[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
How the heck do I have sooo many heads like Witches and some of those named ones but NO Endermen heads? I even made The Ender with one vibrant crystal on it. I still have no heads =S

Reactions: SnowShock35

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
how do you mass produce silverwood?
you need 2500 logs and you only get 4 saplings, and unless that is changed i believe silverwood trees dont drop enough saplings to get that many logs.
I am working on that now as well. I did manage to capture a (forager) pech. I have not been able to trade with him yet. I will stick him in a spawner soon, see if I can get a more cooperative one.

Aiawa

Jul 29, 2019
Are some mobs supposed to be able to just run all over interdiction torches? ,_, cause i had two tiny mobs just run over and kill me, through a interdiction torch .. and after i died the first time to them, they turned invisible and just waited in a corner lol. Both of them were seperate encounters shortly after eachother.

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
Why is there two different types of endermen heads in this pack. The soul bidner requires one with tooltip that mentions skulls. I got heads using TiCo cleaver cause The Ender didn't give me squat after 25 kills and yes its empowered.

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
How do you create slime bow limbs? I'm having trouble figuring it out, thanks in advance.

You have to make slime crystals. You need four slime balls, 1 dirt and 1 sand. That makes slime mud. Than you cook that into a crystal

XX
XX
DS
X = Slime (Green or Blue) while d = dirt s = sand. Than cook that block. If its for the quest you need green slime. Which you can find that in the exploring section.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
I am working on that now as well. I did manage to capture a (forager) pech. I have not been able to trade with him yet. I will stick him in a spawner soon, see if I can get a more cooperative one.

I have already done that, but after tons of potions, mana beans, greatwood saplings, cadles and ore clusters, i still havent got a single silverwood sapling. Maybe i wasnt giving him the right item or something. I traded with him using silver ore.

Celadeus

Jul 29, 2019
Why is there two different types of endermen heads in this pack. The soul bidner requires one with tooltip that mentions skulls. I got heads using TiCo cleaver cause The Ender didn't give me squat after 25 kills and yes its empowered.

You just need a bit of luck to get the head from enderIO
Get your max empowered The Ender, use the enchanter and an anvil to have looting 3.
To get one i captured an enderman in a soul vial and i made them spawn, or i just get out and hunt for them. This head is meant to be farmed in the end, where you have more chance to loot, but here there's no end, so good luck :p

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
You just need a bit of luck to get the head from enderIO
Get your max empowered The Ender, use the enchanter and an anvil to have looting 3.
To get one i captured an enderman in a soul vial and i made them spawn, or i just get out and hunt for them. This head is meant to be farmed in the end, where you have more chance to loot, but here there's no end, so good luck :p

Even funnier was that I made a quick cursed farm. I got one thankfully (with cleaver) and crafted the soul binder. Now I go back and I have 7.

Reminds me of monster hunter want meter lol.

carlwheeser

Jul 29, 2019
I have a few questions. Firstly, is the only way to get Bedrock the Awakened Ichorium Pickaxe from Thaumic Tinkerer? A friend and I are playing through this and that's the only solution we were able to find. Secondly, how do you get amber? The only solution we could think of is the Thaumic Tinkerer seeds, which I do not understand. We didn't find any with our Progessive Automation Miner or our Ender Quarry. Finally, I have what I believe to be a bug. I bound a quest to a QDS using Select Task, and we left the server running over night. When I got on this morning, the QDS was unbound. The oak wood that was feeding into it for the Punch Wood, Share Wood quest is only 24% complete, and now, for some reason, I am unable to Select Task again. The button is grayed out, similarly to the Manual Submit button. Please help. Thanks.

~carlwheeser (Jake)

EDIT: We figured out the Select Task problem, but still want clarification on the Bedrock and Amber questions.

Last edited:

Banedon

Jul 29, 2019
This quest is a bite hard to complete if you dont know how the scanning mechanics works in thaumcraft 4.2.

The items order given in the quest is not working, you need to scan other things in order to scan those requested.
To scan, for example, a torch, which is made of lux aspect, you must have scanned the aspect used to create lux. Here, ignis + aer = lux. These are primal aspects so you already have these and are able to scan torch and discover lux aspect.

Now, if you want to scan grass, made of herba, you need to know terra, a primal aspect, and victus, a compound aspect made of aqua + terra. So, to scan grass, you need to scan something made of victus, an egg for instance, before.

And you may do so to discover every single aspect, and then you'll be able to scan everything and get loads of aspects, cause you WILL need a lot :D
I suggest you to use wikis to find them all ! http://ftbwiki.org/List_of_Aspects_(Thaumcraft_4.2)
( Just ignores aspects added by other mods, here there's just thaumcraft + thaumic tinkerer )

Yeah that's not at all my problem. I can scan things fine, and I'm well aware of the order that things need to be scanned.

