[1.7.10][Twitch/Curse/FTB] InfiTech 2u: Fear the Night .8 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
A piece of charcoal is about 1/6th of a lava bucket (looking at the wiki; 48000 against 300000), so a full charcoal pile (11x11x5) would be just over 100 buckets of lava (pile gives 1-2 charcoal per log).
Bigger boilers (Railcraft) tend to be more efficient, and you can upgrade your charcoal with a cobblegen and some Thaumcraft trickery.
I fully overlooked lava this round- a full tank sounds like a good way in, but you'll likely hit a point when it'll be easier to switch over to charcoal since you can batch-process it semi-automatically.
The downside of charcoal is getting enough flint to make the axes.

Also would gravel be an appropriate accumulation in the lava boiler? all that molten rocks gotta go somewhere...

Last edited:

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
New update will be sent to FTB and Twitch tomorrow and the changelog will be posted then as well. Just finishing up some testing to make sure things are working correctly. Expect the update within the next 4 days to be up for download :)

Reactions: MarcNemesis

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
New update will be sent to FTB and Twitch tomorrow and the changelog will be posted then as well. Just finishing up some testing to make sure things are working correctly. Expect the update within the next 4 days to be up for download :)

Good stuff.

Are the reward bags predetermined or random contents? I ask because I've always chosen the components bags, but the vast majority of the time I have been given a couple of Emitter (LV)s. I have 35 of them now.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Good stuff.

Are the reward bags predetermined or random contents? I ask because I've always chosen the components bags, but the vast majority of the time I have been given a couple of Emitter (LV)s. I have 35 of them now.
They are random.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
They are random.

I did some digging, and it looks like they are not working correctly:

https://github.com/DoubleDoorDevelopment/JsonLootBags/issues/5

There is some issue that makes them get stuck on a certain reward, and it is probably down to an internal minecraft bug (or "feature"). I'm playing on a server (with just me on it) which may be part of it - the issue linked above has a few more theories, but it doesn't look like this will ever by fixed.

Mine were fairly random for the first few component bags, but I've had a string of a dozen bags each with 3 LV Emitters, which is statistically impossible.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't checked the stastistic but if there is even 0.1% chance, then it is possible XD.

I did say "statistically impossible" rather than impossible.

If there are only 8 reward possibilities (there are vastly more once you take into account number if items in bag, not just type) then the probability of seeing the same result 12 times in a row is:

1/8^12

which is 1/2^36

which is approximately 1 in 64 billion. Less than 0.1% of 0.1% of 0.1% chance. Everyone on earth could try it 10 times and there it is still unlikely that anyone would get that result. Not only that, but the probability above is a vast overestimate.

I might have a look at the decompiled minecraft code and see how the loot generation works, but that might be too much effort.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Clearly something is wrong with my god damn crappy clients. I've just updated to V0.64 and suddenly, my FTN using Twitch no longer has the Journeymap mod. I'm gonna try to force-update it again and see if it fixes the problem.

Edit: Can't seem to force-update Twitch games so i downloaded the mod from my server.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Clearly something is wrong with my god damn crappy clients. I've just updated to V0.64 and suddenly, my FTN using Twitch no longer has the Journeymap mod. I'm gonna try to force-update it again and see if it fixes the problem.

I did a quick test download off of twitch and journeymaps was missing from mine too so I double checked the files I provided for twitch/FTB and it is in there. There must of been some sort of issue during sync, the file size increased quite a bit for there being no changes to mods. I shot a message over to them to see if they'll look into it. They'll probably have to re-upload and re-sync.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I did a quick test download off of twitch and journeymaps was missing from mine too so I double checked the files I provided for twitch/FTB and it is in there. There must of been some sort of issue during sync, the file size increased quite a bit for there being no changes to mods. I shot a message over to them to see if they'll look into it. They'll probably have to re-upload and re-sync.
To add on to this. I'm back with the problem of the dragging multiple items by holding L-Shift + L-Click (MouseTweak) from inventory to inventory. I'm gonna come on your server to see if it's only on my side (again) and edit this post afterward.

Edit: Or maybe not, can't seem to access your server.

Last edited:

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
To add on to this. I'm back with the problem of the dragging multiple items by holding L-Shift + L-Click from inventory to inventory. I'm gonna come on your server to see if it's only on my side (again) and edit this post afterward.

Edit: Or maybe not, can't seem to access your server.

Our servers haven't updated yet, hadnt had the time to yet, but now were waiting until the version is fixed on FTB and curse

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
So i tried modifying the MouseTweak config. DIdn't help, as usual...Which in a way is normal because the config are as they should be in the first place. For some reason, it's as if it didn't detect MouseTweak even though it is installed. But anyhow, i've deleted my Twitch profile for FTN and i'm re-installing it right now. We'll see if this fix the issue.

Edit: Didn't fix the issue. This is so annoying. Each and every time i update. I get this stupid issue and it's only on my side. It' snot like i'm changing anything. I'm pressing this one button "Update". :mad:
Edit 2: Holding R-Click to drag multiple item from a stack to different inventory slot is working. THe problem is strickly L-Shift + LMB.
Edit 3: I giveup. I uninstalled FTB, Twitch, Minecraft, restarted my PC, installed Twitch, installed FTN and Shift + LMB is still not working.
Edit 4: I simply refuse to give up...it's not in my nature. So i've noticed something a bit...awkward which made me confused. We have the "Mousetweak.cfg" but there is no "Mousetweak.jar" o_O?

Edit 5: I fixed the problem. The fact that Mousetweaks.jar was missing made the config not work. INstalling the jar fixed the problem. Finally!

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Well something else seems to have gone wrong... Twitch gave me an update (V0.64.0.1) to do for FTN so i did. Afterward, i took my config & Script files and uploaded them to my server. Now when i try to log on, i'm "Fatally missing block".

So i tried downloading the Config, Mods & script folder from the server and still receiving the same error..

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Now i'm gonna try to roll back to the previous version (V0.64.0) and see if this fixes the problem.
Edit: Well that didn't work out so well. So i wiped the slate clean. Reinstalled V0.64.0.1 Then i re-uploaded the config/script folder. - Fatally missing block.

Last edited:

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
when u updated your server you only changed the script and config folders correct? No Mods changed in this update. Only thing that changed was a couple config and script files, it was a minor update. If you roll back you need to go to .63, the .64 has the the server and client files swapped as noted above. .64.1 download is corrected and working good