[1.7.10] Void World HQM Map [270+ Quests|ProjectE|CustomNPCmod|Second place of JampackedII]

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, Trying to start a server running v1.1.10. When I spawn into the world I start buried in stone sufficating to death.... there is supposed to be like a "safe zone" starting area right? Is this version bugged or is there a way to get it to work?
hmm dont know what is happening here. You should always spawn in the exact spot when you load in for the first time. Tell me what happens if you redownload the server. Or copy the template for the FTB launcher, to the server (the server will run a world called "template")

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I have. I have the "City' quests all completed, "The Basics (Beginning? Cant remember)" is done. Journal is 44% done (the raven's feather quest).

Edit: Also, something for future possible problems for other people relating to quests not completing with NPCs, placing down the notes or using the maps in a height map projector. The "NPC Wand" from the CustomNPCs mod will allow you to access the quests and what not and allow a quest to be "reset" or to grab the item or however you need to do it to complete the quest. It's even a craftable item., unless you want to disable that. It helped me with one of the notes that I had placed down.
The wand is disabled though, you are only able to get it in creative. So you have to do a /give command or enabled creative in the spawn area.

DaHui

Jul 29, 2019
hmm dont know what is happening here. You should always spawn in the exact spot when you load in for the first time. Tell me what happens if you redownload the server. Or copy the template for the FTB launcher, to the server (the server will run a world called "template")

So i remade the world a bunch of times to no avail... then i made a single player world on my client and copied the world save file over and then i spawn in the right place for server. Not sure yet if this will be a good fix for multiplayer... I also redownloaded server twice but same issue. I didnt try copying the FTB launcher file though. I'm Hoping the single player save i copied over will be alright.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
So i remade the world a bunch of times to no avail... then i made a single player world on my client and copied the world save file over and then i spawn in the right place for server. Not sure yet if this will be a good fix for multiplayer... I also redownloaded server twice but same issue. I didnt try copying the FTB launcher file though. I'm Hoping the single player save i copied over will be alright.
It is actually the same world, it is just strange that it doesn't work correctly tho, since the server file is directly copied from the single player files.

DaHui

Jul 29, 2019
Yea Idk but whatever as long as it works... Btw is there a way to get it to not automatically enable hardcore questing mode?

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Yea Idk but whatever as long as it works... Btw is there a way to get it to not automatically enable hardcore questing mode?
Nope is not possible. This pack is ment to be played with hearts. This is why there is a recipe and emc given too them. It is enabled by the config and a commandblock running. So it is almost impossible to disable it.

DaHui

Jul 29, 2019
Nope is not possible. This pack is ment to be played with hearts. This is why there is a recipe and emc given too them. It is enabled by the config and a commandblock running. So it is almost impossible to disable it.

Yea, after messing around with it a bit i found that its pretty easy to get extra hearts so thats fine but as a suggestion maybe you can have the command block only issue the enable command once? because it keeps issuing the command over and over again and showing up in the server window... and i believe that the command only needs to be issued on game start and then applies to anyone that logs in to the server.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, after messing around with it a bit i found that its pretty easy to get extra hearts so thats fine but as a suggestion maybe you can have the command block only issue the enable command once? because it keeps issuing the command over and over again and showing up in the server window... and i believe that the command only needs to be issued on game start and then applies to anyone that logs in to the server.
I just came up with an idea (after pushing out the newest version) how to do that. The best I can do is that it only happens when the first person logs in on the server. So the command will only be activated if there are no people online and then the first person joins. But for that to correctly work you have to do a map reset in the next version due to the map itself can only be updated that way.

M

mtnpapa

I have the same problem where I never got any quests in the quest book for the jetpack upgrades. I actually made a copy of my game, went into hqm edit mode, and manually completed all the quests but it still never unlocked, so I assumed something either broke in one of the updates, or there's an NPC quest I somehow messed up.

The wand is disabled though, you are only able to get it in creative. So you have to do a /give command or enabled creative in the spawn area.

