[1.7.10] Ultimate Questpack [WIP][800+ Quests][HQM][OpenWorld]

What mod would you like me to create quests for?

• Total voters

TheHawkeye

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I made a bit of art. It is what I will use as my thumbnail, but I thought you guys might wanna see it.

Attachments

• Ultimate Questpack Thumbnail Art.png
    Ultimate Questpack Thumbnail Art.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: SnailsAttack

666nolongeralone

Jul 29, 2019
In the Botany questline, one of the quests is to detect the upgraded Lexica Botanica after you've thrown it through the portal and had it returned. I'm not sure how the questbook differentiates between an ordinary Lexica Botanica and one with the added Alfheim knowledge, but it's not detecting it. Perhaps the detection task should be for something like pixie dust,
which is crafted using the portal to Alfheim

TehGamingPug

Jul 29, 2019
Err as a guy who doesn't really enjoy playing with Spice of life i attempted to remove it from the pack and the result was my game crashing every single time, is there a way to remove the mod and get past the constant crashing?(Ive removed it from the mod pack through the FTB launcher and by taking it out of the actual mudpack folder and to no avail)

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
Err as a guy who doesn't really enjoy playing with Spice of life i attempted to remove it from the pack and the result was my game crashing every single time, is there a way to remove the mod and get past the constant crashing?(Ive removed it from the mod pack through the FTB launcher and by taking it out of the actual mudpack folder and to no avail)

You can disable the diminishing returns part completely in the config, without removing the mod. It's probably the easiest and fastest way :)

Reactions: TehGamingPug

KeepOnDigging

Jul 29, 2019
i have a question, now if i update all of the mods will it effect the quest book?

Yes, if you update all the mods your game will crash before it loads the splash screen. This is a bug/feature of HQM where it bombs out if any item referenced in the quests does not exist or changes. I am seriously thinking of writing an export/import module for HQM so that quests can be exported to a readable text format, edited and re-imported. But the devs have already hinted at something like this, so I'm playing the wait-and-see game.

You can selectively update some mods, you can remove some mods, you can generally add new mods.

Trial and error, and keep notes of each change so you can easily reverse it.

Good luck, and
KeepOnDigging.

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
I believe Fuuzect said that once the pack is up and running on the curse client, he will have a much easier time updating the mods (that can be updated without HQM blowing things up), so hopefully that will happen soon enough :)

ic3chill

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, if you update all the mods your game will crash before it loads the splash screen. This is a bug/feature of HQM where it bombs out if any item referenced in the quests does not exist or changes. I am seriously thinking of writing an export/import module for HQM so that quests can be exported to a readable text format, edited and re-imported. But the devs have already hinted at something like this, so I'm playing the wait-and-see game.

You can selectively update some mods, you can remove some mods, you can generally add new mods.

Trial and error, and keep notes of each change so you can easily reverse it.

Good luck, and
KeepOnDigging.
Thank you for the reply , help out alot :)

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any problem with, Thermal Dynamics-Itemduckts or servos? I tried different combinations, but doesn't start to work.

ThWolf

Jul 29, 2019
http://pastebin.com/HZ3vNdh6
Seems that Blood Magic doesnt like Tinker's Construct.
I accidentally placed my crossbow in a T1 blood altar and game crashed.
Edit: Could duplicate. You can place the crossbow, just cant remove it by hand. Further testing with conduits.
Edit2: Enderio conduits remove it without a problem. By hand crashes the game.

Last edited:

ĐevE@gŁ3

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any problem with, Thermal Dynamics-Itemduckts or servos? I tried different combinations, but doesn't start to work.
The Thermal Dynamics is very early mod... almost every day to update comes out, and will not be updated because the modpack (may be updated) so often, I think it could be a mistake. Try to manually update the mod, the mods associated with it, but beware! It may be that you saved, or will not go away ... modpack BACKUP !! (Sorry my BAD english, translate my hungarian language with Google Translate...)

SnailsAttack

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing this pack for a while now, and I can definitely say its pretty good. But theres one quest that I really can't stand. Its the 'A place to call home' quest. It forces the player to collect lots of supplies that they may not want or be able to obtain, and it is kind of forceful. I suggest removing the part with the 64 stack of oak logs required and the 200 stone bricks.

Bio101

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to do a bit of a speed run for about 50 quests in creative to just see how this modpack is and it feels very rushed. The quests most of the time say 'no description' on them and you never tell us what we need to do with those items. For example I had no idea what the heck a 'power light (inverted)' was and why you wanted me to make it. Also I would like a clear explination of why the set 'bzzz' which is all about bees has the description 'build huge railines across the country and create your own minecarts.'

Titan_of_Time

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to do a bit of a speed run for about 50 quests in creative to just see how this modpack is and it feels very rushed. The quests most of the time say 'no description' on them and you never tell us what we need to do with those items. For example I had no idea what the heck a 'power light (inverted)' was and why you wanted me to make it. Also I would like a clear explination of why the set 'bzzz' which is all about bees has the description 'build huge railines across the country and create your own minecarts.'
The point of the modpack isnt to be a full in-depth tutorial for every mod included, that is why the majority of quests do not have descriptions. If you want a modpack like that go play Wanderlust Reloaded. And I would assume that the 'Bzzz' is a typo. The modpack is just to give people are sort of guideline into what they could do with the mods, i play it because I never know what to do next and so having a quest gives me a set goal.

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019

The thing is that the first quests I created was very "rushed". I just played with friends and wanted to have some goals. Now after I released it I have gotten requests to write what the different items do. Therefore I am doing that on all the newly created quests, and I also write descriptions on some of the many quests I have already created every update. My goal is to have small guide on what every item in the quests do, if not a guide is already provided (for example Thaumcraft and Botania). As you might understand this takes quite some time and that is why it also says Work In Progress in the title.

The bees thing is just a small mistake I made and will be fixed in the next update. I took a brake in the Easter holiday, but I will now start work on the pack again. The new version include a server download and also you no longer have to download the pack code.

Reactions: Jemes78 and Mlukvai