[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any tips on how to get 2500 silverwood logs?
Actually 2500 isn't that bad. I just used a lumber axe and manually planted chopped them. Gave me a chance to scan/break the nodes.

The problem is that the return on silverwood saplings is pretty bad. You start with 4. I managed to get the logs but a few times, I was down to 1 sapling. I now have 1 tree left and I don't dare chop it down (not that I need to).

In the turn in quest, I had to cheat in the silverwood saplings :(

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Actually 2500 isn't that bad. I just used a lumber axe and manually planted chopped them. Gave me a chance to scan/break the nodes.

The problem is that the return on silverwood saplings is pretty bad. You start with 4. I managed to get the logs but a few times, I was down to 1 sapling. I now have 1 tree left and I don't dare chop it down (not that I need to).

In the turn in quest, I had to cheat in the silverwood saplings :(

If you run out of saplings they can be purchased from Pech. In https://github.com/SnowShock35/Obscurity/issues/130 Snow mentions that he's going to add another way to get them in the next version.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting one-shotted by hostile "players". This pack looks tougher than Crash Landing.
I am fairly sure that the hostile "players" you're referring to are Headcrumbs mobs. These appear to be affected by the same Optifine bug (mentioned by EndlessFields) which makes spiders OP in the deep dark. Get rid of Optifine, get rid of the problems. Sadly not much we can do unless rwtema decides to make this an exception to the "I do not support Optifine" statement on the Extra Utilities repo. See https://github.com/rwtema/extrautilities/issues/483

maiconimortal

Jul 29, 2019
Magma creme is what you're thinking of.

If you dig around at a y=11, you'll find lava fairly often. If/when you get around to an ender quarry, a pump upgrade will provide you with more lava than you know what to do with.

There are ways to make lava in a magma crucible without the energy cost being a burden. The easiest way that is fairly early game is to power it with a stirling generator from ender io. With an octadic capacitor (a bit pricey, but not horrible if you have the pearls) a stirling generator produces over a million rf. Also, since you can't make a magma crucible before you go to the hell cube anyway, turn some cobble into netherrack, and it will cost a lot less rf, 120,000 I think. In all, one bucket of lava will generate 8. The easiest way to automate putting lava in a generator is with a casting table. No, seriously. place the magma crucible so that one of the outputs is against a casting table. Place a bucket in the table, and it will act as a bucket filler. Have the stirling generator also against the table, and configure it to automatically input and output. The whole system will fit in a 2x2 space.

If you really want to go nuts, 2 igneous extruders (one set to cobble, one to obsidian), an aqueous accumulator, a factory manager, and a chest will turn it into a fully self sustaining water/lava/cobble/obsidian/power factory.
How do you maked your ender quarry? I can't get item and lava by my quarry, I have silky touch upgrade and pump upgrade but item and lava just for quarry upper, or chest or tank, how can I get both.

sealedinterface

Jul 29, 2019
I am fairly sure that the hostile "players" you're referring to are Headcrumbs mobs. These appear to be affected by the same Optifine bug (mentioned by EndlessFields) which makes spiders OP in the deep dark. Get rid of Optifine, get rid of the problems. Sadly not much we can do unless rwtema decides to make this an exception to the "I do not support Optifine" statement on the Extra Utilities repo. See https://github.com/rwtema/extrautilities/issues/483

I don't have Optifine installed in the modpack. Just the default mod list, not even config tweaks.

Ya Bro

Jul 29, 2019
I set up an ender quarry with a silk touch upgrade and speed upgrades and i am already at 200000 stone

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, is there a way to fix these chunk-strip errors I'm getting? I tried reducing my ram, since I had 2.5 gigs when I only have 4gb, so I reduced it to 1.5. And it's still giving me errors. Is it because of my crappy laptop or is there a way to fix it?

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, is there a way to fix these chunk-strip errors I'm getting? I tried reducing my ram, since I had 2.5 gigs when I only have 4gb, so I reduced it to 1.5. And it's still giving me errors. Is it because of my crappy laptop or is there a way to fix it?
What do you mean by "chunk-strip" errors?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean by "chunk-strip" errors?
Long lines of chunks not being loaded.

I am getting them occasionally in obscurity. More so than other packs I have played. Maybe its a minecraft issue made worse in the deep dark.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Damn wont that take a really long time?
Yes. But I suspect that any mechanism which gets you that much stone is going to take a really long time. The supplying the masses quests are kind of an exercise in automating stuff and patience. They are sort of "set it up, go do the other quests, come back and get an OP reward" quests. At least that's my take on them.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Long lines of chunks not being loaded.

I am getting them occasionally in obscurity. More so than other packs I have played. Maybe its a minecraft issue made worse in the deep dark.

If you mean not being loaded straight away and then slowly being filled in, I'm pretty sure that's just modded Minecraft doing it's thing (yay render code!). I always get it when loading in the world and usually get it if I'm flying around fast-ish. I've always just accepted it as a fact of life, never thought it could be a problem. It'd definitely be tricky to troubleshoot.

If you're talking about chunks permanently not loading then that sounds to me like world corruption which could be any number of things. Have you tried making a new world and running about, just as an experiment?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
If you mean not being loaded straight away and then slowly being filled in, I'm pretty sure that's just modded Minecraft doing it's thing (yay render code!). I always get it when loading in the world and usually get it if I'm flying around fast-ish. I've always just accepted it as a fact of life, never thought it could be a problem. It'd definitely be tricky to troubleshoot.

If you're talking about chunks permanently not loading then that sounds to me like world corruption which could be any number of things. Have you tried making a new world and running about, just as an experiment?
Its not a permanent thing. Saving and restarting will load them again. Just hovering in the neighbourhood will not load them. I will take a screenshot next time I encounter it and note down some coordinates.

Now that I think about it some more, I had it in Hubris as well.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Its not a permanent thing. Saving and restarting will load them again. Just hovering in the neighbourhood will not load them. I will take a screenshot next time I encounter it and note down some coordinates.

Now that I think about it some more, I had it in Hubris as well.
It may also be worthwhile trying it with only ExtraUtilities enabled. It's possible it's something to do with how the deep dark works that causes it (I usually test this sort of thing using Curse Voice and making a new profile).

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019

Like Keldin said, it's permanent, but can be fixed but relogging into the world. If I get into the vicinity of the chunks, it just errors out on me. Really annoying. I even tried adding .5 gigs more of ram into FTB, but it didn't seem to help.

Ya Bro

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to get necrotic bones? I would like to make heart canisters but i am in need of necrotic bones.