[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
I've turned in the last quest today and have to say I really enjoyed this fantastic mod pack. It's been a while since I've actually finished a HQM pack. The quest lines are very well structured and a lot better than in many other HQM packs I've played. The rewards were quite generous too (with some exceptions of course). My favourite was the "Supplying the Masses" quest line that kept me playing end-game. The only part which was complete overkill mid-game was the Vibrant Capacitor Bank quest which has been changed to basic Capacitor Bank in the new version so that's great to see. ;) I especially loved the way how Compact Machines have been implemented.

Thanks so much mate. It is awesome to see someone play the pack all the way through and to see your builds is really cool.

If your interested send me PM and i will get you onto the testing team. As someone who has completed the whole thing you could really provide us with some great feedback (like the thaumcraft recipes!)

Hope you can give it another go in the 1.2 update!

Reactions: SnowShock35

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
Thinking of starting over suld i wait for 1.2 ???

1.2 will not be out for a a while. I would guess at least a month.

Feel free to play the current pack as we are still updating and fixing things as they come up.

All the feedback people give is helping build the final version. Any details you can give on your experience is very much appreciated.

Aeronaxx

Jul 29, 2019
Best way to get Ink Sacs?

Dig a room that is 5 or 6 blocks high. Place signs on the wall at your "Eye-height". The spawning squid should dive to the bottom and then die because they are out of the water.
Now you have to place a Vacuum Chest or a Vacuum Hopper connected to a barrel.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
I've turned in the last quest today and have to say I really enjoyed this fantastic mod pack. It's been a while since I've actually finished a HQM pack. The quest lines are very well structured and a lot better than in many other HQM packs I've played. The rewards were quite generous too (with some exceptions of course). My favourite was the "Supplying the Masses" quest line that kept me playing end-game. The only part which was complete overkill mid-game was the Vibrant Capacitor Bank quest which has been changed to basic Capacitor Bank in the new version so that's great to see. ;) I especially loved the way how Compact Machines have been implemented.

Keep up the good work. :)

Some impressions of my modest base and tips (might contain spoilers):
Base hub with all sub-Compact Machines, storage, machinery, etc. It was certainly a good idea to have as much as possible in the cubes as teleporting from cube to cube is almost instant since all cubes are in the same dimension. Also, I had zero lag in the cubes unlike outside in the deep dark.
4NzQPhy.png

Storage area of my Ender Quarry. The last Quarry I've built was 1000x1000 blocks with Speed III and Silk Touch Upgrade. SFM was fast enough to handle the massive amount of incoming ores and junk via Ender Chest.
c0RSx7v.png

AE2 Processors and Pure Crystals automation with SFM Block Gate and Rapid Item Valve.
9EvyrnF.png

My Big Reactor was 9x9x9 filled with Gelid Cryotheum. Reactor Control Rods set to 50% and producing 50k RF/t. It used a lot of fuel but there was no need building turbines anymore with the excessive amount of Yellorium from the Quarry.
X9tUCln.png

Oak Wood tree farm with Farming Station, Flux-Infused Axe and Reinforced Watering Can produced massive amounts of Wood in no time.
5473mr0.png

Wool farm with Stone Animal Farmer and Shiny Shears. It wasn't very efficient for the 16k+ Wool needed for the quest but I got there eventually. On a side note: Shiny is one of the best materials for Tinkers' Tools and a stack of Shiny Ores is given from one of the first few quests. Shiny does the most Attack Damage has great durability and the same mining speed as Cobalt.
xPQLs9F.png

Food and tree farm automation with Bone Meal and Autonomous Activator (and Farming Station for trees). I've had a normal crop farm in a maximum size cube with 3 floors and Golems before but it was too slow.
cD95PvB.png

Basic mob farm with Cursed Earth, Fans, Diamond Spikes, Vacuum Hopper and Bedrockium drum for the XP. On top I've planted Silver Wood Trees to get Pechs spawning. I've added a Witch (for Glowstone Dust) and Enderman Powered Spawner later once I had my Big Reactor going.
C3luzKZ.png

