[1.7.10] Void World HQM Map [270+ Quests|ProjectE|CustomNPCmod|Second place of JampackedII]

Mythos123

Jul 29, 2019
I think i found a bug, when i complete the Quest "RF Storage" (Crafting 2 Leadstone Energy Cells) it automatically completes the 3 following Quests whitout crafting the higher Tiers of Energy Cells.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Why exactly is metallurgy in this pack? I haven't looked too far into the quest book yet, but so far it seems entirely pointless.
I am busy with expanding the smeltery quest line. And for that I want to use metallurgy in this pack. It isn't finished yet and no scripts are implemented in version 1.0.0 for metallurgy but it will come. Also version 1.0.0 is out on the launcher.
But since I am very busy with school and work last time I didnt have much time to work on it

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I am busy with expanding the smeltery quest line. And for that I want to use metallurgy in this pack. It isn't finished yet and no scripts are implemented in version 1.0.0 for metallurgy but it will come. Also version 1.0.0 is out on the launcher.
But since I am very busy with school and work last time I didnt have much time to work on it
Well I suggest making the metals required for various machines. I always cringe when I see metallurgy in a pack because few pack authors use it properly. They just throw it in on top of everything. It becomes a massive ore bloat that you never use and just ends up sitting in chests or being chucked into lava.

Some packs do use it quite well, like the ME series and BloodnBones. ME has a focus on combat and technological alchemy. The metals are incredibly useful for fighting through everything with its edited mobs. The tight fighting spaces and limited resources make different weapons and armors necessary. Parcel uses the metals throughout the pack, and they never just sit around unused.

Blood and Bones uses it marvelously. Eyamaz uses all the metals in his recipes. It's hard to find a machine recipe without something from metallurgy. The mod is used as a unifier, making all recipes seem connected, a unified pack instead of a collection of mods.

I just say this because if you only have metallurgy in there so you can make more alloys, then what's the point? At the point where you have the smeltery, you probably have fought through enough mobs that varied tools and armor are going to be pointless, as you've gotten accustomed to combat with your current gear. The smeltery building is a fortress of spawners, and not the easiest building to clear. Especially when you open up the smelteries for the spawners inside. If you can clear that, then you can clear anything without better weapons or armor. So if you're going to have metallurgy, please actually use the metals for more than just tools. Make them useful throughout instead of just there to be there.

Reactions: NunoAgapito

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Well I suggest making the metals required for various machines. I always cringe when I see metallurgy in a pack because few pack authors use it properly. They just throw it in on top of everything. It becomes a massive ore bloat that you never use and just ends up sitting in chests or being chucked into lava.

Some packs do use it quite well, like the ME series and BloodnBones. ME has a focus on combat and technological alchemy. The metals are incredibly useful for fighting through everything with its edited mobs. The tight fighting spaces and limited resources make different weapons and armors necessary. Parcel uses the metals throughout the pack, and they never just sit around unused.

Blood and Bones uses it marvelously. Eyamaz uses all the metals in his recipes. It's hard to find a machine recipe without something from metallurgy. The mod is used as a unifier, making all recipes seem connected, a unified pack instead of a collection of mods.

I just say this because if you only have metallurgy in there so you can make more alloys, then what's the point? At the point where you have the smeltery, you probably have fought through enough mobs that varied tools and armor are going to be pointless, as you've gotten accustomed to combat with your current gear. The smeltery building is a fortress of spawners, and not the easiest building to clear. Especially when you open up the smelteries for the spawners inside. If you can clear that, then you can clear anything without better weapons or armor. So if you're going to have metallurgy, please actually use the metals for more than just tools. Make them useful throughout instead of just there to be there.
Yeah that is a good idea, indeed first I wanted to make new tools heads etc, etc. But is a very nice idea of you that I will implement the alloys into crafting recipes, already have some ideas.
I will also try to get a hang of modtweaker. This way I can make more different kinds of recipes so it easier to go from one metal to another.
One question, do you think I need to add EMC values for all the alloys or just for the basic ones so you have to craft the expensive and higher tier ones every time. I still have not figured this out

