[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this modpack, but after the latest update I have been having some issues, after a couple of minutes the screen will begin to flicker and odd stuff happens with the graphics (see pictures: Picture 1, Picture 2, Picture 3) and after a little while the game will freeze and then crash..
Everything worked fine before the latest update to the pack.

Does anyone else have this problem?
And does anyone know about a possible solution for it?
Have you tried (temporarily) disabling fastcraft?

Reactions: SnowShock35

ReauxTzunami

Jul 29, 2019
First off: this modpack is great. I started a world yesterday and have been enjoying going through the quests and surviving in the Deep Dark.
Now my problem:

I recently installed the latest update and had myself an extremely fun time fighting off a horde of lava monsters, but the residual fires that they left around have caused a pretty bad lighting glitch. I was unable to put out some of the fires while others were completely invisible. After about 5-10 minutes of fighting with it I decided to restart the save which removed all of the fires but left the light information. On top of that all of my current light sources (pumpkins/torches/lava) had their light levels inverted in the sense that lava gives off no light and my torches/pumpkins are brightening up a trail across the terrain.

Any similar situations or solutions for this?

EDIT: I managed to get rid of most, if not all of the invisible fire/lights, but I still have the other issue.

Last edited:

devryb

Jul 29, 2019
First off: this modpack is great. I started a world yesterday and have been enjoying going through the quests and surviving in the Deep Dark.
Now my problem:

I recently installed the latest update and had myself an extremely fun time fighting off a horde of lava monsters, but the residual fires that they left around have caused a pretty bad lighting glitch. I was unable to put out some of the fires while others were completely invisible. After about 5-10 minutes of fighting with it I decided to restart the save which removed all of the fires but left the light information. On top of that all of my current light sources (pumpkins/torches/lava) had their light levels inverted in the sense that lava gives off no light and my torches/pumpkins are brightening up a trail across the terrain.

EDIT: I managed to get rid of most, if not all of the invisible fire/lights, but I still have the other issue.

Decrease the lava monster spawnrate in the config (We had to do this by quite a bit on the server)

In config\LavaMonsters.cfg this is what we set it to which bring it more in line of how often other mobs spawn:
# The chance for a lava monster spawn attempt to be successful.
D:spawn_chance=0.005

# The number of ticks between each lava monster spawn attempt.
I:spawn_frequency=50

With it at the default settings we found Lava monsters would take up most of the mob cap leaving little vanilla mobs spawning compared to what it should be.

Wolfsbane

Jul 29, 2019

I'm having the same issue. There's an area of my base that was on fire (not monster related) and now it can't be lit by lava or vibrant quartz. Only torches seem to work. Very odd.

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway to generate lava without magma crucible? This spend too much energy :(
I believe there's a quest that walks you through creating magmatic orbs and then you put those into your smeltery. From there you can pour it out into a bucket and dump it right back into the smeltery tank. Cheap and easy, need lumite and slime balls if I remember right to make the orbs.

alvaritopmage

Jul 29, 2019
I believe there's a quest that walks you through creating magmatic orbs and then you put those into your smeltery. From there you can pour it out into a bucket and dump it right back into the smeltery tank. Cheap and easy, need lumite and slime balls if I remember right to make the orbs.
Thanks, I'll Try, and one more thing, I have put in a compact machine, a floor of grass and doesn't spawn nothing, am i doing something wrong?

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019

Magma creme is what you're thinking of.

If you dig around at a y=11, you'll find lava fairly often. If/when you get around to an ender quarry, a pump upgrade will provide you with more lava than you know what to do with.

There are ways to make lava in a magma crucible without the energy cost being a burden. The easiest way that is fairly early game is to power it with a stirling generator from ender io. With an octadic capacitor (a bit pricey, but not horrible if you have the pearls) a stirling generator produces over a million rf. Also, since you can't make a magma crucible before you go to the hell cube anyway, turn some cobble into netherrack, and it will cost a lot less rf, 120,000 I think. In all, one bucket of lava will generate 8. The easiest way to automate putting lava in a generator is with a casting table. No, seriously. place the magma crucible so that one of the outputs is against a casting table. Place a bucket in the table, and it will act as a bucket filler. Have the stirling generator also against the table, and configure it to automatically input and output. The whole system will fit in a 2x2 space.

If you really want to go nuts, 2 igneous extruders (one set to cobble, one to obsidian), an aqueous accumulator, a factory manager, and a chest will turn it into a fully self sustaining water/lava/cobble/obsidian/power factory.

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
Edited to remove unnecessary rant. Sorry about that one.

I'm getting the same weird lighting glitches ReauxTzunami is getting. Lights that are there but not. Causing areas to appear to be lit but are really dark. I have submitted an Issue to your GitHub page about this.

Last edited:

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry my last post was made in frustration after a really terrible death streak nearly ending my game. Though I'm curious about other light sources, with torches not being strong enough to stop spawning, and glow stone not available early game. What's left besides lava?

Edit:
Forgot about jack o lanterns. Normally like to do a lot of mining before I get a farm setup. Guess I'll need to tweak things. Sorry for my rant. I need to cool off after a bad time before I hop onto forums.

Last edited:

Towdium

Jul 29, 2019
One thing you might want to have a check
There're two creative chests at the spawning point and the item can be changed by putting other items into it. This will possibly give you an infinity supply of any item available without cheating (maybe this can be regarded as cheating as well)
Sorry for my bad English