I was able to make this in version 1.1.8 (iirc) with the normal recipe. I admit I used it to give my self some fast travel options, but I've avoided using it to get free goods. ;)

I did enable creative mode, but I am almost always in survival - not sure if you meant the recipe is enabled if you have disabled the creative mode blocker...

Last edited:

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem where I never got any quests in the quest book for the jetpack upgrades. I actually made a copy of my game, went into hqm edit mode, and manually completed all the quests but it still never unlocked, so I assumed something either broke in one of the updates, or there's an NPC quest I somehow messed up.

I was able to make this in version 1.1.8 (iirc) with the normal recipe. I admit I used it to give my self some fast travel options, but I've avoided using it to get free goods. ;)

I did enable creative mode, but I am almost always in survival - not sure if you meant the recipe is enabled if you have disabled the creative mode blocker...
Strange, I haven't edited the config in a while and it hasn't reset. It was actually one of the first recipes I removed. Via the config and minetweaker.
And since the recipe should be disabled you can only get it in the creative window.

T

TheStechi

Hey,

1st thank you for the awesome map.

I found some bugs/quirks while playing.
I don't know if some were already reported, but 60 pages are a little bit to much to read through and the search for pickaxe is to unspecific... ;P

1. The Stone Pickaxe, you get from the Questbook, has EMC, so you can scan it and recreate it with ProjectE,
but if you do so, you get a item, which has no icon and is just a rainbow-coloured square in your hand.
Also if you lose the pick you only have the Dark Matter Pickaxe which is too expensive to lose,
so I would suggest put Soulbound on the Stone Pickaxe, so you can't lose it and remove the EMC.

2. The Notes and Knowledge, you get from NPCs and find on the Map are bad item-choices,
the 1st Note I accidentally placed down, because it is the Paperwall Block and now it is just a Paperwall Block and the 1st Height Map I got from the Jetpack-NPCs,
I placed in the Height Map Project, because I thought might be like a height map of a specific area, now it is a completely different item...
I would suggest using named Books or Paper. ;)

3. I would suggest moving the Boss structure further away. I saw it and used my Jetpack to get to it. (I don't know if this is intended)

4. Pumpkins - deactivate the pumpins <--> melons transmutation and the chisel recipes for the pumpkins or the quest is basically just that.

Greetings,
Stechi

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

1st thank you for the awesome map.

I found some bugs/quirks while playing.
I don't know if some were already reported, but 60 pages are a little bit to much to read through and the search for pickaxe is to unspecific... ;P

1. The Stone Pickaxe, you get from the Questbook, has EMC, so you can scan it and recreate it with ProjectE,
but if you do so, you get a item, which has no icon and is just a rainbow-coloured square in your hand.
Also if you lose the pick you only have the Dark Matter Pickaxe which is too expensive to lose,
so I would suggest put Soulbound on the Stone Pickaxe, so you can't lose it and remove the EMC.

2. The Notes and Knowledge, you get from NPCs and find on the Map are bad item-choices,
the 1st Note I accidentally placed down, because it is the Paperwall Block and now it is just a Paperwall Block and the 1st Height Map I got from the Jetpack-NPCs,
I placed in the Height Map Project, because I thought might be like a height map of a specific area, now it is a completely different item...
I would suggest using named Books or Paper. ;)

3. I would suggest moving the Boss structure further away. I saw it and used my Jetpack to get to it. (I don't know if this is intended)

4. Pumpkins - deactivate the pumpins <--> melons transmutation and the chisel recipes for the pumpkins or the quest is basically just that.

Greetings,
Stechi
Heya, nice you are having an awesome time with the pack.

1. I knew this happened, it worked before but got broken at some point. I actually didn't think about the soulbound, but I don't know if I can put that enchantment on a TiC pickaxe.
2. I probably won't change this because that will be annoying to fix with the customnpc's. Then everyone has to do a customnpc reset or the quest system will break. I already planned a warning in the overall knowledge tab tho, and how to fix it if it happens. (just give it the same name in an anvil as the book wants, it should display you the name of it)
3. Again, this can only be done with a map reset, I might just put a forcefield around it so you cannot go to it.
4. Already trying, have no luck so far. It is difficult to disable one of those manners of crafting.