Another note, I am not able to react so fast as early because my app that sends me a push when I have a new email (watched this thread) got stuck. So I dont know when a new comment is posted and have to look myself. I will fix it soon so at least I can react way faster. Also I probably will go on with the quests next week. I have a lot of tests from monday till wednesday so I need to learn for them. And I want to have some fun with my friends too. I am a busy man atm

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Yeah that is a good idea, indeed first I wanted to make new tools heads etc, etc. But is a very nice idea of you that I will implement the alloys into crafting recipes, already have some ideas.
I will also try to get a hang of modtweaker. This way I can make more different kinds of recipes so it easier to go from one metal to another.
One question, do you think I need to add EMC values for all the alloys or just for the basic ones so you have to craft the expensive and higher tier ones every time. I still have not figured this out

Another note, I am not able to react so fast as early because my app that sends me a push when I have a new email (watched this thread) got stuck. So I dont know when a new comment is posted and have to look myself. I will fix it soon so at least I can react way faster. Also I probably will go on with the quests next week. I have a lot of tests from monday till wednesday so I need to learn for them. And I want to have some fun with my friends too. I am a busy man atm
I would make only the base metals have EMC. Otherwise, there's not much of a point when you can just pull all the alloys out of a tablet. They just become an EMC value rather than a resource. Definitely make the player alloy the metals.

alien9189

Jul 29, 2019
Ive noticed that when trying to complete the Flux Ducts III Quest it doesn't count the ducts when pulling them from the fluid transposer.
Also, is there a way to get more charms of life 1 to make the charms of life 2.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Ive noticed that when trying to complete the Flux Ducts III Quest it doesn't count the ducts when pulling them from the fluid transposer.
Also, is there a way to get more charms of life 1 to make the charms of life 2.

If I am right I made that quest a consome quest so you have to hand them in,
Also all the charms should have an emc value so you can reproduce them with PrpjectE

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I am second in the jampacked competetion. Thx for all the people who helped me and betatested my pack. Sorry for no updates I have been very busy with school recently since we always get a lot of projects at the end of the year and next week I have exam week so then I wont be able to do things either but after that I can start working on the map again

AF_Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I'm feeling stupid. I made a 5X5 platform, plenty of space for things to spawn and yet nothing does. Went into creative and tried to place some eggs. Thr pigmen spawn in and then immediately disappear. What am I doing wrong?

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I'm feeling stupid. I made a 5X5 platform, plenty of space for things to spawn and yet nothing does. Went into creative and tried to place some eggs. Thr pigmen spawn in and then immediately disappear. What am I doing wrong?
Someyhing probably messed up with your difficulty setting. For some reason it changed to peacefull I think. But that should be impossible after you have set the difficulty. I can only give some answers this week on the forums and cant look directly into it due to my testweek. Also of you try to spawn pigmen regulary you have to make a platform about 30 blocks away from you otherwise the pigmen wont spawn since you are to close to it

AF_Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Someyhing probably messed up with your difficulty setting. For some reason it changed to peacefull I think. But that should be impossible after you have set the difficulty. I can only give some answers this week on the forums and cant look directly into it due to my testweek. Also of you try to spawn pigmen regulary you have to make a platform about 30 blocks away from you otherwise the pigmen wont spawn since you are to close to it

Your right, something changed me to peaceful. Did a full world restart and everything is fixed now.

BTW, don't put the stone pick into the table...it crashes the game. :p

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also developping a skyblock with project E but it looks like we went into differant dirrections so it's alright.

Also i think your location quests should be a bit more loose http://puu.sh/iGUdV/78fa28a983.png
It is a bugged quest, I cant seem to get it to work. The last time I checked was the radius actually at 10 blocks but for some reason it will always go back to 1 (even though the standard radius is 3)

Synnoc

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I played this map pretty much up to when the quests started to get out of hand (10,000 of this, 1,000,000,000 of that) and I enjoyed it a great deal. Here are some random bugs and thoughts. This post has quest and story spoilers in it.