Apparently there's two different types of "raw chicken"...one that has flavor text about a "Loud bang" that ended the chicken's life, and one that doesn't. The one that has the flavor text, doesn't register in the HQM book for that quest.

minly

Jul 29, 2019
it would really be a big help if u could add something like an 64 or 128 times capacitor to the pack cause it takes forever to get 100000000 rf into the slice n splice :eek: (at max 320 rf/t with octadic)

minly

Jul 29, 2019
so im not sure if this problem is client side but all the textures of quadrum are missing in the version im currently using

minly

Jul 29, 2019
can u guys pls check the thaumcraft entries for boots of the dark traveller and leggings of the burning mantle ? cause im already at the eldritch tab and i havent found them yet

Last edited:

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
I have a few questions. Firstly, is the only way to get Bedrock the Awakened Ichorium Pickaxe from Thaumic Tinkerer? A friend and I are playing through this and that's the only solution we were able to find. Secondly, how do you get amber?
EDIT: We figured out the Select Task problem, but still want clarification on the Bedrock and Amber questions.

Amber is in the ceiling right up the top nr bedrock.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
can u guys pls check the thaumcraft entries for boots of the dark traveller and leggings of the burning mantle ? cause im already at the eldritch tab and i havent found them yet
you have to have the research for normal boots of the traveller to get any other sorts of boots, expect the leggings are similar

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
It has been awhile and I am not seeing how to make a tree farm and a food farm 100% automated. Most of the machines I know and see use tools. I tried to use the automation progressive tree thing with chest full of axes but it just floods the storage area blocking the place where wood goes. Not to mention that AP now crashes my game a lot even with it not placed down anymore.

So can anybody give me tips/hints on what machines are 100% automate-able?

Celadeus

Jul 29, 2019
It has been awhile and I am not seeing how to make a tree farm and a food farm 100% automated. Most of the machines I know and see use tools. I tried to use the automation progressive tree thing with chest full of axes but it just floods the storage area blocking the place where wood goes. Not to mention that AP now crashes my game a lot even with it not placed down anymore.

So can anybody give me tips/hints on what machines are 100% automate-able?

Use steve carts, easily automated, cheap, they're great :D
There's a questline about this mod, just make an iron hull, woodcutter, coal engine, and storages. You'll need to feed it coal cause you can't use solar panels, but you can add a smelter in it to directly smelt the wood you collect. Add a fertilizer for once you have a good mob spawner setup and loads of bone meal. Then you assemble it in the required machine (don't remember the name), feed it coal, and wait ~30min.
Then you can make a track, add a machine and some special rails to interact with the cart ( the names are weird, i really dont remember them :D ) and add your cart. You can then toggle or not the smelter if you want charcoal for your cart, or wood. You can even make a second track/cart to collect wood, while the first provide charcoal.
Easy ! :p
You can also go check the website, it is pretty well done.

I have a few questions. Firstly, is the only way to get Bedrock the Awakened Ichorium Pickaxe from Thaumic Tinkerer? A friend and I are playing through this and that's the only solution we were able to find. Secondly, how do you get amber? The only solution we could think of is the Thaumic Tinkerer seeds, which I do not understand. We didn't find any with our Progessive Automation Miner or our Ender Quarry. Finally, I have what I believe to be a bug. I bound a quest to a QDS using Select Task, and we left the server running over night. When I got on this morning, the QDS was unbound. The oak wood that was feeding into it for the Punch Wood, Share Wood quest is only 24% complete, and now, for some reason, I am unable to Select Task again. The button is grayed out, similarly to the Manual Submit button. Please help. Thanks.

~carlwheeser (Jake)

As said before, amber is in the ceiling of the world.
You do not need Bedrock but Bedrockium, added by Extra utilities., An ingot of bedrockium is made of 1 bloc of diamond, 4 quadruple and 4 triple compressed cobblestone. Thanks to maths you know you're on it for a moment to have the quest completed :D

it would really be a big help if u could add something like an 64 or 128 times capacitor to the pack cause it takes forever to get 100000000 rf into the slice n splice :eek: (at max 320 rf/t with octadic)

The only way to get mass power in that modpack is throught big reactors, but once you have a nice setup, you have no energy problems anymore, and thx to the compact machine, you can even build a giant reactor in one of them, and transport it easily !

As i said earlier in this thread, the way to obtain the leggings is to have every single research, wich is not posible by being in this dimension. So you cant unlock it, you'll have to wait for a possible update or use /tc research to unlock ichor.
The boots of the dark traveller are in the last tab of the Thaumcraft book