[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
One thing you might want to have a check
There're two creative chests at the spawning point and the item can be changed by putting other items into it. This will possibly give you an infinity supply of any item available without cheating (maybe this can be regarded as cheating as well)
Sorry for my bad English
.. its a cheat using creative chest from spawn you can finish supplying the masses questline :)

Reactions: SnowShock35

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps a method to prevent lava-lighting would be to not allow source blocks to be placed. This was a thing (but with water maybe?) in crash landing I believe.

It would mean early cobble gen would have to be moved to an existing lava source block, but there are a few around spawn.

Maybe that would make the tweaks to lava monsters not needed.

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry my last post was made in frustration after a really terrible death streak nearly ending my game. Though I'm curious about other light sources, with torches not being strong enough to stop spawning, and glow stone not available early game. What's left besides lava?

Edit:
Forgot about jack o lanterns. Normally like to do a lot of mining before I get a farm setup. Guess I'll need to tweak things. Sorry for my rant. I need to cool off after a bad time before I hop onto forums.

Does no one else use invar torches? Soon as you have a magma crucible, they're pretty easy to make.

Reactions: EndlessFields

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Does no one else use invar torches? Soon as you have a magma crucible, they're pretty easy to make.
I don't use any torches. I pushed straight for hyper energetic nitor (thaumic tinkerer?). And then later one with a magnum torch in my base its earily quiet (away from the mob trap at least).

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
So i have a problem with compact machines, one of them was full of chicken and eggs ( big lag BIG :) ) so after breaking cube just vanished now i see chicken on map when i am in cube world but cant access it and i have a lag ( i can teleport there using map mabe ) is there a way to fix this ?

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
So i have a problem with compact machines, one of them was full of chicken and eggs ( big lag BIG :) ) so after breaking cube just vanished now i see chicken on map when i am in cube world but cant access it and i have a lag ( i can teleport there using map mabe ) is there a way to fix this ?
Would killing the chickens with "/cofh killall Chickens" do it?

da2loo

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same issue twice. Try using the following command to get rid of all the item entities: /cofh killall item
You might need to be in a compact machine/dimension but I don't think it's necessary since it's chunk loaded.
I did some testing on 1.1.16: This issue happens when an Animal Farmer and Vacuum hopper are both near a chicken egg farm. The Animal Farmer will collect the items first before the Vacuum hopper can suck it in. Once the Animal Farmer is full it spits the additional eggs out on top and the Vacuum hopper sucks them in. However, for some reason when this happens it dupes the eggs several times and eventually overflows up to the point that there are thousands of item entities on the floor lagging the game.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same issue twice. Try using the following command to get rid of all the item entities: /cofh killall item
You might need to be in a compact machine/dimension but I don't think it's necessary since it's chunk loaded.
I did some testing on 1.1.16: This issue happens when an Animal Farmer and Vacuum hopper are both near a chicken egg farm. The Animal Farmer will collect the items first before the Vacuum hopper can suck it in. Once the Animal Farmer is full it spits the additional eggs out on top and the Vacuum hopper sucks them in. However, for some reason when this happens it dupes the eggs several times and eventually overflows up to the point that there are thousands of item entities on the floor lagging the game.
Same problem with my sheep farm. I ended up moving it outside. Problem now is grass regrows too slowly. I need to add quite a bit of light.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
yep that what happend command /cofh killall egg or chicken applied now waiting for PC to respond :) GG

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
So removing with command eggs don't work i just teleport myself to the cube coordinates with dev null and enderio magnes now i am waiting to absorb all egg ( there is lots of them :) )

Eggs for days (5 min and still dev null is removing ):

i fixed it ( no way to go in to the cube ) lag is gone THX for help

Last edited:

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
So removing with command eggs don't work i just teleport myself to the cube coordinates with dev null and enderio magnes now i am waiting to absorb all egg ( there is lots of them :) )

Eggs for days (5 min and still dev null is removing ):

i fixed it ( no way to go in to the cube ) lag is gone THX for help
Wow! That's a lot of eggs.

Reactions: MakakPL

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently there's two different types of "raw chicken"...one that has flavor text about a "Loud bang" that ended the chicken's life, and one that doesn't. The one that has the flavor text, doesn't register in the HQM book for that quest.

Is there any way to get the other kind of chicken?

Dark Inferno

Jul 29, 2019
For everyone asking about light, Hyperenergetic Nitor from Thaumcraft is a bit pricey, but more than worth it. Once you have it, just don't bother with any other light sources, you don't need them.
As to the reason I'm posting, I had used the unstable ingots from the cursed earth quest to craft myself a pair of Angel Wings. They'd been working fine and granting me flight for a long time, but suddenly today they just... stopped working. I then proceeded to accidentally kill myself by jumping into a quarry I'd made. I went into creative mode and replaced my wings, still didn't work. Even with 2 sets I can't fly and I still take fall damage. Pretty sure this wasn't an update causing the problem, since its been a few days since I updated, unless some patch came through that disabled it. Nothing else appears to be wrong with the game, just the wings aren't working.
If anyone has a solution or is experiencing similar problems, let me know.

OmegaStorms

Jul 29, 2019
My golems seem to be inhibited by an Interdiction Torch just like aggressive mobs. I do not think that was happening prior to the last update.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
For everyone asking about light, Hyperenergetic Nitor from Thaumcraft is a bit pricey, but more than worth it. Once you have it, just don't bother with any other light sources, you don't need them.
As to the reason I'm posting, I had used the unstable ingots from the cursed earth quest to craft myself a pair of Angel Wings. They'd been working fine and granting me flight for a long time, but suddenly today they just... stopped working. I then proceeded to accidentally kill myself by jumping into a quarry I'd made. I went into creative mode and replaced my wings, still didn't work. Even with 2 sets I can't fly and I still take fall damage. Pretty sure this wasn't an update causing the problem, since its been a few days since I updated, unless some patch came through that disabled it. Nothing else appears to be wrong with the game, just the wings aren't working.
If anyone has a solution or is experiencing similar problems, let me know.
invar torch is cheap easy to make ( after some work on initial setup ) ..

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
... I had used the unstable ingots from the cursed earth quest to craft myself a pair of Angel Wings. They'd been working fine and granting me flight for a long time, but suddenly today they just... stopped working....
Were you wearing a chestplate at the time? There is a bug caused by the Mankini mod which prevents the wings from working if you're not wearing something in the chest slot. See https://github.com/SnowShock35/Obscurity/issues/196 for more information.