[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

StoneHammers

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, i've been throught the whole thaumcraft questline, until i came to the hardest ... the leggings from thaumic tinkerer ...
The problem with the thaumcraft part is that cause warp is disabled, and there are no crimson obelisks, you cant unlock eldritch part, so you cant unlock ichor. So i manually gave myself the minimum requisit to unlock ichor.
And even then, to produce it, you need nether shard, dropped by pigmen

I don't know if there is anything coming with next update, but i hope there'll be a way to obtain these research/items by spawning obelisks, a new cube, recipe with nether portal or anything.

At the moment i'm at the end of the questline, and i really appreciated the idea of the modpack. I'll try to make some farming areas before the thaumcraft thing is ok :p

Everything this guy said! Having a blast with Thaumcraft but I can't unlock the end game stuff.
Image of my hobbit hole at spawn :p
2015_07_25_01_43_00.png

Last edited:

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
found a few quests that I think are broken -

Diamond spikes - So the recipe makes 4, this completes 1/4 of the quest The previous quest for gold spikes asks for 4 and accepts the 4 the recipe makes - it follows that diamond spikes should work the same way.

Holy Hand granades - You have to make a whole stack of them to pass the quest! again the recipe makes 4, I expected 4 x 4 to make 16 but 64!!?

Ender shot - you have to craft 8 stacks!!! to pass this quest, which is totally excessive and I'm sure is not what you intended -again its a recipe that crafts 8 - making 1 stack is what I expected it to be, but no I was only 1/8 complete.

How did you intend us to use the blaze spawner?

Sad to see the swopper gone, luckily I read about it, so I didnt lose my tools, I thought it was a really nice mod and didnt notice any slow down. I broke a cube when I spawned a greatwood tree inside, it made a hole in the roof, cant climb out, but its snows in the void!
Nice to see that other quests have been fixed, the qds took my lava this time:p

Reactions: SnowShock35

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
For the diamond spike/grenade/ender shot thing, that's a bug with HQM. If you shift click a recipie, it only counts the number of times it's been crafted, not the number of items crafted. If you pull it out of the crafting table with just a left click, it should count properly.

/hqm edit to complete those quests, since you did put in the work, just got bugged.

nDeavor

Jul 29, 2019
I try to get a server running, but it looks like there are some issues with some mods.
The world loads but the first two chests are transparent and when I open them the client crashes.
I am running the server on Linux and downloaded via FTB.

And idea why it doesn't load all mods properly?

I just unzipped the folder and started the forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10-universal.jar

Log says after the client carshed

cofh.thermalexpansion.block.strongbox.TileStrongboxCreative cannot be cast to openmodularturrets.tileentity.LeverTileEntity

StoneHammers

Jul 29, 2019
I love packs with good story lines and you got yourself a really good one here but your not taking advantage of it. Quest rewards should unlock more of the storyline not otherwise unobtainable items that are used in multiple mods. If a player wants to toss the book in the trash and focus on only Thuamcraft their should be a path for that.
I personally feel the HQM should be used more like a user manual and less like a assembly manual, if that makes any sense. The HQM should give you hints and options to progress with a good story line but I felt like I was forced to build crap I would never use just to get items that I needed for other mods. If the pack had more custom recipes it would allow people to do their own thing and turn to the HQM for help if they get stuck or board and want to learn more about this world you have created or about mods they have never used before. Why can't it be more of a survival manual with chapters and quests that are all unlocked from the start?

Well Anyways Thank you so much I'll play it again with the next update.

Last edited:

Wraithghost77

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I've got a question about Pam's Harvestcraft I've broken grass for over 3hrs and still haven't gotten any of the pam's seeds am i doing something wrong? I'm just getting the normal seeds ex. seeds, cotton, melon, etc....

StoneHammers

Jul 29, 2019
I got this when launching via Curse:
Any ideas for a quick fix?

I think you may need to update or install Forge

Hello I've got a question about Pam's Harvestcraft I've broken grass for over 3hrs and still haven't gotten any of the pam's seeds am i doing something wrong? I'm just getting the normal seeds ex. seeds, cotton, melon, etc....

Dig down deep and find some emeralds use them to build a trading post a "market" that will let you buy all the seeds for emeralds.

Celadeus

Jul 29, 2019
AAAAh ty for all the changes to thaumcraft part :D. Now i'll be able to continue the story ^_^.

But, still, i think you need the crimson book to unlock a part of the eldritch tab, and to go to the outer land. And you need obsidian totems to create the portal. So technically, you're still not able to unlock ichor part of TT.

Anyway, great job :D

Btw, i also have issues when i try to load my map :/

XianLost

Jul 29, 2019
All of my quest book progress was lost when I did the update. Any thoughts on how I can retrieve my quest process, or do I just start over? (FWIW, was doing this as a party with another player the whole time as a single player open to LAN server)

Celadeus

Jul 29, 2019
All of my quest book progress was lost when I did the update. Any thoughts on how I can retrieve my quest process, or do I just start over? (FWIW, was doing this as a party with another player the whole time as a single player open to LAN server)

Use the /hqm edit to obtain a special quest book, with wich you can complete your quests. So complete all the quests you had, and then toss the rewards away.

So your game is working, mine crash when i try to launch it X)

XianLost

Jul 29, 2019
Use the /hqm edit to obtain a special quest book, with wich you can complete your quests. So complete all the quests you had, and then toss the rewards away.

So your game is working, mine crash when i try to launch it X)

awesome. I'll do that. thanks.

yea, loading was no problem. I downloaded both maps downloads when it asked me to.