[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

da2loo

Jul 29, 2019
Crafted the Stone Miner and placed it in the world with a couple different types of chests on top and with item transport tubes and some Ender Items conduits (from bag reward bag). Nothing seems to stop the blocks from shooting out of the machine which is frustrating and messy. This makes it a pain to use the darn thing. Is there any way to fix this and either collect the blocks in the Miner or somehow route the blocks into a box (preferable)?
I've noticed this as well in the newer versions, there are a few ways for collecting items on the ground:
  • Vaccum Hopper from OpenBlocks (you get one from the first quest in the section: MC Tower Defence).
  • Machine Inventory Manager and (Rapid) Item Valve from Steve's Factory Manager if you know how to use it.
  • Transfer Node from Extra Utilites with World Interaction Upgrades (the more upgardes the larger the area)
  • Vacuum Chest from Ender IO
  • Thaumcraft Golems with Harvest Animation Core (that's too early but good for large areas).

OmegaStorms

Jul 29, 2019
Update to the Stone Miner post above. Upgraded to Iron Miner and Chopper. The blocks do not get go into chest or item conduits/tubes for either the Miner or the Chopper.

Get automated, they said. It will be wonderful, they said. Blocks flying everywhere, they never said.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
I am seeing serious issues with lighting now. Standard torches are showing red right next to them now. This seems to be a visual glitch and not an actual lighting issue. I will not die in the area due to the dark, but when i use F7 to check darkness it's all red. Really annoying when trying to light up an area :( Please check into this.

It looks like it just means .. the mobs will spawn no matter what at that light level .. you have to use the higher end torches to stop mob spawn .. but you won't die from the dark .. so it's confusing now .. lol

This is odd. Could I please ask what version you are on?
And could I please have a couple of screenshots of this happening. Thanks

Reactions: SnowShock35

OmegaStorms

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed this as well in the newer versions, there are a few ways for collecting items on the ground:
  • Vaccum Hopper from OpenBlocks (you get one from the first quest in the section: MC Tower Defence).
  • Machine Inventory Manager and (Rapid) Item Valve from Steve's Factory Manager if you know how to use it.
  • Transfer Node from Extra Utilites with World Interaction Upgrades (the more upgardes the larger the area)
  • Vacuum Chest from Ender IO
  • Thaumcraft Golems with Harvest Animation Core (that's too early but good for large areas).

I tried the Transfer Node but that is not working for me either. The other solutions are not as attractive as I don't want machines tossing blocks all over the place even if they can get vacuumed/picked up. I guess I will have to use my trusty hammer and just make some more holes to mine until I can get into some other machines.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
The issue with the progressive automation machines is a bug with the mod. It is fixed in newer versions and will be fixed in the next update. If you wanted you could manually upgrade to any version after 1.6.19.

Sorry for not pointing this out sooner

da2loo

Jul 29, 2019
I tried the Transfer Node but that is not working for me either. The other solutions are not as attractive as I don't want machines tossing blocks all over the place even if they can get vacuumed/picked up. I guess I will have to use my trusty hammer and just make some more holes to mine until I can get into some other machines.
Use a Vacuum Hopper right on top of the Miner and you won't have any items flying around. The Vacuum Hopper picks them up before you even when standing next to it.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone let me know where or which level can I find quartz? I just updated from 1.11 to 1.14, not sure if it helps..

There is currently none in the map. For now you must explore new chunks to get it. This is fixed in 1.2.0

Last edited:

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
New chunks means I need to move out from the pre-generated map?
Roughly how far is it?

For 1.2, do I need to start over?

We do not know exactly how far. Your best bet is at least as far as the furthest hidden cubes (about 1000 blocks).

For 1.2 it will be a complete reset with a new map (ores all fixed) and a pretty major change to the quest book

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
We do not know exactly how far. Your best bet is at least as far as the furthest hidden cubes (about 1000 blocks).

For 1.2 it will be a complete reset with a new map (ores all fixed) and a pretty major change to the quest book
Will 1.2 fix all the random mob filled holes in the world?

samuelsam55

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome Modpack.This is one of my top 3 favorites, even though I barely played 6 hours or so.
I just love the HQM quests. That gives us a purpose to play in this pack.

Bug: I have noticed that if you make a block update near a rice crop in a big compactmachine cube, it will disapear. That really sucks, since I love Pam's rice.

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
Bug: when you craft ardite ore you get an extra nether gate. The extra gate has one extra damage taken out of it as well.

Normally I'd PM a dupe bug, but it's far more expensive than the normal recipe, so it's doubtful it will be exploited.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Awesome Modpack.This is one of my top 3 favorites, even though I barely played 6 hours or so.
I just love the HQM quests. That gives us a purpose to play in this pack.

Bug: I have noticed that if you make a block update near a rice crop in a big compactmachine cube, it will disapear. That really sucks, since I love Pam's rice.

Thanks for your feedback, we have worked hard to make the pack enjoyable. That seems to be a shame that it is happening. I will add it to our tracker so we can reproduce it, then pass onto Pam if needed

Bug: when you craft ardite ore you get an extra nether gate. The extra gate has one extra damage taken out of it as well.

Normally I'd PM a dupe bug, but it's far more expensive than the normal recipe, so it's doubtful it will be exploited.

Thanks for letting me know, I will pass that on