[1.7.10][Twitch/Curse/FTB] InfiTech 2u: Fear the Night .8 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
^_^. Can't play tonight as i have my GF over but i should be able to update tomorow and have a look at it.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
That could be a nice idea. But i'm wondering as to where you intend to gate it tech-wise. I've noticed that compared to Infitech 2, you gated Crops automation behind EV as opposed to HV before that. Which is somewhat normal knowing how potent crops can be.

As for Bees, they can be automated quite early on but are inneficient unless you mass produce them in a large area until you have a high end power source. Which is why i'm unsure as to where you would put them in the quest line (tech-wise).

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
They will be their own entire page in the quest book. They will open quite early on, but process is gated in LV. Higher tier metals are gated further along due to changes to fluid soldifier recipes I did a while back.

Im thinking of gating the use of machines for breeding later in the pack though, possibly through making labware only purchasable through the quest book (which would only open after making it so far in the bees without those machines)

Reactions: MarcNemesis

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
The .62 update will be due out here shortly. Just a warning to players planning on updating to it the setting in the config to turn on easier chemistry recipes is being turned off. If you wish to keep the old recipes you will need to go in the gregtech config file and change this setting: DisableOldChemicalRecipes=true to false. If you've been player Fear the Night since .4, then you've already dealt with the new chemistry changes so there wont be much change for you.

In other news the bee quest line will be in this update :)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Erm...your saying the easier chemistry recipe is being turned off yet it's been inactive since 0.4? I'm confused :p.

I want complicated so do i leave the config as after updating?

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
What I meant to get across is the harder recipes have been there for anyone that's been playing already. They added the ability to have the easier recipes in the latest gregtech 5u update and I didn't notice the easy ones were set to default until after I released the .61 update.

If you want complicated then you don't have to change anything from the new update files

Reactions: MarcNemesis

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
One thing you probably already noticed but the Bee's quest are all shown. Is that intended or you plan on hiding them in a futur update?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
In V.063 The Questbook can't be opened for my friend and I. Anyone else encountered that issue?

He's using FTB.
I'm using Twitch.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I second the hardcore darkness thing. Just installed it and it looks pretty good.

There seems to be a few minor rendering issues- areas of total darkness can have a sharp boundery, and theres a few patches of lingering darkness under trees. On the whole seems to work quite well.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I absolutely hate hardcore darkness and I remove it from every pack I encounter (I love visibility). But I'm not playing this pack so I don't have a vote.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Does the quest book not work in a single player world or is it just the server?
SO i've just checked, SSP works fine. So i went on and joined your server and it works fine as well.

On my part, i updated Twitch to V0.63 and then replaced the Config & Script folder from the server with my own. Every files were transferred correctly as far as i know but i'll do it again tonight if i get the chance and see how that goes.