[1.7.10][Twitch/Curse/FTB] InfiTech 2u: Fear the Night .8 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I'll take a look at it. I'll probably end up with Pyure on this one since I like being able to see :p It does go with the theme of the pack though. Could be something I include disabled by default after messing with the config and such.
I'd be one of those who activate this config :D

Edit: Having this would (for me) be like having the modpack Blood N Bones and Infitech 2 mixed together without the heavy block destruction BNB bring :p Hardcorw survival & Hardcore technology development.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Does the quest book not work in a single player world or is it just the server?
I've fixed the problem. I've re-uploaded the Config & Script files. Now everything seems to be working fine (i say "seems" because i only logged a quick second to check the quest book ;p.) But before that everything else was fine so i doubt anything else went wrong this time.

One thing i did notice though is that 1-2 days ago, my Twitch made a tiny update to my Infitech 2u. So i'm thinking that maybe it something went wrong the first time arround.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
I've fixed the problem. I've re-uploaded the Config & Script files. Now everything seems to be working fine (i say "seems" because i only logged a quick second to check the quest book ;p.) But before that everything else was fine so i doubt anything else went wrong this time.

One thing i did notice though is that 1-2 days ago, my Twitch made a tiny update to my Infitech 2u. So i'm thinking that maybe it something went wrong the first time arround.

Glad it was an easy fix, those r my favorite

B

Boshy

I reached the point of lv-machinery and was wondering if hootch was still a viable power source. I had been using it in the past in Beyond Reality Modpack and it enabled me to have 2 copper coil mv-EBFs running at the same time (in early mv-age), just with a small Golem Potatofarm and a Piston-Sugarcane harvester fueled by a lamp of fertility. Was insanely good.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I reached the point of lv-machinery and was wondering if hootch was still a viable power source. I had been using it in the past in Beyond Reality Modpack and it enabled me to have 2 copper coil mv-EBFs running at the same time (in early mv-age), just with a small Golem Potatofarm and a Piston-Sugarcane harvester fueled by a lamp of fertility. Was insanely good.
I'm not a Thaumcraft guy much but i believe the road to GOlem was modified in this version of Infitech 2. So you might struggle a tiny bit to get to them.

As for hootch...i don't know what that is so i wouldn't be able to say.

B

Boshy

I'm not a Thaumcraft guy much but i believe the road to GOlem was modified in this version of Infitech 2. So you might struggle a tiny bit to get to them.

As for hootch...i don't know what that is so i wouldn't be able to say.
That sure is true, and I love the Golem tweaks. Hootch is a liquid from EnderIO that is used to create nutrient distilation. Its made of water, sugar and potatoes in an EnderIO Vat.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
That sure is true, and I love the Golem tweaks. Hootch is a liquid from EnderIO that is used to create nutrient distilation. Its made of water, sugar and potatoes in an EnderIO Vat.

I haven't made any changes to Hootch myself, so I'd imagine it is still good

Reactions: Boshy

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I see. I'll take a look at it the next time i get a chance to play. I'm curious as to how much power this generate.

R

RomaEcho

Is there is a way to disable gt machines now? A year ago I did it through a hammer. Now it doesnt work, at least on bronze machines.
Thanks to authors of this pack, it's very enjoyable to play with updated gt.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Is there is a way to disable gt machines now? A year ago I did it through a hammer. Now it doesnt work, at least on bronze machines.
Thanks to authors of this pack, it's very enjoyable to play with updated gt.
Same method as always. Use the Soft Mallet (previous name was Soft Hammer)

Reactions: RomaEcho

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
So i was looking for the Advanced Miner II and i noticed i couldn't find it in NEI. After some searching arround in NEI, i stumbled onto what seems to be it's replacement "Oil Drilling Plant" (Lv 1 to 4.) Am i right in assuming that this is what replaced the Advanced Miner II but instead of being already at it's maximum strenght of 96x96, it is now layered as to not be too OP'ed right off the start?

So following through one of my early post... I've reached the Ore Drilling Rig (Basic one) and it state a radius of 48. Just want to make sure it's not a typo and it is really "Radius of 48" as in 96x96 total.

Edit: Mean't as in circle shape.

Last edited:
B

Boshy

So following through one of my early post... I've reached the Ore Drilling Rig (Basic one) and it state a radius of 48. Just want to make sure it's not a typo and it is really "Radius of 48" as in 96x96 total.

Edit: Mean't as in circle shape.
Wait a minute it measures in circle shape now ? Im pretty sure that used to be different

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Wait a minute it measures in circle shape now ? Im pretty sure that used to be different
I don't know. That'what i'm asking. I know my school days are long gone but unless it changed radically, "radius" mean the line from the central point up to the edge of a circle.

Also, th3 Ore Drilling Rig is a updated version/new block of the Advanced Miner 2. So it's possible that it was indeed changed to a circle shape.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I have played a map for a couple of days, using a server and I was unable to start the server up again this evening.

It was hanging just before it would have come up, having loaded all the dimensions, and I would have anticipated it having gone to "preparing starting area" without any delay.

Instead after 21 minutes (!) it crapped out with an array out of bounds error apparently in HQM:

Code:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
    at hardcorequesting.network.DataReader.readData(DataReader.java:56)
    at hardcorequesting.Team.loadData(Team.java:857)
    at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.loadData(QuestingData.java:633)
    at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:519)
    at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:502)
    at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:408)
    at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:107)
    at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:438)
    at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_846_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.java:230)
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:258)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

After deleting the HQM players.dat file I was able to start the server.

I wasn't many quests in, so there wasn't much to catch up.

I have a backup of the server if there is anything else that would help diagnose the root cause of this.

Last edited: