shows a square brightly colored image instead of the Pick. I can take it out of the table and use it like a pick but it will be a colorful square. So I think it might be just a skin issue. You could try if you can drag something out of the top position of the table even if you don't see anything.
I think this is a weird interaction between the ProjectE and tinkers. I will probably remove the emc of the pick so it wont happen again.
Also If someone is experiencing problems with that the difficulty is set to peacefull. I just noticed that when you choose easy for difficulty it wont make sure that the difficulty is set to the right one, and is not good. I am busy with fixing that problem with version 1.0.2(But you will need to do a map reset for this to work because it is an commandblock issue and I cant change them in game, for those who want to manually fix it contact me in a private chat and I will explain on how to fix it) and I will make the server affter that version so the server will contain the latest map and fixes

PerWerT

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. It seems a great pack, but we encountered some sort of bug in it. Started multiplayer had all the starting quests done, but after we went to the nether all the emc and recepies from transmutation tables were gone. Is it a bug, or a feature of projectE?

meritoc

Jul 29, 2019
I also need netherrack to get a magma crucible but the nether is empty, where can I get it?

Only(?) known method is to use a sludge boiler. To forestall the natural follow-up, the only way I know of to bootstrap rubber for MFR machines is via glue.

killerant913

Jul 29, 2019
i have a small problem... Lisa despawned or was killed on my map... and i just finished the gelid quest she has for us... just to find out she is gone... i checked on another map where she lived and she wasnt there on my main map... please can you tell me if there is any way to get her back to finish that quest

MyGoodLooks

Jul 29, 2019
Sad times. Game breaking bug it would seem. I got Tinker's Goggles and Wings out of a bag. Swapped the NPC helm for the goggles just fine and then when swapped the NPC pants (skirt actually I think) for the wings the game crashed and I can no longer log in.

Going to start again and grab a set of wings out of creative to see if I can duplicate.

EDIT: I was unable to duplicate...

EDIT again: I just realized you can chisel any pumpkin to the vanilla face and then make seeds. Not sure if that was by design but would be an easy way to get a bunch of reward bags early on for little work.

EDIT three: Charm of Life can not be placed in the Transmutation Table and the quest for Charm of Life I is not repeatable. Let me know if I am missing something as to how to complete Charm of Life II

Last edited:

KoncreteLiquids

Jul 29, 2019
I am on the 1.0.1 and ran into 2 things so far...
Basic Quest "QDM Introduction" said would flash completed yet the completion button would stay greyed out

Philosopher's Stone keeps turning into a stack of cookies or when I try to get it out of the table I only get cookies >< I solved this by leaving it in a tinkers crafting table...

I apologize if these are known here or elsewhere, I did search though

Besides that this is very interesting and you've put a great deal of thought into it, congrats!!

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I have a new patch ready for you, It was finsihed yesterday but the upload was done after I left home and just got back, they should be available for manual download and on the ftb launcher soon
Version 1.0.2 The Server Patch Part2
hopefully fixed the problem that sometimes your world stayed in creative, only for new worlds(if you want to have this fixed in your own world, only happens when you select the easy difficutly where you difficulty will be set to normal, send me a message in a private chat)
Completed the server with the latest patches, so the current server is on version 1.0.2

Aiur850

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. It seems a great pack, but we encountered some sort of bug in it. Started multiplayer had all the starting quests done, but after we went to the nether all the emc and recepies from transmutation tables were gone. Is it a bug, or a feature of projectE?

That is not a feature, but a bug in with the ProjectE version. Version 1.7.1 of ProjectE I believe fixed that issue. Player transmutation data is no longer stored in a single file with a single point of failure. Each player has their own transmutation knowledge stored in their player.dat file on the server to hopefully mitigate this issue. The pack would need to updated to resolve this in the future.

You could try manually applying the latest version of ProjectE and retesting it with the nether quest and see if the issue persists.

MyGoodLooks

Jul 29, 2019
Sad times. Game breaking bug it would seem. I got Tinker's Goggles and Wings out of a bag. Swapped the NPC helm for the goggles just fine and then when swapped the NPC pants (skirt actually I think) for the wings the game crashed and I can no longer log in.

Going to start again and grab a set of wings out of creative to see if I can duplicate.

EDIT: I was unable to duplicate...

EDIT again: I just realized you can chisel any pumpkin to the vanilla face and then make seeds. Not sure if that was by design but would be an easy way to get a bunch of reward bags early on for little work.

EDIT three: Charm of Life can not be placed in the Transmutation Table and the quest for Charm of Life I is not repeatable. Let me know if I am missing something as to how to complete Charm of Life II

I finally managed to duplicate the bug with the Tinkers' Armor. They are fine to equip so long as you craft or receive them. If you place them in the table and pull a piece out and equip it your world becomes corrupt every time.

EDIT: This is in the new 1.0.2 release