[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

sedilis

Jul 29, 2019
Cause there is no portal back ? :D
This is the end of the story, did you even go to the target location in the overworld and got the rewards ? they are cheated and so troll X)
If you want to go back to keep on building/completing quests go in creative or /give to get a portal to the deep dark.

Still, i wonder how to unlock the secret part of the questbook, this is annoying me not to know everything :(

Was bugging me too so had a look at the book editor:
There is nothing in the shadow secrets chapter - its empty and cant be unlocked :(
And the 4 missing quest that leave you at 89% complete on Unearthing the Darkness are permanently hidden with no task. Guess they were either removed or used for triggering something in HQM.

Reactions: SnowShock35

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Was bugging me too so had a look at the book editor:
There is nothing in the shadow secrets chapter - its empty and cant be unlocked :(
And the 4 missing quest that leave you at 89% complete on Unearthing the Darkness are permanently hidden with no task. Guess they were either removed or used for triggering something in HQM.

I just completed the 2nd chapter (on 1.1.14). What version are you on?

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
The best way to mob hunt or grind. U will need a shovel or pick with silk touch first. Then when u go to get the market cube, just get the 12 blocks of cursed earth. Then make a mob spawner and use the cursed earth as the floor. The mobs are easier to kill and spawn pretty fast.

*edit* make sure u keep all dirt blocks about 3 blocks away or they will also turn into cursed earth

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
the text in the quest turret configuration ask for a "turret target configuration device". this item is not in my nei and the quest icon asks for bedrock instead of this device.
am i missing items or something? because i don't think i am supposed to hand in bedrock.
and my recipe for a deep dark portal also uses a block that is not in nei, item.simply.jetpacks.armorplatings.name with the id 5350:14 and no icon.
in adition to that, the entire ender io section of simply jetpacks doesnt show up in nei anymore, even though it was there when i first started playing the modpack.
i am playing in version 1.1.14

Celadeus

Jul 29, 2019
the text in the quest turret configuration ask for a "turret target configuration device". this item is not in my nei and the quest icon asks for bedrock instead of this device.
am i missing items or something? because i don't think i am supposed to hand in bedrock.
and my recipe for a deep dark portal also uses a block that is not in nei, item.simply.jetpacks.armorplatings.name with the id 5350:14 and no icon.
in adition to that, the entire ender io section of simply jetpacks doesnt show up in nei anymore, even though it was there when i first started playing the modpack.
i am playing in version 1.1.14

The turret quest is bugged since the requested item was removed by the mod autor. Just use /hqm edit to complete it or wait for 1.1.6.
The dark steel plating is more annoying, you should have it in this version ... try to download 1.1.4 again.

Das_Hound

Jul 29, 2019
My girlfriend and I are greatly enjoying this modpack, however we have run into two issues.

1. We seem to be missing textures and I'm not sure how to fix this. For example, Luminite Ore is a bland meshed grey and dark grey block, and Unlit Torches don't have a picture in our inventory only the number shows up.
2. For some reason the game will crash about 50% of the time when joining the game over LAN (using Hamachi). She hosts the game and when I click to join it will say loading, and on her end she can see me enter and leave instantly. Now when I load up Obscurity after the crash, the next time I join it will work just fine.

We both use the FTB Launcher set on Recommended, tried clean installs and still the same issues.

Thanks for any and all help!

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
How are people handling big reactor automation (if at all)?

I have a reactor in a cube which can supply 23k RF/t. I added 3 redstone ports, 1 that is active when the buffer is below 10%, 1 that is active when the buffer is above 90% and finally one that runsthe reactor when a redstone signal is present.

I am using Steve's factory manager to control the signal (basically a RS-Flipflop) which works fine when I use levers. However sometimes I hop into the cube and see that the reactor is running even though the buffer is full.

Normally speaking I would use rednet to simply feed the buffer level into the control setting and forget about it. But we do not have rednet.

I see that Ender IO has a power monitor, does anybody use that coupled with a reactor?

Aeronaxx

Jul 29, 2019
How are people handling big reactor automation (if at all)?

I have a reactor in a cube which can supply 23k RF/t. I added 3 redstone ports, 1 that is active when the buffer is below 10%, 1 that is active when the buffer is above 90% and finally one that runsthe reactor when a redstone signal is present.

I am using Steve's factory manager to control the signal (basically a RS-Flipflop) which works fine when I use levers. However sometimes I hop into the cube and see that the reactor is running even though the buffer is full.

Normally speaking I would use rednet to simply feed the buffer level into the control setting and forget about it. But we do not have rednet.

I see that Ender IO has a power monitor, does anybody use that coupled with a reactor?

Yes, i used the Powermonitor from EnderIO with the Reactor.
I used the following Settings in the Powermonitor: Emit when Storage is under 25%, stop emitting when Storage is over 95%
Then hook up the Powermonitor with the Redstone Port and set the Port to activate Reactor when it gets a Redstone Signal.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, i used the Powermonitor from EnderIO with the Reactor.
I used the following Settings in the Powermonitor: Emit when Storage is under 25%, stop emitting when Storage is over 95%
Then hook up the Powermonitor with the Redstone Port and set the Port to activate Reactor when it gets a Redstone Signal.

Do you have a separate capacitor bank in between the reactor and the power monitor? Or can the power monitor detect the buffer in the reactor?

I now have a tesseract directly on a power tap. I think I need to add a capacitor bank to be able to use the power monitor and then use a duct to feed into the tesseract?