[1.7.10] Void World HQM Map [270+ Quests|ProjectE|CustomNPCmod|Second place of JampackedII]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MyGoodLooks

Jul 29, 2019
The "colder than ice"

Can you let me know the name of this quest and what section it is found under? I would like to test this. Thanks.
Im not at my computer right now but it is the quest to turn in somelike like 1 or 10 million water. I believe it is in the technical+ chapter.

Its the chapter with cobblestone and ice and snow.

jFleetwind

Jul 29, 2019
So, for the quest where you have to get a bunch of grass blocks to open up animals... Before I dump 3/4 of my accumulated EMC into a silky gem for silk touch, is there another less costly way of picking up a grass block without it turning to dirt?

Aiur850

Jul 29, 2019
Im not at my computer right now but it is the quest to turn in somelike like 1 or 10 million water. I believe it is in the technical+ chapter.

Its the chapter with cobblestone and ice and snow.

Someone edited my post above to say "colder than ice"

The reason I could not find the "water quest" is because that's not water, that is gelid cryotheum :)

I see the quest but did not start on it. However I notice that quest is asking for 1 BILLION gelid cryotheum, yes, billion I counted the zeros. That's insane and has got to be a mistake? Even if the block could accept the gelid cryotheum it would take far too long to make that amount. I think this amount should be reduced if this gets fixed.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys an update about the new patch. I have almost updated a lot of mods already. This means that I have to update some of my minetweaker scripts and some of my ProjectE EMC (I have to redo all of them) I will do that later. You can find a changelog about what I have done so far (no bugfixing yet) If you think another mod should be updated tell it to me in a private message (that is easier for me too see then this forum :D)
-Updated Forge to newest recommended version
-Updated ProjectE to newest release version
-Updated all mods from the COFH team to the newest release versions (thermal expansion(+dynamics and foundation), minefactory reloaded, Redstone Arsenal)
-Updated HQM to the newest release version
-Updated ProjectRed to newest release version, which includes Frames now
-Updated Forge multipart to newest release version
-Updated Redstone Arsenal to newest release version
-Updated AromaCore to newest release version
-Updated CodeChickenCore to newest release version
-Updated NotEnoughItems to newest release versin
-Updated Translocator to newest release version
-Updated Chisel2 to newest release version

Hey guys this will be the finalized list of all the mods that are updated in the pack for in update
All the mods that are updated in part 1 will be in the updates and below you can find a list about part 2
-Updated Applied Ennergistics 2 to the newest stable version "Spoiler, maybe there will be a new questline with AE2 soon to make sure people can build ME systems in their worlds"
-Updated EnderIO&EnderZOO to the newest release versions
-Updated EnderTech to newest release version
-Updated SimplyJetpack to newest release version
-Updated Tinker's Mechwork to newest version
-Updated the mods from the COFH Team again (all thermal ... mods&Redstone Arsenal)
-Removed the frames from ProjectRed, because myself had no idea to look them up in NEI and the mod is very minimal atm. Maybe it will be back later
Now I will be fixing some scripts and recipes from minetweaker, after that I have to fix all the custom EMC I have given to objects and then I can start to have some bugfixing. The bugfixing will be mainly around the bugs in the HQM quest system first and later some other bugfixing. I plan to release this patch around friday so that you can play it in the weekend updated and everything

MyGoodLooks

Jul 29, 2019
So, for the quest where you have to get a bunch of grass blocks to open up animals... Before I dump 3/4 of my accumulated EMC into a silky gem for silk touch, is there another less costly way of picking up a grass block without it turning to dirt?
Sure isn't. I thought maybe vanilla enchanting on the dark/red matter shovels but that doesn't work so... That just leaves the one option.

Someone edited my post above to say "colder than ice"

The reason I could not find the "water quest" is because that's not water, that is gelid cryotheum :)

I see the quest but did not start on it. However I notice that quest is asking for 1 BILLION gelid cryotheum, yes, billion I counted the zeros. That's insane and has got to be a mistake? Even if the block could accept the gelid cryotheum it would take far too long to make that amount. I think this amount should be reduced if this gets fixed.

There is a water quest. It is in Technical+ called Water Production. It is for 1 Billion water.

Aiur850

Jul 29, 2019
Sure isn't. I thought maybe vanilla enchanting on the dark/red matter shovels but that doesn't work so... That just leaves the one option.

There is a water quest. It is in Technical+ called Water Production. It is for 1 Billion water.

Ah, okay thanks. I don't have that quest showing just yet. Someone edited my post to say "colder than ice" which is the gelid cryotheum quest.

MyGoodLooks

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, okay thanks. I don't have that quest showing just yet. Someone edited my post to say "colder than ice" which is the gelid cryotheum quest.
I actually dont have that one yet. Having the hardest time getting netherrack to get build a magma crucible and so the only town quest i have left is the one for gelid cryotheum :( is there maybe a way to get netherrack with the philosophers stone that i have overlooked?

Please add an EMC value to Necrotic Bones. Extra hearts would be awesome. And using the philosophers stone to change mobs to wither skeletons gets tiresome.

Also while fixing the quests and reward bags. I have noticed that the Twilight Forest item Moonworm Queen is given in a bag but has no value.

Last edited:

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
I actually dont have that one yet. Having the hardest time getting netherrack to get build a magma crucible and so the only town quest i have left is the one for gelid cryotheum :( is there maybe a way to get netherrack with the philosophers stone that i have overlooked?

Please add an EMC value to Necrotic Bones. Extra hearts would be awesome. And using the philosophers stone to change mobs to wither skeletons gets tiresome.

Also while fixing the quests and reward bags. I have noticed that the Twilight Forest item Moonworm Queen is given in a bag but has no value.
I will be giving you the netherrack before you have to do the magma crucible quest in the next patch.
noted
and the queen itself has not EMC value but the torchberries have for refilling the moonworm queen. It is an "exclusive" item. I might add emc to it later but not this patch at least

Reactions: MyGoodLooks

jFleetwind

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I think that's the biggest issue I've had with this pack - don't get me wrong, I've loved it. It's lots of fun and I've had a blast. But there are several places where it just bottlenecks, where you need something to progress, and that thing is either very expensive for how relatively early in the pack you can get to the quest (silk touch for the grass blocks) or else highly reliant on RNG to get (netherrack).

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I think that's the biggest issue I've had with this pack - don't get me wrong, I've loved it. It's lots of fun and I've had a blast. But there are several places where it just bottlenecks, where you need something to progress, and that thing is either very expensive for how relatively early in the pack you can get to the quest (silk touch for the grass blocks) or else highly reliant on RNG to get (netherrack).

No problem, I totally forgot actually that you needed netherrack for a crafting recipe(stupid me) and it never got addressed before I made a patch. The first time I saw it (maybe I overlook one) was after I had version 1.0.2 done so sorry for that.
And yes I try to fix some of the bottlenecks a bit but some bottlenecks are there because I want them there. I will have an extra look on it. But since I am a very active gaming I actually don't play the pack itself, so it is difficult to guess how big the bottleneck is. I have more fun in building the pack, testing it a bit, release it, make you guys hapyy, and play some other games at the same time. I can get bored very fast when I play one game for too long, so that is why I mix it up a bit so I won't get bored with building the pack and so I can still release patches in a decent rate.

MyGoodLooks

Jul 29, 2019
i'm still stuck on Sugar/sugarcane how to get that

I got sugar from a witch. Also I pulled a newbie move. Totally forgot MFR is in the pack so I just need to capture a wither skeleton and then auto-spawn them. Still would be nice for the Necrotic Bones to have EMC though.