Basic AE2 auto-crafting. Very small but all I needed.
tTMRxWp.png

More AE2 auto-crafting, I didn't even need the Transvector Interfaces.
GLdf5Re.png

Thaumcraft automated infusion for the Lamps. Piped in the items from the bottom floor into the Arcane Pedestals and Autonomous Activator with a Tome of Knowledge Sharing and a wand next to the Runic Matrix to automatically activate it.
eAGGpZn.png

Alchemy automation with Golems for Alumentum mass-production.
j4YzVGa.png

It was worth finishing the "Supplying the Masses" quest line for Thaumcraft before going into KAMI to get the fully charged Ichorium Wand and Aura Nodes from the reward. One thing I didn't know before: Energized Aura Nodes with minimal aspects are still quite efficient for recharging wands. One node and only 2 aspects of each type will always give a value of 1 when energizing it producing still about 12 vis per minute for each type which isn't bad at all.
2F6kpC1.png

Final infusion for the "Ichorium Infused Hyperenergetic Singularity of Light" to craft the Deep Dark Portal.
xw9cgwt.png

Yes, I was not kidding about getting Bedrock for the Turret Configuration quest. :D
Jo6nY1w.png

Some custom recipes I've used for Ender/Nether Shards and Amber which I could barely find if at all.
K2Wzo9b.png
Wow! Just wow dude! A pat on the back for you seriously. I'm really happy to see someone complete the pack fully like this :D Really like your setups too dude :D

If it's possible would u mind uploading your world and sending us a link so we can take a look at it? Would really appreciate it if u can ;)

Reactions: JohnnyMobbins

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
so to make a glowstone,i need to smelt 40 glowstone dust in the smeltery??!!that is really expensive.

It's most likely a typo in the recipe. (I hope so at least. :))

But check the trades with the villagers in the cube. Not sure if that happens every time, but one of my villagers is trading 1 Emerald -> 3 Glowstone Blocks. I've got more than a stack that way already. The Nether Cube also has a couple of blocks inside.

recipe

Jul 29, 2019
Tooltip in nei suggests it is possible to make a broken villager spawner. It isn't (won't fit in the soul binder). Intentional?

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019

But check the trades with the villagers in the cube. Not sure if that happens every time, but one of my villagers is trading 1 Emerald -> 3 Glowstone Blocks. I've got more than a stack that way already. The Nether Cube also has a couple of blocks inside.

Mine was trading 1 emerald for only two glowstone, so it's not exactly the same trades.

a490920

Jul 29, 2019

not typo.i melt one glowstone dust in the smeltery and it got me 250mB of energize glowstone.to make glowstone,i need 10000mB of energize glowstone and a glass in a basin.so u do the math.

Celadeus

Jul 29, 2019
As usual, im unlucky and i have no freaking glowstone trade with villagers :(. So i use thaumcraft's crucible and duplication. With 3 torches and 1 lapis ( 3 lux + 1sensus ) i can duplicate glowstone.

But i clearly dont know how to get the flowers to craft the rainbow mankini. i keep in bone mealling grass in the main world and in cubes, but its an icy biome, so no flower can grow ... Anyone have an idea ?

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
As usual, im unlucky and i have no freaking glowstone trade with villagers :(. So i use thaumcraft's crucible and duplication. With 3 torches and 1 lapis ( 3 lux + 1sensus ) i can duplicate glowstone.

But i clearly dont know how to get the flowers to craft the rainbow mankini. i keep in bone mealling grass in the main world and in cubes, but its an icy biome, so no flower can grow ... Anyone have an idea ?

If the spawn areas are the same, there is a Forrest Biome just two or three chunks to the north. How far do you have to go into Thaumcraft in order to get Silverwood tree saplings. These trees are able to change the biome to Magic Forrest.
And is it possible to get Sunflower seeds in dungeon chests? They can also be turned into yellow dye.

lw03

Jul 29, 2019
firstly great pack been a while since i enjoyed a pack this much then i found this guy he has 8k hp and 1 shots me without even moving lol

Attachments

• 2015-07-23_04.27.33.png
    2015-07-23_04.27.33.png
    333.6 KB · Views: 83