Ryan914

Jul 29, 2019

1. I knew this happened, it worked before but got broken at some point. I actually didn't think about the soulbound, but I don't know if I can put that enchantment on a TiC pickaxe.

Why not just make the formula for the Stone Pickaxe the only craftable one that works (Iron and Diamond only are used for components in other recipes) and remove the stone one from all recipes instead. No real need for Soulbound if it can be easily made.

D

Dogylover200

Hey so when i started up void world when i got into my world and searched for my ingots all the modded ingots were gone and I'm trying to figure out how to cheat them back in but when you set up the pack you couldn't allow us to cheat in stuff but I'm trying to do it to get my items back could you tell me how to enable cheating so i can cheat in my ingots again.Oh and the mod that deleted these ingots are Project e i believe cause i had all of my ingots in there with my emc @Storkman101

T

TheStechi

2. I probably won't change this because that will be annoying to fix with the customnpc's. Then everyone has to do a customnpc reset or the quest system will break. I already planned a warning in the overall knowledge tab tho, and how to fix it if it happens. (just give it the same name in an anvil as the book wants, it should display you the name of it)
3. Again, this can only be done with a map reset, I might just put a forcefield around it so you cannot go to it.
4. Already trying, have no luck so far. It is difficult to disable one of those manners of crafting.

2. Sadly that doesn't work for the heightmaps...

4. An alternate solution would be to deactivate the Chisel recipes.

lcd

Jul 29, 2019
I know this pack is kinda old now but man, it is centered around ProjectE yet 99% (give or take) of the quests require you to craft like 10 of the same item even though you really only need to craft 1 because you've got the EMC, seems like most of the quests should be a submit quest and not crafting tasks that way you still have to give up EMC, if I need to craft 2 alchemical bags, I'm only going to craft 1, learn it and pull a 2nd out then the book should take both from me...quest complete

The OP book is getting a ton of use though

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
I know this pack is kinda old now but man, it is centered around ProjectE yet 99% (give or take) of the quests require you to craft like 10 of the same item even though you really only need to craft 1 because you've got the EMC, seems like most of the quests should be a submit quest and not crafting tasks that way you still have to give up EMC, if I need to craft 2 alchemical bags, I'm only going to craft 1, learn it and pull a 2nd out then the book should take both from me...quest complete

The OP book is getting a ton of use though
I know I still have to fix this, I have decreased a lot of quests from crafting to detection last patch. But haven't checked all my quests for that so yeah. But one will always be on the crafting task tho, the cake will forever be painfull. And jup it is getting quite old. I started my first development almost a year ago now. PFFFF time went fast.

Why not just make the formula for the Stone Pickaxe the only craftable one that works (Iron and Diamond only are used for components in other recipes) and remove the stone one from all recipes instead. No real need for Soulbound if it can be easily made.
Also a solution

Hey so when i started up void world when i got into my world and searched for my ingots all the modded ingots were gone and I'm trying to figure out how to cheat them back in but when you set up the pack you couldn't allow us to cheat in stuff but I'm trying to do it to get my items back could you tell me how to enable cheating so i can cheat in my ingots again.Oh and the mod that deleted these ingots are Project e i believe cause i had all of my ingots in there with my emc @Storkman101
If you didn't enable the creative system back at spawn at teh start you cannot go in creative. The other way to disable NEI can be fixed in the config of NEI, but not gonna explain that here since that could be abused, just google it. And it is annoying to explain.

G

Gigo

Having a great time playing this pack.
Want to share with you guys my simple emc production setup. It creates a dark matter ~ every 1 sec.

The two energy condensers on left are set to make books and emeralds and feed in crafter from enderIO making Flim Flam I enchanted books. Two on the right make gold ingots and bookshelfs which combined in the second crafter with enchanted books make magical wood.
The magical wood feeds all four energy condensers and the excess goes into the far energy condenser ( needs to be mk2 to handle the input ) producing tons of emc.

emc.png