Bugs:
I found all the pumpkins, but had to chisel three of them to match turn-ins. (Maybe this was on purpose.)
I never found aluminum, so I couldn't make alumite for the smeltery quest.
I never found shiny metal, so I couldn't make enderium for any of the resonant quests.
The one rubber sapling I received didn't spawn any saplings when I cut down the rubber tree, and it doesn't have EMC value, so I was unable to finish any quests involving rubber saplings. You should probably give out 4 or 16 or something, just to make sure bad luck doesn't break the map.
The yellorium NPC quest guy asks for blocks of fluxed ingots when he really wanted blocks of fluxed crystals. The quest area showed the Java name 'tile.storage....' instead of the actual names.
For the longest time, there was a town hall 'note 2' quest in the NPC quest book, long after I had actually completed it.
The quest door didn't open up after I killed Morrison. I had to tunnel through the walls.

Thoughts:
I really liked the NPCs and integration with the HQM book.
The spawner density was pretty good, at least once I got a jetpack.
I don't know what to do about it other than magnum torch everything, but once I had the whole town lit up there were way way way too many slimes.
I set up base in the top part of my house, but it got a little annoying working around all the invisible quest gate blocks. I was also unsure as to when it was OK to start breaking blocks in my house. A sign saying "you can break any block past this point" would have been helpful.
I had to quit when I got to the parkour story quest. I'm absolutely terrible at it. I would recommend making it optional.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I played this map pretty much up to when the quests started to get out of hand (10,000 of this, 1,000,000,000 of that) and I enjoyed it a great deal. Here are some random bugs and thoughts. This post has quest and story spoilers in it.

Bugs:
I found all the pumpkins, but had to chisel three of them to match turn-ins. (Maybe this was on purpose.)
I never found shiny metal, so I couldn't make enderium for any of the resonant quests.
The one rubber sapling I received didn't spawn any saplings when I cut down the rubber tree, and it doesn't have EMC value, so I was unable to finish any quests involving rubber saplings. You should probably give out 4 or 16 or something, just to make sure bad luck doesn't break the map.
The yellorium NPC quest guy asks for blocks of fluxed ingots when he really wanted blocks of fluxed crystals. The quest area showed the Java name 'tile.storage....' instead of the actual names.
For the longest time, there was a town hall 'note 2' quest in the NPC quest book, long after I had actually completed it.
The quest door didn't open up after I killed Morrison. I had to tunnel through the walls.

Thoughts:
I really liked the NPCs and integration with the HQM book.
The spawner density was pretty good, at least once I got a jetpack.
I don't know what to do about it other than magnum torch everything, but once I had the whole town lit up there were way way way too many slimes.
I set up base in the top part of my house, but it got a little annoying working around all the invisible quest gate blocks. I was also unsure as to when it was OK to start breaking blocks in my house. A sign saying "you can break any block past this point" would have been helpful.
I had to quit when I got to the parkour story quest. I'm absolutely terrible at it. I would recommend making it optional.
Hey man thx for playing my pack. As soon as my test week is over I can start again with the map, fixing bugs implementing new features. I hope you liked playing my map and had fun with it

The pack is now available on the main launcher woohoo, or at least it should be

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
I made a tab at the front page about how you can skip the parcour and go on with the storyline.

You actually have to get it from the reactor building, I will fix it in the discription of the reactorbuilding in the hqm book that you can use the aluminium

I will fix it to in the HQM book, You are not allowed to destroy the structure of all the bombshelters and your own house.

Nope is not on purpose, it probably got messed up during my last turning in and it changed back into the normal pumpkin. I was kind of expecting that something could happen with chisel so I made sure the chisel was enable but you couldnt get any pumpkin seeds in exchange for it.

The normal way of getting enderium should be enabled, you should be able to get it with the orange ingot from enderio with 1 enderpearl into the alloy furnace of enderIO.

If there is anything more tell it to me.

Some spoilers about new updates to the pack
-first one is gonna be some bugfixing and will probably be out next week.
-after that we are going to work to make the map better we will make a new structure for this ( I will make sure that in the quest lines you have an older version so you can get the materials in it with quests so you wont have to restart the map)
-A lot of recipes from machines will be changed to make it a bit harder to get some machines